DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

I get the Jade/Sterling pairing has finally developed some chemistry but Jade/Stoke would be perfect. Lesnar/Heyman-like.

Mark can be her Clarence Mason (since he is the official heel lawyer on retainer) and Stoke can be her Cornette.

• Like 7

Good for Stoke and Dakota saying "F it" and going on their own. His message to Xia today seemed to balance character and legit too.

I'd guess Roddy goes on a more "insane leader" role in Diamond Mine since I believe he's locked up for a bit (not that they won't cut folks who have long term deals).

At least Harlan can grow his hair back now.

10 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I will also accept Stokely Hathaway as the mouthpiece for the debuting Cesaro

Listening to that clip of Ember Moon grieving her frustrations on Chris Van Vlient's podcast and quickly scrolling down wrestling Twitter it seems like most of these guys were ready to leave or expecting it. I haven't been watching NXT but just on social media Stokely seemed to add alot to the brand. 

It's obviously not cool for anyone being released and it gets old seeing fans talk about bad WWE is for releasing guys but It doesn't bother me because most these guys seemed to be ready to go anyway so it's easier for me become cold to hearing about who got released 

I knew Dakota wasn't long for WWE once the try-outs didn't pan out. Feels very much like a Jonah situation, where Vince likely didn't quite get her. Good that she could feel the shift too and decided "naw, I'm good". 

Very surprised about Persia and Dexter as I assumed they were happy about the couple's thing.

• Like 1

The InDex wedding was the NXT finale as far as I'm concerned.

Shaw would probably be good in Impact. Dakota and Bivens are the only ones who really make sense for AEW. Dakota would be great to help get new-ROH off the ground with an occasional tour of AEW. Bivens fits in easily because he doesn't take up ring time and lots of people there could use a mouthpiece. Whoever said him and Jade Cargill is dead-on. He could poach Hobbs from Tazz too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I hardly ever watch WWE beyond YouTube clips admittedly, and yeah I get he is 38, but no, I don't really understand how WWE couldn't squeeze another year or two out of Lumis.

Fuck it Tone, bring him in with Gargano, put him in the JAS or just stick him in Chaos Project or something. 

Edited by RunningFromAmerica
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its more or less in line with how he has been about Vince for years now. Not sure what the surprise is.

Oh, I knew he was really negative about Vince and WWE. 

I didn't think he would take the rhetorical "Vince had a horrible childhood and his mother was a prostitute... Fuck him, LOL!" - approach. 

Then again, Ryback never seemed to be particularly bright. 

I’ve been going on a 06 Danielson marathon this past week. Somewhat out of order, but unplanned fun. Vs Kenta @ GBHV, vs Nigel McGuiness @ Unified, vs Samoa Joe @ Fight of the Century. I love that title run and each of these matches. 

• Like 5

On 4/30/2022 at 12:05 AM, christopher.annino said:

What a fucking waste of Stokely's talent. Dude will hopefully thrive in AEW. Plus they GOTTA get Dakota Kai. 

Yeah, anyone who would have wanted him for the main roster is crazy! What would have been the chances of him being used any way good? Let's give him a mute gimmick! "That's it! Ok, you never speak. Not a single vowel, ever!"

Edited by Shartnado
Chances, not changes
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, anyone who would have wanted him for the main roster is crazy! What would have been the changes of him being used any way good? Let's give him a mute gimmick! "That's it! Ok, you never speak. Not a single vowel, ever!"

They'd give him a gimmick where he'd be like that one episode of The Office where Kevin speaks like a caveman in order to eliminate unnecessary words and save time.

why-waste-time-kevin-malone.gif

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

In 1998, WWF had Mosh and Trasher as the unsanctioned Tag Team Champions of the Universe, (Shane Mcmahon called the belts the intergalactic titles)and they wore those toy foam belts. Then they dropped the belts to the Oddities.

Weird.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

They'd give him a gimmick where he'd be like that one episode of The Office where Kevin speaks like a caveman in order to eliminate unnecessary words and save time.

Sounds about right!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

For WWE, Meltzer said there will be main roster cuts. 

I was going to make a joke about phone signal in Nigeria, but I checked and Apollo actually has something of a Main Event winning streak recently. Still, I think it's not hard to get a read on who might be getting a call. 

- Maybe she is injured, but Doudrop hasn't wrestled in April according to Cagematch. 

- Nikki A.S.H was on Main Event this week, but has been barely used in a couple of months

- Gulak is getting the 'Billie Kay' push

- T-Bar lol.

- Fabian Aichner hasn't had a name change

- Hurt Business is kind of sad at this point.

- I'm thinking Viking Raiders stay because they'd probably be happy to go back to being War Machine at this point

- I'm thinking Los Lotharios are kept around, but they've not been featured much recently

- Roode is 45

- They don't seem that interested in doing anything with Shotzi

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I'd say; in that gif, he's only saying "wind sock."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1