DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2022

odessasteps

2 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

As always when Liverpool wins something, I'm really happy for Klopp. 

That being said, I'm almost 100% sure there is not much of a chance of City dropping four points over the last three matches. Salah's injury is not good... 

Yeah, I think the Premier League will elude Liverpool but will win the Champions League. Can't see Manchester City dropping the required amount of points. I think Liverpool would choose the Premier League Title over the Champions League only having won the former once whereas Manchester City the Champions League.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, I think the Premier League will elude Liverpool but will win the Champions League. Can't see Manchester City dropping the required amount of points. I think Liverpool would choose the Premier League Title over the Champions League only having won the former once whereas Manchester City the Champions League.

West Ham United 1-0 Manchester City. Oh my!

Watford 1-5 Leicester FT.

Watford are going to equal the top-flight record for most home losses in a single campaign - 15 by Blackpool (1966-67) and Stoke City (1984-85).

The Hornets conceded 46 Premier League goals at Vicarage Road this season, the most at home by any side in a top-flight campaign since 1960-61.

Disgrace. Good riddance.

Edited by The Natural

I can't see City dropping points against Villa, but at least the title is (probably) going down to the last day. So is that last relegation spot. This was a pretty good season between those races and the final two top-four spots all coming down to the last week/day. 

Happy for Klopp and Liverpool and pulling hard for them in the CL final since I want the possibility of my club facing them in the Club World Cup (which I know Europeans don't care about, but I do) to stay alive. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I can't see City dropping points against Villa, but at least the title is (probably) going down to the last day. So is that last relegation spot. This was a pretty good season between those races and the final two top-four spots all coming down to the last week/day. 

Happy for Klopp and Liverpool and pulling hard for them in the CL final since I want the possibility of my club facing them in the Club World Cup (which I know Europeans don't care about, but I do) to stay alive. 

Everton 2-3 Brentford FT. Two red cards for Everton.

Liverpool could win the Quadruple or a Treble and Everton getting relegated, Christmas and Birthday rolled into one.

• Haha 1

Burnley (34 points -18)
Thurs 19th - Aston Villa (a)
Sun 22nd - Newcastle (H)

Leeds (35 points -38)
Sun 22nd - Brentford (a)

Everton (36 points -20)
Thurs 19th - Crystal Palace (H)
Sun 22nd - Arsenal (a)

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Everton 2-3 Brentford FT. Two red cards for Everton.

Liverpool could win the Quadruple or a Treble and Everton getting relegated, Christmas and Birthday rolled into one.

If you had to choose Everton getting relegated to the Championship OR Liverpool winning the league, which would you take? 

Messi coming to Miami after his PSG contract is up next year.  Getting a 35% stake in the team too.

Edited by RIPPA
Fixed link
  • Like 1

Huddersfield 1-0 Luton Town (2-1 Agg)

Nottingham Forest 1-2 Sheffield United (3-3 Agg, 6-5 AET)

The Reds did everything possible to choke this one away, but they go through on pens. It's Forest vs Huddersfield for all the marbles.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Huddersfield 1-0 Luton Town (2-1 Agg)

Nottingham Forest 1-2 Sheffield United (3-3 Agg, 6-5 AET)

The Reds did everything possible to choke this one away, but they go through on pens. It's Forest vs Huddersfield for all the marbles.

It's Steve Cooper. Unfortunately he's already bottled two playoffs with Swansea. I get the feeling he's going to lose vs Huddersfield. For his sake, he'd better have Forest better prepared for Wembley. Last year, under Cooper, Swansea were MIA vs Brentford in the playoff final.

It’s not often we go into the final week of the season with it all to play for. But here we are, title not decided, top 4 not set, final relegation spot still open. Going to be a nervy Sunday all over the country.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

It’s not often we go into the final week of the season with it all to play for. But here we are, title not decided, top 4 not set, final relegation spot still open. Going to be a nervy Sunday all over the country.

Good luck, bud. Hope you don't do a second season syndrome. I'd like Liverpool to win the Premier League going on to do the Quadruple (sorry, @Pete but it it's any consolation, I do think Manchester City will win. The point after going 2-0 down to West Ham United was crucial) and Everton to go down just for the mismanagement and funny seeing Liverpool win the Premier League as Everton get relegated.

Edited by The Natural