DVDVR Message Board

MOON KNIGHT (SPOILER TALK)

FQNUn8_XEAEF1VR?format=jpg&name=large

FQNVoPzWYAgH7fe?format=jpg&name=medium

Ep3: 3/3 for episodes I've enjoyed. Marc/Steven/Layla have to go different routes to find Arthur Harrow as he has the scarab where Ammit is. My favourite sequence was the trial of the Gods through their avatars. Khonshu pissed them off twice so is encased in stone. Gaspard Ulliel appears, he sadly died this year in a skiing accident, he was only 37. It's a violent episode for body counts and methods, impaled. Be aware, posters here with young kids.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

A whole lot of effort wasted to find a dig site in the desert. Not like the dig site's being hidden and cloaked by an infinity stone and guarded by the Black Order. It's not like Harrow and his people were keeping a low profile. They had thugs all over place. Put a tracking device on them and follow them. That's what Batman would do.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm out. I was about to quit about halfway through the episode, when the show once again went with a mood breaking attempt(and failure) at humor, but at least finished the episode. I'll give it another shot maybe after it's done but at this point I can't imagine the back half being different enough to change my mind. It's not even about the (questionable) direction they went with the character and the plot, I just don't find this an enjoyable show to watch. It's just boring and stiff and you would think it could at least fall back on action choreography and even that hasn't been great. I'm glad some people are enjoying it but it just hasn't been for me.

• Thanks 1

I pretended to my wife that I knew what was happening at the end of episode 3 so I wouldn’t have to admit I’d fallen asleep. I think I said, “wow, that’s crazy” after she made an ooooh sound that woke me up. I was going to go back and watch the last few minutes, but still haven’t, still happy.

• Haha 2

Hawke being allowed some creative freedom over Harrow was one of the show’s best decisions for sure.  The adage that the villain is the hero of their own story has never applied more. He radiates poise and dignity, and he always appears absolutely convinced he’s doing the right thing. 

Pretty much everything else…not great. 

• Like 2

Ok, I can see two major problems with the show.

1. It doesn't know what it is or what it's supposed to be. It's a psychological horror/thriller with Khonshu stalking Stephen down a hallway or him losing time and waking to violence, etc. It's an archeological pulp adventure like Indiana Jones with exotic locales. It's a weird buddy action romp where the gimmick is that the two personalities are the buddies. Any one of these could work, but it jumps from one to the next disjointedly and jarringly. Maybe, maybe it could have even work if they got the pacing right but...

2. I can't imagine a single person here will argue that there wasn't a pacing issue with episode 3. I get the point of it. They wanted us to have an episode with Marc in control so we could get a sense of him, but they should have probably given us that halfway through episode 2 and then started episode 3 with the council of Avatars and be deeper into the buddy action romp now?

• Like 6

I know YMMV on Temple of Doom, but that is an Indiana Jones movie and a horror movie, so it’s not unprecedented. 

They needed a better take on Steven than annoying dork who interrupts the cool guy from doing cool guy stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, (BP) said:

They needed a better take on Steven than annoying dork who interrupts the cool guy from doing cool guy stuff. 

Yeeeeesssssss. Exactly this. THAT is actually what bothers me the most.

Steven is an annoying wiener that I practically can’t stand.

• Like 1