DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania Dynamite - 3/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

12 minutes ago, just drew said:

Mox/Lethal was good ass hell.

6 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Oh yeah. Adam Cole is poo.

This page of the thread is brought to you by Taco Bell.

EDIT: Gah, it went to the next page! Ah, fuck it I'll keep the dumb joke in anyway. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, just drew said:

Stuff I didn't like:

Holy shit is Adam Cole just a guy. I don't understand his appeal at all, and there is zero reason for him to be in the spot he's in when guys like Miro and Andrade are on the roster. The seemingly relentless desire of TK to shove guys who were the face of an inferior brand to the top of his show is baffling. At least Fish and O'Reilly know how to work to their size. Cole thinks he's a killer, badass heel. I guess no one has the stomach to tell such a nice guy offscreen that he woefully misunderstands how he comes across as an eighth grader playing wrestler any time his theme song isn't on.

6 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Oh yeah. Adam Cole is poo. What does this dude bring to the show and why is he in the world title feud. Easy bottom five AEW dude.

Adam Cole has never done anything for me either. Hated the trilogy with Johnny Gargano and the match with Ciampa in NXT.

• Like 1

Nonstop action all the way through this episode and we got 4 different piledrivers throughout! Crowd was on fire all night.

Punk/Caster a solid opener. Mox/Lethal exceeded expectations and was so great I was starting to buy the near falls. Awesome finishing sequence to FTR/Gunn Club, very fun match. Crowd super hot for FTR, love it. 

Bryan/Yuta was excellent. Crowd getting so behind Yuta was the best, the final spit was a great bit of defiance before the inevitable finish. 

Nice to see Toni Storm become All Elite, even though I wish the Bunny got more ever since the NYE street fight.  Andrade/Darby ruled, solid victory from Andrade and more wild chaos to end the show. Greatness.

And as usual, tons more to look forward to with Hobbs/Lee on Rampage, plus Jade/Shafir should be intriguing. Keep it coming AEW! 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

I'm not trying to be controversial but in my opinion that was a pretty darned good two hours of professional wrestling.

I honestly think Bryan vs Wheeler was list-worthy and the main event was darned close.

CM Punk going for the belt will be hawt!

Loved Moxley's new hoodie!

MJF trying to turn FTR against Stone Cold Steve Wardlow was legit funny.

The Marina Shafir video package made me so happy. I love watching wrestlers work their way up from the YouTube shows!

I couldn't tell if Punk was selling his knee or legit hurt. Loved the dramatic handshake.

The Young Butts are really very good now. ? ☺Tag team pro wrestling!

Future endeavoured ?

And now we know for sure: Sports Entertainment > Pro Wrestling. I can admit when I was wrong.

Man with the mask ?

In all of the awesome that was Bryan vs Wheeler, Young Wheeler's bridge really stood out for me. That was a good bridge!

Wheeler Yuta is a made man now.

To be honest, it is 87% about the boom, at most.

The party supplies being two balloons is rock solid foreshadowing that Kazuchika Okada is All Elite. Hopefully he brings his nikuniku burgers to America.

I cannot possibly be the only one who made a JBL joke during Hangman's entrance.

I kind of thought Marko Stunt might have done a Swoggle-style run-in from the party supplies box during the beat-down.

As long as we are bringing in NXT UK ladies who had stand-out Mae Young Classic performances and won belts in Stardom...

Reveal hidden contents

Meiko too, please!

Loved the genuine show of emotion from Storm.

Young Bucks vs FTR 2! Young Bucks vs Top Flight! 

Darby is like if Kikuchi had a son with Mick Foley! I cursed out loud four times before the bell rung. I was swearing so much, I started saying Fiddle dee dee" and "I'm going to kick this doghouse down" to take the piss out of myself. 

A couple of my friends were there live. I envy them. What a show! So much wrestling!

All Time Simpsons moment that. Agreed with the rest of your post as well.

• Thanks 1

I like Adam Cole a lot more than @just drewand @For Great Justicebut agree with you @Zimbrahat this program could have ended at Revolution. Hangman should probably be on to Miro or Punk by now, but I guess ultimately I understand the idea of saving those for a later PPV. There aren't so many rematches that I can't forgive it, but it does seem unnecessary. Plus, you could always revisit Cole/Hangman once Kenny is ready to return to make things more interesting

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I'm happy to see Toni Storm. I really think the Bunny has turned it up the last few months.

Nothing's fine, I'm torn. ?

Very enjoyable Dynamite tonight. Bryan/Yuta, Darby/Andrade and Mox/Lethal were all excellent. Punk/Caster was a solid opener and I'm quite excited to see what Punk can do with Hangman in a PPV setting. The Wardlow angle was a lot of fun. The only outright bad things on the show were Storm/Allie and the Cole promo.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Hot take? But Bunny totally outclassed Storm in that one IMO.

‘Boy howdy this show slapped. I don’t even know where to start.

My first time seeing her and (admitting my full bias for Bunny) I totally agree. Crowd seemed behind Bunny as well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Oh yeah Austin Gunn is on fucking fire as the love child of Brian Christopher and Buff Bagwell. It’s so, so good. 

Oh shit, that is SPOT on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Darby almost slid on his back, away from the corner, on a back-bump, from getting thrown upside-down, into said corner. Look on his face was like he didn't know he could bounce like so...

Also, that back-flipping crucifix (facebuster?) was the greatest pancake I've ever seen. I feel like I was seeing way too many pancakes 20 years ago and that back-flipping flapjack made it all worth it. I don't know if he was supposed to land on his head and neck, but I still feel like I did see him land on his head and neck, because I can't imagine him saying, Okay, I'll try to land on my face...I mean, wtf?

Btw, Toni Storm is my new girlfriend and I decided I'm gonna share her. I think you will all be very happy with her. Thanks Toni and thanks to all of you as well. If it doesn't work out, I'm still happy i got to donate her OF-proceedings right back to her. This feels right. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Nonstop action all the way through this episode and we got 4 different piledrivers throughout! Crowd was on fire all night.

I caught Punk, Danielson and Storm, who was the fourth?