DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

59 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Sunny was involved in a car cash, one man died.

"Sunny was involved," as in "Sunny didn't come to a stop and rear-ended another car, causing the accident."

I don't know if she was intoxicated at the time of this crash, but she has a bunch of DUIs and well-known drug problems, so, well, let's hope that the assumption that I've jumped to is incorrect. Either way, what a tragedy. 

Tammy "Sunny" Sytch is alleged to have caused an automobile accident that led to the death of a 75-year-old man. 

According to documents obtained by TMZ, the incident occurred on the evening of March 25 along U.S. Highway 1 in Volusia County. Sytch was driving a 2012 Mercedes and collided with the rear of a 2013 Kia Sorento that was stopped at a stoplight. The driver of the Kia was transported to hospital where he later died. 

Following the impact, the Kia Sorento then crashed into the back of a 2011 GMC Yukon, which had also been stopped at the stoplight. The occupants of the Yukon complained of back and neck injuries but were not transported to hospital. 

Two witnesses to the crash told police that Sytch was driving at a "high rate of speed." Police responding to the scene suspected she was operating her vehicle under the influence of alcohol. A blood sample was taken and the results are pending. The toxicology reports could lead to criminal charges being pressed against Sytch. 

The 49-year-old has already been arrested twice in 2022 for separate incidents. She was arrested in February for DUI and reckless driving. In January, she was arrested for allegedly having made death threats to a man while wielding a pair of scissors. 

Sytch has numerous DUI charges on her record. She was arrested for the offense three times in 2015 and sentenced to 90 days in prison. Further DUI charges stemmed from incidents on January 23 and February 2, 2018, leading to her spending several months in prison. Sytch was arrested for DUI again in October of 2018. She would eventually serve over a year in prison before being released on February 25, 2020. Following her release, she was arrested for alluding a police officer and driving with a suspended licence and was sent back to prison before being released on June 9, 2021.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yes, please. Looks like Fabian Aichner to RAW.

"Just imagine the matches we could get"

Gunther shows up as Butch's cousin trying to pull him away from Sheamus/Ridge

Guess that Marcel being promoted means we don't get Wes Lee and Dude Love beating Imperium for the titles.

Other unlikely new NXT tag team champions: Wes Lee and Izzy's Dad.

7 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Not really. Drew was pushed hard and flopped, Lashley was pushed hard and just kind of leveled off as an upper midcarder. He did get to work that Mania angle with Vince and Trump (23 I think), which is way more significant than anything Drew did in his first run. Both guys are in about the same spot now, but it's a much bigger step up for Drew than Bobby. Bobby was well on his way to being a career midcard/occasional secondary champ guy like Sheamus. I don't think he's really in a better spot other than he feels fresher for having been off WWE tv for several years.

I don't think this is right at all? Lashley worked the most promoted match on that Mania vs Umaga with the Vince/trump/hair shenanigans, moved straight into a program with Vince for the ECW belt, then worked a PPV title match vs John Cena where he fell short but I believe it took the first avalanche AA to put him down. He had to get surgery due to an injury a few weeks after that and requested his release before he returned from it.

I'm not saying he was destined to be a multi-time champ if he stayed and his push at the time always seemed a step beyond his abilities, but I don't recall or looking back see much evidence that WWE had lost interest in him as a potentially top guy.

• Like 4

I think we're saying the same thing. I don't remember the circumstances of his release, that might have been when he wanted to try MMA. I fully agree he was booked stronger and had more fan interest than Drew during his first WWE tenure.

If he stuck around, he almost certainly gotten some more rounds with Cena, Orton, Show, etc and gotten at least whichever main title was the 1B at the time at some point.

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yes, please. Looks like Fabian Aichner to RAW.

Six different WWE production assistants are combing Stamford for lederhosen right now so Gunther can join their wacky European stable.

Edited by Technico Support

Typical of WWE to call up a stable and split the tag team up onto different shows. Why don't they just call a tag team up and let it be a tag team look at how well that worked for the Usos they've been the anchor of the division (with New Day joining them) for over a decade let tag teams be tag teams damn, but the writers at WWE think they're twice as clever as they are. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Six different WWE production assistants are combing Stamford for lederhosen right now so Gunther can join their wacky European stable.

The only lederhosen big enough...

Qu-E47uhk6-Mlks-KJ4w0e-Jgj8-ZUUEl-Li-FVG

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

Typical of WWE to call up a stable and split the tag team up onto different shows. Why don't they just call a tag team up and let it be a tag team look at how well that worked for the Usos they've been the anchor of the division (with New Day joining them) for over a decade let tag teams be tag teams damn, but the writers at WWE think they're twice as clever as they are. 

“If they wanted to be a main roster tag team so badly, why aren’t they twins?”

• Haha 5

Can’t wait for Walter to get his version of Piper’s Pit. They can call it “Guten  Tag with Gunther” and they can have Gunther be the serious one and Marcel Barthel  be the zany one, and there can be wacky shenanigans because they’re from Europe and don’t even fully understand American English! 

Every week they can end the show by having Gunther stare into camera and say “Oh that Marcel, he so crazy!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AxB said:

Can’t wait for Walter to get his version of Piper’s Pit. They can call it “Guten  Tag with Gunther” and they can have Gunther be the serious one and Marcel Barthel  be the zany one, and there can be wacky shenanigans because they’re from Europe and don’t even fully understand American English! 

Every week they can end the show by having Gunther stare into camera and say “Oh that Marcel, he so crazy!”

That sounds all well and good, but they'll probably make him a goofball and it'll end up like Sprockets.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

So basically 

Watch Saturday Night Live Highlight: Two Wild & Crazy Guys: Double Date -  NBC.com

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

That sounds all well and good, but they'll probably make him a goofball and it'll end up like Sprockets.

Oh, like WALTER having weekly arguments with a monkey wouldn't be the greatest thing on television.

snl-sprockets.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, like WALTER having weekly arguments with a monkey wouldn't be the greatest thing on television.

snl-sprockets.gif

I have zero interest in watching Walter as is but I have 10000000% interest in Walter as Dieter's bodyguard. 

• Like 3

That's not everyone's cup of tea, I get it.

I do find it funny that Imperium's whole deal is "the mat is sacred", and now they're going to the main roster where it's anything but.

• Like 1