DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, like WALTER having weekly arguments with a monkey wouldn't be the greatest thing on television.

snl-sprockets.gif

I have zero interest in watching Walter as is but I have 10000000% interest in Walter as Dieter's bodyguard. 

• Like 3

That's not everyone's cup of tea, I get it.

I do find it funny that Imperium's whole deal is "the mat is sacred", and now they're going to the main roster where it's anything but.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Kurt Angle is having both of his knees replaced next month, and yes both of them at the same time. He will be on a wheelchair or a walker after that.

On his podcast, Raven said he just had his knee replaced. Said the other one sucks too as they were both down to having little to no meniscus but that one isn't as bad. Said he won't get that one replaced unless he absolutely has to as he's had a shoulder replaced and every time the pain is really intense. He joked that they didn't even give him old man tennis balls for the walker he had to use.

Edited by cwoy2j

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So the mullet has fortunately/unfortunately returned . We know Brian Pillman Jr has one, and Omega had them ironically. But which singles star wrestler will get one first to cement it back on the wrestling stage?

I’m counting on Hangman Page. 

Becky Lynch looks dangerously close enough to a mullet shag right now that I'll count her.

3 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Becky Lynch looks dangerously close enough to a mullet shag right now that I'll count her.

I saw that. I also saw a 17 year old kid folding shirts at the mall with a Bobbu Budnick cut, and wearing a t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I’m waiting for somebody to try that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I saw that. I also saw a 17 year old kid folding shirts at the mall with a Bobbu Budnick cut, and wearing a t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I’m waiting for somebody to try that.

I will watch AEW if they get a Salute Your Shorts-themed stable on that bitch, R.I.P. Ug.

All mullets and Donkeylips fat-man splashes and shit. 

Fuck yeah, I hold Camp Anawanna in my heart and will also hold the wrestling company in my heart that does that dumb shit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the mullet has fortunately/unfortunately returned . We know Brian Pillman Jr has one, and Omega had them ironically. But which singles star wrestler will get one first to cement it back on the wrestling stage?

Not a singles star wrestler but Cash Wheeler has one, although it’s not as epic as it was 6 or so months ago.

• Like 1

Abaddon has an 80s joshi monster heel one.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AxB said:

Can’t wait for Walter to get his version of Piper’s Pit. They can call it “Guten  Tag with Gunther” and they can have Gunther be the serious one and Marcel Barthel  be the zany one, and there can be wacky shenanigans because they’re from Europe and don’t even fully understand American English! 

Every week they can end the show by having Gunther stare into camera and say “Oh that Marcel, he so crazy!”

Coming to a Smackdown House Show near you - ARNOLD & Franco, The Bricklayers!

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/obvious-history-arnold-schwarzenegger-made-million-dollars-laying-bricks

When nobody was hiring them, the pair decided to rebrand themselves as European bricklayers, and began to charge European prices. They put an ad in the L.A. Times calling themselves “European bricklayers and masonry experts.”

• Like 2

Considering Daddy Magic Matt Menard is already doing an 80s wrestling persona, he totally should mullet it up too.

Perhaps Paul E could be persuaded to grow his skullet back out?

Pro Wrestling NOAH is bringing in notorious sleazeball Michael Elgin. They really shouldn't. He's got a lot of Speaking Out allegations.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

Some WWE notes from Meltz:

- Boogs' injury at Mania was legit and caused the finish almost 10 minutes early.   Dave estimates he's out at least 6 months, probably a lot longer.

- The Austin/Owens match was made into a match when Steve decided he was doing well enough in training to be able to put on a good match. The 'brawl' was just an out in case he didn't. 

- Brock & Ronda are booked for Backlash.  However, the Brock/Roman story is done. 

- Cody did a pilot for what sounds like a travel channel-type winery/distillery show.  (This is one of his exclusive deal things.)

- Alexa Bliss's disappearance from TV has been a mix of her wedding to singer Ryan Cabrera and no Mania angle.  

- Imperium (GUNTHER and Barthel) are moving up, but being broken up.  They'll probably be on separate brands.  No word on Aichner. 

- LA Knight and Raquel Gonzalez still appear to be getting called up.  

- Simone Johnson (daughter of The Rock) is going to have her 3rd (possibly 4th?) knee surgery.  Note, she is only 20 years old. 

• Like 1

Citing a "study" that he won't link, yelling "do your own research" and calling everyone that doesn't like him or his stuff a bot...

Ok, he may actually be like us after all.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Citing a "study" that he won't link, yelling "do your own research" and calling everyone that doesn't like him or his stuff a bot...

Ok, he may actually be like us after all.

Some day more people will realize this isn't a compliment. 

Anyway, it's weird that wrestling fans are so tribal. What's that all about? 

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Some day more people will realize this isn't a compliment. 

Anyway, it's weird that wrestling fans are so tribal. What's that all about? 

I mean, there's still that he's a Generational Billionaire so...

Also, I mean, it's not like rabid tribalism is exclusive to Wrestling fandom.

• Like 3

I mean - the use of bots and troll farms on Twitter is widespread. And of course, it’s not above WWE to do it. Pretty likely actually. They’re paying money to leak the Friday fast nationals for PR purposes.

A good portion of the cultural discourse on Twitter is fake. 

All that said, can’t Tweet that. Leak the report to a friendly journalist if you must. Get a lawyer involved if you have strong proof. Call Elon Musk if need be. But popping off on Twitter is just exacerbating the issue you’re trying to combat.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

the only way Tony could be more us is if Lance Storm showed up on Dynamite one week and claimed the only reason that AEW won't hire him is because Tony didn't rank him in the DVDVR 500

"I bet you'd hire Kawada! His kicks only looked good because they were shoots you mark!" 

God, Tony Khan is a mess.

WORRY ABOUT GETTING A FABIO CARVALHO REPLACEMENT FOR NEXT SEASON INSTEAD OF YOUR NICHE WRESTLING COMPANIES, TONY.

Damn it. 

• Like 1