DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING GIFS AND PICS

11 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Replicas of unused 1999 designs.  

02fd8nbzwfu71.jpg

si352clg9m081.jpg?auto=webp&s=02899b1f12

This is super interesting to me. Love seeing stuff like this.

The font for World Championship Wrestling is different on each title. Which is odd. As is using lower case letters on United States Heavyweight Champion. I don't remember the 1999 logo ever being purple like that. Which leads me to wonder if these were designs just submitted by belt makers that WCW never approved? That seems most likely. Still very cool to see.

This may be pedantic but shouldn't a World Television Champion be higher in the pecking order than just a United States Champion? I know it wasn't. But wouldn't a world title be more prestigious than a title of just one region?

• Like 1

J Mar was commissioned by WCW to update all the titles except the WCW WHC. The plans were scrapped

Around Aug 00 to 01, WCW somewhat deemphasised the new 1999 logo for PPV's.  Sometimes using the WCW initials or World Championship Wrestling on posters instead. Or variants logos. Or no logos.

• Like 2

I am starting to think that the main reason Vince wanted to use Theory because he is one of the few people in WWE even more terrifying when he smiles than Vince.   Seriously did they use a face of Theory to create the Fiend character?

• Like 4