DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Imagining Kevin Sullivan or someone getting Kurrgan first and deciding to make him a Canadian abominable snowman.

Maybe having him arise from the ocean off of New Brunswick would need to be filmed in a warmer location. But yeah, a snow creature who was discovered due to a blizzard.

They did stupider things with Kurrgan.

Also a shame that the CMLL vignette with Kurrgan in a long trench coat and hat aren’t online because CMLL made Kurrgan look cooler than most of his WWF run.

I think Omos should get a long trenchcoat like he’s Blade or he’s the Grim Reaper from the “Crossroads” music video because his outfit, at least pre-MVP, makes him look like a giant dude who is dressed like a dude on your block.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Imagining Kevin Sullivan or someone getting Kurrgan first and deciding to make him a Canadian abominable snowman.

Maybe having him arise from the ocean off of New Brunswick would need to be filmed in a warmer location. But yeah, a snow creature who was discovered due to a blizzard.

Also a shame that the CMLL vignette with Kurrgan in a long trench coat and hat aren’t online because CMLL made Kurrgan look cooler than most of his WWF run.

I think Omos should get a long trenchcoat like he’s Blade or he’s the Grim Reaper from the “Crossroads” music video because his outfit, at least pre-MVP, makes him look like a giant dude who is dressed like a dude on your block.

I kinda see Omos dressed up like Deebo.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Would Kurrgan have been a better YETI than Ron Reis??

The problem with the Yet-ay was that he wasn't nearly as good as Loch Ness, much less The Giant.

And I'm pretty sure Giant Haystacks/Loch Ness being shit is generally the viewpoint of that guy, so...

(I don't think I've seen Giant Haystacks in the UK and I definitely haven't seen Loch Ness in Calgary. Did he actually suck for basically his whole career?)

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

My favourite Kurrgan in WWF moment was the Montreal Survivor Series Match where it felt like five out of seven eliminations occurred via a Side Slam. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Looks like that WWE Cardiff stadium show is on All Out weekend. Should be interesting to see what, if any, counter programming happens.

Bring in DBS Jr. for one night to job to Danielson.

22 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Wtf is Nixon Newell?

The former Tegan Nox. Most known for feuding with Dakota Kai, tagging with Shotzi for 5 minutes,  and having bad knees.

• Like 1

It really is crazy that nowing how Hogan was that he never got his heat back on the Yeti for the vicious humping he got at Havoc 95 lol. Even as a Nitro main event in November before they abandoned the Yeti gimmick. (He was a ninja Yeti and then the Super Black Ninja before he disappeared and came back as Flock member Reese)

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

She was released 3-4 months ago. And is Nixon Newell that big a name?

She’s a bigger name than Mark Andrews, Morgan Webster, Mike Hitchman or that skinny bloke whose name I’ve forgotten.

39 minutes ago, AxB said:

She’s a bigger name than Mark Andrews, Morgan Webster, Mike Hitchman or that skinny bloke whose name I’ve forgotten.

And your point being? Realistically none of those guys are going to be a major feature, assuming they participate at all. Same with Newell had she still been around. Its fine that you like her, but bemoaning WWE for running a major stadium when she is gone just seems odd.

Edited by Eivion

On 4/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

Of all these crazy wrestling things I’ve seen. Abdullah getting zapped in the Chamber of Horrors match might still be up there.  11 year old me loved that match, I don’t care what Wrestlecrap says, that match single handedly encapsulated Halloween.  The good guys defeat the evil monster when the evil monsters own buddy pulls the lever. To deliver a “shocking” badly produced and slightly camp finale.

Wrestlecrap? More like Wrestleawesome!

I loved a good bloody Abdullah brawl, but for whatever reason that Chamber of Horrors match is burned into my memory. I’ll gladly chip in to help out one of my all time favourites 

They blew their chance when Abdullah got electrocuted. He should have returned the next week wearing a suit and speaking English.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2022 at 10:06 PM, odessasteps said:

Funny how just a couple posts ater, someone mentioned The Mountie and Repo Man, 2 wwf guys given new gimmicks. 

Did they ever say The Mountie was Jacques Rougeau or was he always just The Mountie? 

Early on I think they said he got Mountie training in his time between runs at one point.