DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 3/29/2021

Dolfan in NYC

It's the final NXT before Stand & Deliver

Funeral services for Ms. Stratton will be held on Wednesday at the WWE PC.  Send donations to Diamond Mine in lieu of flowers. 

• Like 1

"LA Knight" (Come on, that's fucking Eli Drake) and MSK versus Imperium was good.  Not enough GUNTHER beating the fuck out of people, but it was good.  Ivy Nile is teeny.  Tiffany Stratton is really good for someone who is having her EIGHTH match.  Ivy Nile looks good for someone who is having her 16th match.  Sarray has had 632 matches.  Let's get these kids together.  The bro country guys who are accompanied by Fallon Henley looked fine against Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde.  Mendoza and Wilde were heels but wrestled it like faces.  It was perfectly fine.  Wagner and Heyward I don't remember ever seeing before.  That was some WWE wrestling they did.  So it was fine.  I await their IMPACT! debuts in two years.   (Yeah, that was hateful.)  Joe Gacy and Draco Anthony was good.  Everything on this show is good.  Nothing is great.  It's like 70s WWWF where they didn't want too much heat in matches because they were afraid of riots.  Oh man,  reading cagematch.net, I didn;t realize that Nikkita Lyons was a WOW alumni.  She was trained by Selena Majors.  That's awesome.  Oh geez, a fucking triple threat match.  So stupid.  Roderick Strong laid it in, at least. That was a lot of goofy spots.  I blame Shane Douglas, Terry Funk and Sabu.  (I AM PEE PAW!)

• Like 4

Knight/MSK vs. Imperium was good stuff though I agree that there wasn't nearly enough GUNTHER beating people down.

Ivy/Stratton was decent. Both continue to improve at a decent pace though I'm still more interested in seeing what vets can bring out of them opposed to wrestling each other.

Briggs/Jensen vs. Legado was nice. Mendoza and Wilde pulled some super neat spots. It saddens me they have held tag gold yet.

Lyons/? was a decent showcase for Lyons.

Bodhi/Wagner was perfectly solid.

Triple threat seemed decent enough.

Thought most of the promos and segments building to Stand and Deliver were solid-good. 

• Like 1