DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania Dynamite - 3/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

Toni has the potential to be such a star. It's crazy that her "gimmick" was that she loved 80s music and her mom was a hippie or some wack ass horseshit like that. 

Her origin story's something like: "someone told me I was SO punk rock. But I had never heard of any of the groups patched all over Ruby Riott. So I just went back to being a loner and kicking ass. *wink*" 

That's how I believe it happened anyways...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember Tony K saying he didn't want to repeat the mistakes of WCW. I guess he means his young talent gets elevated. Pretty much every young gun is attached to a veteran in some way that helps them.

More Daddy Magic please, no more Adam Cole please.

Hangman drives an electric car, livin that millennial gimmick baby!

thought the Bunny/Storm match was kinda clunky at points but Toni seems to have gotten herself in great shape in her time off

Id be perfectly fine with Cole doing his thing if it was in the midcard & not the main event.

Hopefully he gets this out of his system, goes through the Elite: Civil War with Omega and then cools his jets.

The rumoured trios title would serve them well however, I'd love a women's tag title first.

Bunny needs some gold!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Not sure if serious…..?!?

I'm serious. Cody was one of their marquee names and they built a ton of the AEW Universe around him. Not to mention, much was left unresolved with him leaving.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm serious. Cody was one of their marquee names and they built a ton of the AEW Universe around him. Not to mention, much was left unresolved with him leaving.

I suspect you'd have gotten less of a confused reaction had you posted this in the AEW March 2022 thread. The observation seems unrelated specifically to last night's Dynamite or to anything that was being discussed here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I think Darby has been a Top Five guy in the company for his entire run and I don't know who is possibly doubting it any more.

For my money, Darby is has the highest quality average output of anybody on the roster, including Omega and Danielson. I've never seen a bad Darby match and I've been watching him for years. I've seen bad Omega and Danielson matches.

Edit: The Keith Lee debut squash on Kassidy is how you debut a major player. Let them shine, accentuate their strengths, get the fuck out leaving fans wanting more and soon.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

I suspect you'd have gotten less of a confused reaction had you posted this in the AEW March 2022 thread. The observation seems unrelated specifically to last night's Dynamite or to anything that was being discussed here.

Cody is good for Dynamite. He drives up numbers. He's a draw. Even in his US Agent dumpster fire segments. Fans eat it up.

• Sad 1

I realize that most of the things I ultimately get excited for are FTR related, but I'm really looking forward to Wardlow/FTR six mans later this year. Wardlow/FTR vs The House of Black sounds awesome. Wardlow/FTR vs Andrade/Butcher/Blade. Wardlow/FTR vs Garcia/2.0.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah, I liked the callback from last year when MJF opened the bathroom door in the Inner Circle dressing room and they were all in there waiting to kick Pinnacle ass. This time Hager’s doing the reveal. I love little things like that.

• Like 6

Oh yeah, enjoyed this shit. I've been a bit on the outs with ProWres as MMA has been scratching my itch, but in the absence of a big card this week I dipped back in and what do you know, it was fun as shit (sans Cole doing the stolen belt crap). I don't trust Coach Tony K to two-hat ROH but give the devil his due, he's giving an old college try. Happy to see Toni get some flowers, but don't necessarily see a long term spot at the tippy-top for her. But, as an adoptive Aussie who's visited Surfer's Paradise multiple times, was certainly cool to hear 'from Gold Coast, Australia~!!!'

• Like 4

If anything, the quality of Dynamite has been just as good if not better with Cody gone. I think it goes to show just how little his segments were adding to the show on a weekly basis. And their numbers are just as strong. 

• Like 3