DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I thought he might just be burned out on Japan but if you say so. He could always come back with a vengeance. 

As noted earlier, Juice Robinson told Bryan Alvarez and Mike Sempervive on Wrestling Observer Live that his New Japan Pro Wrestling contract expires at the end of this month and he has no plans to travel back to Japan.

Later during the interview, Robinson said that he has no more bookings after this weekend’s New Japan Strong show and he has no desire to wrestle.

Robinson was asked if there’s someone on his checklist like Bryan Danielson that he wants to wrestel. Robinson responded, “no, I don’t really have anybody that I wanna wrestle. There’s nothing that really – I just don’t have the urge to wrestle really anymore.”

Robinson said that he could be a really great “house husband” and he could do that very well. Robinson said that his fiance Toni Storm loves what she is doing in AEW and it’s a “great time” right now.

• Like 1

Shinjiro Ohtani update c&p from f4wonline.com.

ZERO1 has provided an update on Shinjiro Otani. 

The promotion released a statement on Thursday updating fans on the 49-year-old's condition. He underwent surgery on Wednesday to prevent further deterioration of a cervical spinal cord injury. The procedure is said to have gone as planned and Otani has been transferred to another hospital.

The injury occurred on Sunday's ZERO1 show when Otani was wrestling Takashi Sugiura in the main event. He took a German suplex into the corner and remained motionless after. It has since been reported that Otani is still unable to move his arms or legs. 

Otani's wife, Eriko Otani, released a statement as well (translations via Post Wrestling). 

"I married a professional wrestler, Shinjiro Otani, so I was prepared to accept a situation like this, but when I think of Shinjiro’s disappointment, I cry. However, we will not look down, but forward, and with the help of pro wrestling, we will continue to support Mr. Shinjiro. We will do our best with your warm support. We hope that you will continue to watch over us warmly. Finally, I would like to ask for your continued support for Zero One and all the wrestlers that Mr. Shinjiro has been protecting."

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If only we got Mike Tenay to remind us Rellik is killer spelled backwards. 

Some newz site just did an April Fool's post the other week stating that Tenay was coming out of retirement, and I was actually kinda bummed when I realized the date.

• Haha 1

The next WWE Saudi PLE TLC is either in late October or early Nov. August will have no PLE. 

Unknown what the UK PLE will be named.

I'm thinking at least two more PLE for NXT this year. 

How about Cesar O., Swiss third-nephew of Barry O.?

Plus with that name, when he eventually goes back to WWE, he's got a wacky long-lost family tag team with Randy Orton ready to go.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

How about Cesar O., Swiss third-nephew of Barry O.?

Plus with that name, when he eventually goes back to WWE, he's got a wacky long-lost family tag team with Randy Orton ready to go.

I'm neutral on the idea myself.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

He could go by Claudio Cesaro Castagnoli, then in a few years start going exclusively by Triple C.

There was a German Wrestler calling himself Triple C ages ago. Believe me, you wouldn't want to be associated with him as long as we talk wrestling (I'm sure he's a swell guy outside of wrestling)...