DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/23/22

Just now, HarryArchieGus said:

I'm also going to try and will an appearance by 'Daddy Magic' Matt Minard and 'Cool Hand Ang' Angelo Parker.  I think this one may just work.

I just realized that if these name changes are indeed a dig at the Bland NXT Generator, then they BETTER be expecting to eventually drop the nicknames and first names in true WWE style until it's MINARD and ANGELO.

• Like 2

Death to the Varsity Blonds tonight.  They really oughtta rebroadcast their promo from Dark last night so everyone can feel that much more enjoyment seeing these youngster's heads being kicked solidly into the mat.    

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

I think I was trying to escape this episode for some reason as there's just a lot going on around here but even what was announced appealed. I want to see how Jericho and Garcia work together and Reynolds and Silver are game opponents. I want to see Andrade in there with Sting. Velvet has good chemistry with Hirsch. Now we've got the Miserable Violence Collective vs the Blonds (and Griff should be the guy to watch in that one, if AEW knows what they're doing) and Punk vs Dax, just for the hell of it? I bet Lethal and Cole ends up kind of dumb but otherwise, it's full of stuff i want to see. Ah well. I'll figure it out.

• Like 5

I turned it off after the Tay/Sammy garbage.  I usually don't complain about sexualization, but that was Russo-esque garbage and is wrecking Tay's character.

This might be the worst segment AEW ever had that didn't involve head trauama.

I liked a lot of the show up to that point.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 2

All the stuff I can remember from this show:

CM Punk vs Bald Revival Guy (who I just remembered is Dax) was pretty good. Hopefully FTR vs Gunn Club/Ass Boys can actually get FTR over on somebody else instead of being enhancement

Nice of Matt Hardy to distract Private Party so that Sting/Hardy/Darby could go 3-2 on Butcher/Blade. Nice of those boxes to be under that table. Sting did a pretty good job covering for some of the finish. Sting is making the most of time with his son Darby so that Jeff Hardy doesn't adopt Darby

Pillmanito is around to be fed to the Moxley/Danielson (or BCC). They forgot to turn Julia Hart heel and now she's in purgatory with an eyepatch and an enhancement team.

Local Indy Worker security actually helped hold off a Wardlow run-in.

Adam Cole is still feuding with Adam Page. Jay Lethal made it on the show.

The Hirsch/Velvet finish kinda made the ref look like a total idiot.

Please, nobody tell people outside of our bubble about the Rosa/Nyla feud (at least not right now) considering things going on involving a specific NCAA event and culture war bullshit.

Matt Menard is doing a bit of a Teddy Hart tribute these days, isn't he? if he starts carrying a cat around, it'll be a little too much. At long as Daddy Magic doesn't (allegedly) murder anybody.

2 minutes ago, alstein said:

I turned it off after the Tay/Sammy garbage.  I usually don't complain about sexualization, but that was Russo-esque garbage and is wrecking Tay's character.

This might be the worst segment AEW ever had that didn't involve head trauama.

Wedding.

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Callback to Ultimate Dragon vs. Rey Misterio Jr, WCW World War 3 1996.

Miz was doing it a bunch a few years ago.

• Like 1

Holy shit, CM Punk/Dax Harwood was fucking awesome.  Fucking awesome.  That eight man Texas tornado match was fucking great too.  Oh yeah, I for got that Jeff Hardy is fucking crazy.  I loved the way it started out especially with the Butcher and Darby pairing up.  Sting was fucking awesome.  AWESOME.  FTR is going to beat the like out of the Ass Boys?  SIGN ME UP!  Jesus, what a murderer's row of wrestlers.  The COOL DOWN match has fucking Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley in it.  What an assbeating.  BLACKPOOL COMBAT CLUB!  MJF was fun.  Awesome, Wheeler Yuta vs Trent!  Man, this crowd is white hot.  Man, Jay Lethal is so good.  Adam Cole is so good.  The fact that this was the THIRD best match on the show is fucking amazing.  Red Velvet/Leyla Hirsch was good.  Red Velvet should bust out her Orihara Moonsault again.  Hey!  There is a Kris Statlander sighting.  Thunder Rosa is somehow OVER in TEXAS!  Maaan, Daniel Garcia has the intensity of a Canadian Who Will Not Be Named.    Jon Silver is awesome.  I AM SPENT.  AEW RULES.  

• Like 12

I got in from work in time to see Jon Moxley walk into a crowd that was JUICED. That response had to be deafening. The match after was just as good and Blackpool/Cinci/Aberdeen can just run roughshod over everyone as long as possible, please. And also let Red Velvet and Hirsch have a best of seven after this. 

• Like 5

Just now, eikerir said:

That was a scary spot with Butcher holding Darby in a powerbomb position near the steps and then just dropping him. Darby you so crazy.

Darby Allin's insane:

Ditto Brother Nero doing this already also:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, MrKothoga said:

I really like heel Sammy but face Sammy is insufferable.

Yeah, Sammy Guevara is really unlikable as face. More tolerable as a heel. Not a fan of his.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1