DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2022

odessasteps

On 2/22/2022 at 10:21 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The US WNT has (finally) reached a $24m agreement with US Soccer in their equal pay lawsuit. 

US Soccer announced they have reached a collective bargaining agreement with both the Men's and Women's national teams. 

The contract will 'equalize' World Cup pay for the Men & Women.   Additionally it will pay the women $22 million in back pay.  

This deal will run through 2028. 

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/18/1099697799/us-soccer-equal-pay-agreement-women?fbclid=IwAR2ghLejMFj-AN46vXZjAhzlqRwgHlNq9Th7xhmUCF2ik_iMynn016r-MEE

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Good luck, bud. Hope you don't do a second season syndrome. I'd like Liverpool to win the Premier League going on to do the Quadruple (sorry, @Pete but it it's any consolation, I do think Manchester City will win. The point after going 2-0 down to West Ham United was crucial) and Everton to go down just for the mismanagement and funny seeing Liverpool win the Premier League as Everton get relegated.

I don't come to you with my problems, do I? ?

I'll freely admit, seeing a guy who I don't know holding two cute dogs and broadly smiling in front of a beautiful countryside shot is not usually followed up by:  

"This dude is a terrifying monster and should be jailed forever. "

---

Not commenting on the merits (because reading up on it, fuck that guy), but wow, did the optics just work on me. 

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'll freely admit, seeing a guy who I don't know holding two cute dogs and broadly smiling in front of a beautiful countryside shot is not usually followed up by:  

"This dude is a terrifying monster and should be jailed forever. "

---

Not commenting on the merits (because reading up on it, fuck that guy), but wow, did the optics just work on me. 

My immediate thought: "Aww, Frenchie..." and should've stopped there.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Natural said:

0-2 now!

And now Burnley leads Villa. If both scores hold up, you're looking at a three-way conga line heading into Survival Sunday:

Burnley (P16, 37 points, -17 GD)
Everton (P17, 36, -22)
Leeds (P18, 35, -38)

47 minutes ago, Pete said:

And now Burnley leads Villa. If both scores hold up, you're looking at a three-way conga line heading into Survival Sunday:

Burnley (P16, 37 points, -17 GD)
Everton (P17, 36, -22)
Leeds (P18, 35, -38)

FT: Everton 3-2 Palace

Toffees are safe. That post aged well!  ?

• Like 1

Kylian Mbappè (they will give him a 300 million euro bonus and a salary of 100 million euros net a year): "I always said Paris is my home!"  ...what a big heart he has!!!

Now he can hire Tiger Woods as gardener for the pitch and Hamilton as personal driver...

?

It's the smart decision on his end. I don't think 2 years making insane money and then moving to RM when you're 25 is that bad an idea for him. I don't think Florentino is not going to sign him for ever.