DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/23/22

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I wasn't feeling much of anything tonight. I don't know.

I did like the following:
- Kris Statlander being ticked off and laying it in on Leyla Hirsch
- Hangman Page when he took off his belt and started taking it to people for like seven seconds
- William Regal greeting Excalibur as "man in the mask"

The rest I either felt nothing about or felt kind of meh. I could just be in a sour mood. I don't know.

EDIT TO ADD: I really hope Butcher and Blade weren't hurt when Jeff Hardy landed directly on their legs with that swanton. That felt very yikes.

Edited by Stefanie the Human

That opening match had a lot of Hart. It was a hit, man.

Darby getting thrown down stairs and Darby marking out for Jeff will hopefully never grow old. Jeff almost missed the Marq on that ladder spot!

FTR vs The Young Butts will be great.

Regal on commentary and the Smells Like Teen Spirit cheerleader moping on the outside were real treats, and the actual wrestling (per se) was top notch... but who the F@#K is Griff Garrison?

Blackpool Combat Club ???

Anyone watching a TSN feed (or actual TSN) think Sophie Chan is actually a bad mother for lying to her kids like that?

Wardlow!!!

I like that commentary mentioned Bay Bay and Lethal's ROH background.

Why doesn't Adam Cole own a vacuum?

Spoiler

Because he's all about the BROOM!

When Adam Cole was a kid, what was his favourite TV show?

Spoiler

He was all about the ZOOM!

What is Adam Cole's favourite very bad movie?

Spoiler

You know he's all about The Room!

What is Adam Cole's favourite first-person shooter game?

Spoiler

No. He actually prefers Goldeneye.

Dustin vs Archer re-match ???

I think it would be awkward to have sex while wearing title belts. Anyone here have any experience with that? Dan Lambert is my Bobby Heenan.

Sammy and Tay are young, attractive, and obviously in love. They gonna have to turn them heel, I guess ?

I love the whole Hirsch/Velvet/Buttlander non-title women's division ongoing feud. 

Andrade vs Darby will be ill.

I marked out for Silver's "Come on baby!" spot and his hawt tag.

That's entertainment!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 11
  • Haha 3

I like Lambert’s Quest to get rid of the Rhodes in AEW more than I do this Sammy stuff.

Julia Hart’s storyline is moving at a glacier pace, but I’m here for it.

Lastly, it’s fucking wild that CM Punk opens the show, the next match features fucking Sting and the Hardy Boys, and later we get Danielson, Moxley and Regal. And none of this is on a WWE affiliated show. It still blows my mind.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Hirsch/Velvet finish kinda made the ref look like a total idiot.

To be fai-uh, the refs in AEW are total idiots.

Blackpool Combat Club is a sick as hell name.  Just sick as hell.

Trent/Yuta is gonna be awesome whenever it happens.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Why doesn't Adam Cole own a vacuum?

Hide contents

Because he's all about the BROOM!

When Adam Cole was a kid, what was his favourite TV show?

Hide contents

He was all about the ZOOM!

What is Adam Cole's favourite very bad movie?

Hide contents

You know he's all about The Room!

What is Adam Cole's favourite first-person shooter game?

Hide contents

No. He actually prefers Goldeneye.

JEZUZ CHRIST, GORDLOW!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

To be fai-uh, the refs in AEW are total idiots.

I believe "hey, one of the contestants is unconscious after I turned my back" is part of the universal ref training

But it is kinda amusing that someone with the Legit nickname has moved slightly from "I beat people with MMA" to "I beat people with MMA and also I use a foreign object"

Overall it's probably for the best to have the heels not always go over clean

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Casey said:

I like Lambert’s Quest to get rid of the Rhodes in AEW more than I do this Sammy stuff.

Julia Hart’s storyline is moving at a glacier pace, but I’m here for it.

I like the quest to eliminate the Rhodes from AEW, but that's more because of Lance Archer than Dan Lambert. 

I can't wait for Julia's turn. I thought it was going to happen tonight. Imagine if Regal acknowledged Julia, the lights go out, and the House of Black appear. Moxley & Danielson vs. The House of Black? Inject that shit right into my veins!

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Found this unnecessary. Paige foremost doesn't need reminding, fans also.

That line was unnecessary and gross, but if you're going to have them act like this, wouldn't it work better if they were heels? Sammy still has a slappable face, and you want to slap him even more if he's constantly reminding you that he's fucking the smoking hot girl and you're not?

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

All the stuff I can remember from this show:

CM Punk vs Bald Revival Guy (who I just remembered is Dax) was pretty good. Hopefully FTR vs Gunn Club/Ass Boys can actually get FTR over on somebody else instead of being enhancement

Nice of Matt Hardy to distract Private Party so that Sting/Hardy/Darby could go 3-2 on Butcher/Blade. Nice of those boxes to be under that table. Sting did a pretty good job covering for some of the finish. Sting is making the most of time with his son Darby so that Jeff Hardy doesn't adopt Darby

Pillmanito is around to be fed to the Moxley/Danielson (or BCC). They forgot to turn Julia Hart heel and now she's in purgatory with an eyepatch and an enhancement team.

Local Indy Worker security actually helped hold off a Wardlow run-in.

Adam Cole is still feuding with Adam Page. Jay Lethal made it on the show.

The Hirsch/Velvet finish kinda made the ref look like a total idiot.

Please, nobody tell people outside of our bubble about the Rosa/Nyla feud (at least not right now) considering things going on involving a specific NCAA event and culture war bullshit.

Matt Menard is doing a bit of a Teddy Hart tribute these days, isn't he? if he starts carrying a cat around, it'll be a little too much. At long as Daddy Magic doesn't (allegedly) murder anybody.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this about?

3 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this about?

lemme see how I can best factually describe this in a spoiler without sucking this thread directly into a black hole.

Spoiler

Last week Lia Thomas won a Division 1 national title in swimming, which intensified the whole RW focus on mentioning that she's a transgendered swimmer (who swam in college before transitioning too) that is now winning events and that's inspiring some people who want to ban transgendered people from competing in high school sports.

So, within a week of that, Nyla, who's also transgendered, is now in a feud with the AEW womens champion Thunder Rosa. I'm sure the timing is coincidental, although some might not give much slack here

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

lemme see how I can best factually describe this in a spoiler without sucking this thread directly into a black hole.

Hide contents

Appreciate the information, and you're right. Let's just leave it there so we don't drag things into a black hole

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Hide contents

Last week Lia Thomas won a Division 1 national title in swimming, which intensified the whole RW focus on mentioning that she's a transgendered swimmer (who swam in college before transitioning too) that is now winning events and that's inspiring some people who want to ban transgendered people from competing in high school sports.

So, within a week of that, Nyla, who's also transgendered, is now in a feud with the AEW womens champion Thunder Rosa. I'm sure the timing is coincidental, although some might not give much slack here

Spoiler

There have actually been an awful lot of bills trying to erase trans folks from society over the last several years, it's just never been this intensely noticed by the rest of y'all.

(And thank you for noticing btw. Because we're very tired of being treated as subhuman.)

Also, when Nyla won the belt back in 2020, transphobes lost their shit, so I'm sure this will make them just as angry.

Nyla makes a lot of sense as a first challenger. I think she’s undefeated in 2022, is instantly credible, and just won her second “best tweets” award (I joke but she did). I still think there’s a great babyface run there and she could really help make Jade even more at some point but best to get the mileage out of her as a heel first. 

• Like 3