DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Without meaning to spam the thread .. yeah, there’s a lot of “I really can’t say what went down .. like, it wasn’t that bad .. but it was certainly something .. but we really can’t tell the fans what it was ..” being dropped in his interviews. It’s also telling that nigh on every positive remark relates to Khan’s money / bankrolling of ‘grass roots’ creative vision (e.g .. Cody’s), and no credit for Khan’s own creative nous. Guess we may have hit upon the disagreements ..

2 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I still think when I hear the reason was "personal differences" and/or "not money" points back to the Brandy thing. Like he wanted something big for her and TK wasn't having it. 

I mean, Vince isn't gonna have that either though.

41 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The only thing I have to offer is I wonder if Vince gets Rhodes to the Top to flip to USA. 

No, but Cody gets a sweet recurring spot on Chrisley Knows Best

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I still think when I hear the reason was "personal differences" and/or "not money" points back to the Brandy thing. Like he wanted something big for her and TK wasn't having it. 

It's totally baseless, but I tend to agree with you, especially after that Lambert segment in Philly. That was pretty tough to watch.

• Like 2

Before AEW, when Cody and the Bucks were working mostly ROH and sometimes NJPW (and Kenny was working mostly NJPW and sometimes ROH), Cody was getting paid more than everyone else. Even his rate in NJPW (as a midcarder) was higher than Kenny's (as top gaijin/ World Champion).

So possibly he did take it personally, to be not the highest paid person in AEW. Especially if he was both talent and office, and Punk was getting more for just being talent.

• Like 4

Roddy Piper vs. Bret Hart for Piper's WWF Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania VIII. Great match. That "What the hell, use the bell?!" line by Bobby Heenan. Iconic finish. Bret Hart getting away with blading making it look hardway.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Roddy Piper vs. Bret Hart for Piper's WWF Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania VIII. Great match. That "What the hell, use the bell?!" line by Bobby Heenan. Iconic finish. Bret Hart getting away with blading making it look hardway.

Steve Austin fucked up by not scouting this match before they wrestled at Survivor Series five years later. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Always cool to see the curtain drawn back a bit:

Interesting, especially the "are you ok" and apologies for stiff shots/botches.

I noted how obvious many calls and countdowns were in the limited Wrestlemania matches I watched on Sunday.

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Interesting, especially the "are you ok" and apologies for stiff shots/botches.

I noted how obvious many calls and countdowns were in the limited Wrestlemania matches I watched on Sunday.

I liked how in the Adam Cole/Jake Atlas match a few months back after Atlas blew out his knee Cole immediately put him in the world's gentlest leglock and yelled "tap out" at him so he'd realize it was the quick finish. Wholesome audible spot calling.

• Like 5