DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania Dynamite - 3/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Caster-Punk was one of the best 6 minute TV matches I’ve seen and Punk really gave Max the rub. I’m telling y’all...EVERYBODY loves The Acclaimed!

Not much else to add that hasn’t been said better by others, except:

that I originally thought Yuta as one of their targets was a joke and hoooo boy was I wrong.

The thing with Adam Cole is two-fold with me, take away his entrance and he’s a JAG, and he lost clean and fair and square and that should end the feud.

Bunny may not have gotten the pin but she won that match.

Darby isn’t going to be able to walk when he’s 40, and it might be even younger if he ever has to take a Jeff Hardy Swanton Splat.

Rampage is going to be amazing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FPJN5YWWYAcbrNL?format=jpg&name=large

Already looking forward to big meaty men slapping meat.

There was some speculation that they might punt opposite the ROH PPV.  Certainly doesn't seem the case... 

Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Qualifier: Jamie Hayter v Skye Blue
Young Bucks v Top Flight
House of Black v Fuego/Uno/Stu Grayson
Powerhouse Hobbs v Keith Lee

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Garcia's hat and Daddy Magic's silver suit were awesome, but Jericho using the phrase "Revolutionary force in sports entertainment" was another great highlight of that segment

Let us also acknowledge Cool Hand Ange and his matching suspenders/belt combo.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Garcia's hat and Daddy Magic's silver suit were awesome, but Jericho using the phrase "Revolutionary force in sports entertainment" was another great highlight of that segment

For THREE weeks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Daddy Magic is the best thing going in AEW. I want him with the gold.

FTR has been annoying to me for awhile... there came a point where I stopped carrying how good they are. Their "we love wrestling / we are here for our legacy" bit is soft and boring for my tastes. 

One forgets how Dragon can be totally that gross amateur wrestler who shoves his thumb up your butt... but he's totally that dude. 

I want to see Lethal in the TNT Title scene. He has the sentimental backing of the audience.

Toni has leaned up since I last saw her. Her, Jericho, and Mox all must be on the same regimen. I'm 100% all in on Toni Storm- I think she's the business... though I wish it wasn't The Bunny being sacrificed. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Actually, maybe Allin is more like ECW 1995 Cactus Jack in that way.

That was exactly what I said out loud to nobody watching that match. Whoever said it was gonna be a MOTY was right, the whole show crushed (even the talking ended up with great brawls) but that was great. I thought they weren't gonna stick the landing with the run-ins but Hardys in SC had to happen. 

There were a lot of piledrivers in this show but they were all awesome. Of course the 1b match was Danielson/Yuta because it was super tech until it had to be super violent. Ass Boys are great and even Daddy got in on the moment with a sick elbow (which even after watching five times in a row, I couldn't quite tell if he was slapping his arm). Never seen Toni Storm before but Bunny seriously got her over. The fan losing his mind for her who also lost his mind for Hardyzzzz was pretty great. 

You know this was a great show when the Eddie Kingston part was almost last in line on the list of what was best. 

EDIT: Christ, how many times did I have to write "great" in that review? This is why I'm overloading my DVR with all of AEW's programming. Schneider needs to make a fresh comp of all the shit they put out. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Also: Hangman supporting a shitty company and shitty person in Tesla and Elon Musk is not cool. LET'S GO PUNK.

Just imagine the coverage if Hangman Page goes on a SpaceX flight. "World Champion flies into space!"

Which AEW figure, other than Alex Abramantes, would be the best fit for a thinly veiled Elon Musk parody gimmick?

• Haha 2

Jesus, what an episode!

So, you have a Punk match, a Moxley match, a Danielson match, an FTR match and Darby match. Appearances by MJF, Wardlow, Regal, Sting, Rosa and The Hardys. Toni Storm debut. I thought it was get Mia Yim and like it, but no. That was big!

MJF praising FTR now, when his shit is about to collapse, man fuck you! Of course NOW, they are family. Didn't see you helping when Billy Gunn interfered on behaf of his family, dickhead!  But hey, for ONCE the security does its job. Don't look for that to happen twice in a row. MJF is dead meat!

Andrade getting a big win was needed. Undisputed Elite getting their shit stomped in was needed, too! But I'll tell ya, Cole has The Buckshot scouted something fierce! It will take a lot for Page to get a clean shot at it!

Was there some other platform I used to get my wrestling from? I mean there must have been, but it seems so long ago, I tend to forget! Well, this will definitely do, at this point.

Max Caster's rap was topical and on point, as usual.

• Like 9

I def noticed the Kingston dap in real time.  lots of kids in the house, getting lots of daps all night, love to see it!!!

Man what a show.  Lethal and Mox made me so F'n happy for some odd reason.  It wasn't a match I knew I wanted, I had no idea if it had ever happened, but it was the kind of "ok, this is totally out of nowhere and dope as fuck" match that only AEW can deliver right now.  I loved every second of it, huge smile on my face

When Andrade came out I was like "dude has been studying the Mil Mascaras school of bodybuilding" and was glad the announcers kind of pointed out how much bigger he looked, but damn, they missed pointing out the incredible history of luchadores with magazine pose worthy upper halfs.  At least Andrade doesn't ignore the legs, those trees were yoked as fuck too

speaking of yoked, looked like Y2J's gas expired ?

I've been a Yuta fan since I saw whatever indy match I first saw him in and he kind of reminded me of a very green Alex Shelley in some ways, and I was a huge Shelley fan back in the day.  He's still a bit rough around the edges, not super smooth at times, but I was impressed by a lot of his performance here and holy shit the crowds are really into this push so far!!!  My biggest problem is he smiles a bit too much and seems like he can't help it, nothing a few chops can't solve

I really dug his escape from the CM and slipping right into the UFC elbows (or is it USB?)

bald ref blew what would have been the slickest near fall near the end by Yuta and you could tell Bryan was pissed and he immediately chewed him out.  oh well.  he looked really pissed after too.  That loogie was something

I didn't mean to type that much and I'm half drunk/high!  AEW RULES!

Edited by ExcellenceofAirPollution
removed obnoxious emojis. wtf am I a teenager?
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Just imagine the coverage if Hangman Page goes on a SpaceX flight. "World Champion flies into space!"

Which AEW figure, other than Alex Abramantes, would be the best fit for a thinly veiled Elon Musk parody gimmick?

Danhausen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

it probably would have been a little too much of a hotshot since they have plans for the Mox/Bryan team but there was a case for Yuta beating Danielson as a lead-in for his ROH Pure title match

No, there really really really wasn't.  I and most people don't really give a flying fuck about ROH or Josh Woods.  Yuta has been presented as a young geek up until a few weeks ago.  He lost every match and took a beating in the process, and was constantly sonned by Trent in promo segments.  This match got Yuta over and it made him much stronger going into that ROH match that I didn't care at all about and now think he should win

Same thing with FTR.  Yes, you could have had the Ass Boys beat them to further their storyline breakup with MJF, but it would have been really stupid to sacrifice them to that storyline I don't give a fuck about really when they are going into a dream match with The Briscoes and the real storyline is that they're trying to re-establish themselves as the best tag team on the planet.  I personally think they should beat the Briscoes.  First match, it's only right.  Then they should beat The Bucks.  Then they should win the AEW titles, etc. etc. etc.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Phil4126 said:

Hats off to FTR for the Hall inspired vests. These dudes kill it without fail in their legends inspired gear

Hart Foundation, Midnight Express and nWo off the top of my head. #FTR pay tribute to the past in the present day. Love TAFKA The Revival, #FTR. Best tag team in the world since 2016. Top guys out!

• Like 1

In the chat, we were talking about how Billy Gunn's punches were good, and they seemed more impactful once he stopped doing 80s stomp punches and went to 2000s slap punches. And right after that, Dax tagged in and went buckwild with 80s stomp punches. It was great.

• Like 2