DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING GIFS AND PICS

17 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

WCW Nitro for the PS1. The arcadey game with the rants.

WCW-Nitro-USA-220427-001432.png

That game was such a disappointment!  Nitro was super hot.  Playstation was super hot.  And then we got this bullshit.  Which of Dante's circles of hell is reserved for game developers who lazily assumed wrestling games were just fighting games with more spandex and assigned awful button combos accordingly?

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

wrestlemania04GIF.gif

This show always has a special place in my heart despite being objectively bad and way too long, as it was the first PPV I saw live.  I saw it on closed circuit at the Towson Center at Towson State University in 1988, so I would have been 13.  Later in life, I went to college there, and it was funny running laps in phys ed in the same building where I watched Wrestlemania 4. 

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

That game was such a disappointment!  Nitro was super hot.  Playstation was super hot.  And then we got this bullshit.  Which of Dante's circles of hell is reserved for game developers who lazily assumed wrestling games were just fighting games with more spandex and assigned awful button combos accordingly?

This show always has a special place in my heart despite being objectively bad and way too long, as it was the first PPV I saw live.  I saw it on closed circuit at the Towson Center at Towson State University in 1988, so I would have been 13.  Later in life, I went to college there, and it was funny running laps in phys ed in the same building where I watched Wrestlemania 4. 

I only ever played the Nitro demos back then when those came out. I was never into that button combo stuff for wrestling games, so I switched to playing some other game after playing the Nitro demos.

Jeff Jarrett was gonna be in the game but was axed.

WCW_Nitro-LoadingScreen-Jarrett.png

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, zendragon said:

May be an image of 5 people and people standing

Nobody but Wright looks happy to be there, and even he looks more nervous than anything.  Pillman is eyeballing that beer like, "man, this isn't going to do anything to me.  Maybe I can GHB it real quick."

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

R.0ff98a9f8bb35d0bf693f078fbd20c81?rik=t

R.099f35c7356709f7737fa04380931567?rik=o

Extreme Rules 2012 turns ten today. One of the best wrestling shows ever. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar was one of the most unique matches ever blending pro-wrestling with MMA and John Cena taking a real beating. My 2012 MOTY and Card of the Year. Gave it *****. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan was also great, Two out of Three Falls. One of my favourite match stipulations. CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho's Chicago Street Fight was better than their WrestleMania XXVIII match earlier that month too.

Edited by The Natural