DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/21 - 3/27/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Seth Rollins' path to WrestleMania is a nightmare!

You could say his hopes were dashed!

One can only imagine what being off this show will mean for his legacy!

So many hopes of being a star... all turned to dust!  

Tune in this week to see what American dreams may come!  

Dolph Ziggler/Robert Roode vs the Misterios was good but the Seth Rollins interruption was Vince Russo-esque.  This is a difference between WWE and AEW.  AEW would just spring Cody on the world and revel in the surprise.  WWE sets it up with stuff like this.  Omos match was all about Azeez being very large and Omos bodyslamming him.  I love that shit.  Apollo Crews bumped like a freak.  Oh man, Shayna Bazzler and Rhea Ripley in the ring together is magic.  Hey!  Natalya and Liv Morgan are magic!  Shayna and Liv are magic.  Liv Morgan is a fun Face In Peril. That was short and clean.  Weird.   Then everybody puts Zelina and Carmella over.  They should have eaten up some innings (TM Phil Schneider) with this match thus it should have gone ten more minutes.  I guess they are going to try to talk everybody into the building for WrestleMania so this isn't a wrestling RAW.  I will persevere and fast forward through the endless yakking.  Finn Balor and Austin Theory have a little match and it's good.   I haven't paid much attention to Theory before.  He's good.  This match was pretty short too.  Matt Riddle and Randy Orton and the Alpha Academy was good.  Matt Riddle is the best wrestler in the WWE?  Sure.  This was kinda short.  Postmatch. the Street Prophets seems to have crushed Chad Gable's skull.  They could have taken the time from the Dana Brooks match and added it to the women's tag match.  But I guess there is a budding romance so we'll always have that.  AJ Styles and Seth Rollins wrestle as everyone awaits Cody's debut.   Seth Rollins bumps like a KING early.  This match was really good.  I notice there are fifteen camera angles during an AJ Styles flurry and that is annoying.  Seth Rollins was really good in this, showing real desperation and intensity.  AJ Styles is all slick and shit,  AND IT'S.... Edge?  There are two minutes left.... is there time for.... CODY?  Well, there are Cody chants.  Annnd no Cody.   They Russoed the whole episode to set-up Seth Rollins and this is your pay-off?  Oooo, you are naughty, WWE.

• Like 2

Why did Edge wait 20 minutes to attack AJ so he wins by DQ to make sure their match at Mania happens? Why not do it a minute in so as not to risk Seth winning?

• Like 3

I skipped around a lot. It wasn't even bad per say, just a lot of stuff I don't really care about when it comes to Raw, especially at 3 hours.

The Owens segment was a bit long but fun.

Women's tag was nice though on the short side. Was ok with the post match stuff between Carmella & Zelina. Still its kind of sad they are probably the worst team in this match considering how randomly the others came together with only Sasha/Naomi having history.

The stuff setting up Seth/AJ was ok I guess. I skipped the match since I don't really like Seth outside of tag wrestling. Curious why they are waiting for Cody. With how close Wresltemania is, it seems like an odd choice to wait for the last minute. Feels even weirder since they were finally in a city with an audience hoping for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

This thing with Seth is getting so dumb. I hope Cody does show up next week because at this point I am losing interest in caring about this alleged match by the minute.

Makes zero sense. All this build up to have his “wrestlemania moment” only to lose to Cody is stupid. Don’t get me started on “the right to face Edge” when he wrestled him at  2 of the companies biggest PPVs last year. 

Wasn't Seth's "Mania Moment" tm when he cashed in on Lesnar/Roman?

Edge had his when he speared Foley through a flaming table.

This is why booking for 'moments' is dumb. Because now the motivation is to create a 'moment' rather than win a title or get paid.

If Seth wants to get under Edge's skin then he should follow Becky around and declare that, when she beats Bianca, they are gonna have "WrestleMania Moment" tm right there in the ring!

wink wink nudge nudge

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Have Rollins and AJ Styles ever had an important match?  You'd think they would've, but I can't remember one for the life of me.  If they hadn't, giving it away like they did is just another WTF

They had a PPV match during one of Seth's title runs a few years ago. 

Spoiler

tumblr_prtnbkc1sU1s05wxzo1_400.gifv

Anyway, I want to hear insane rambling about how Vince thinks "Petey" is a weak name.

Roderick Strong/Solo Sikoa was good.  Roderick Strong is good.  He lays it in.  Why do I think that Rikishi's youngster should be in Japan for a few years?  Cool finisher by Sikoa.  Dexter Lumis has hilarious tattoos.  You kids today.  Tony D'Angelo is doing a Salvatore Sincere homage! Or maybe a Full Blooded Italian's gimmick with the get-up he's wearing. Lumis looks like a Bro Country guy in a fistfight,  I dig Lumis' ringwork.  I dig D'Angelo's finisher but the finish was hilariously blown.  Ah, live television. Fallon Henley hanging out with two more bro country guys?  Is this a secret WWE demographic?  Elektra Lopez wrestles again and that's the second match I've seen her in the ring.  That was fine.  Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler coming down to NXT and having good matches is a move I back one hundred percent.  Roode/Breakker was good pro wrestling, and most of it was Robert Roode. Roode has a nice spinebuster.  A Kid is slick.  I dug that wacky takedown.  Grayson Waller was neat at the end- though his finisher is preposterously elaborate.  The Grizzled Young Veterans carried the dynamic Creed Brothers to a good little match- setting up their finisher from a mile away.   WALTER was definitely more fun as a fat boy.  GUNTHER really beat the shit out of Duke Hudson and we all got to watch.  What an assbeating.  Wendy Choo with the effective use of the big pillow was fun.  Dakota Kai took a beating like a champ.  She also had the best exchange with Io Shirai during the screen-in-screen.   Kayley Ray was great in this, bumping like a freak.  Io Shirai takes the Psicosis bump with the shoulder into the ringpost and then makes the save and hits a sweet moonsault. This match was good.  That was a good NXT.

EDIT:  That giant trophy was standing RIGHT THERE,

• Like 2

What I caught of Strong/Solo & Bron/Roode looked good. Tony D./Lumis seemed solid as well.

Fallon/Lopez was pretty decent. The two looked better against each other than expected.

GUNTHER/Hudson was a fun competitive(?) squash. WALTER chopped the soul out of Hudson at least 3 times and it was glorious. 

Wendy/Dakota vs. Io/KLR was good stuff. Hopefully Io & KLR can carry Gigi & Jacy to something good.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Ronda Rousey was injured last week but isn't expected to miss time.  

She tore the frenum on the inside of her lip (the part that connects to the gums).   Ow.