DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 12

Dolfan in NYC

Gonna be awesome when Megatron leaves in a couple years, watching him win a championship on, oh, I dunno, let's say the Packers.

If we were sitting next to each other when you wrote this I would have headbutted you in the face.

• Like 1

Gonna be awesome when Megatron leaves in a couple years, watching him win a championship on, oh, I dunno, let's say the Packers.

If we were sitting next to each other when you wrote this I would have headbutted you in the face.

And with good cause!

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/11/19/5121100/rules-breaking-down-the-final-play   on a patriots site, no less. Only grey area was if it was catchable and that can be debated ad infinitum. Sick of hearing the whining about it on tv and everywhere. (obligatory reference to patriots holding the saints on last play of that game and getting a no call) Go panthers.

FWIW, ESPN's Sportscience guys definitively proved that the ball was catchable without interference.

I said this to alot of people IRL and it's my honest opinion, if Gronk made more of a play for the ball, instead of standing around begging for a flag, maybe they would have gotten the call.

But they didn't. The better team won. Also, where's the outrage for no call on the Charles Johnson legwhip?

Because that happens dozens of times every game and no one gives a shit about linemen.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/11/19/5121100/rules-breaking-down-the-final-play on a patriots site, no less. Only grey area was if it was catchable and that can be debated ad infinitum. Sick of hearing the whining about it on tv and everywhere. (obligatory reference to patriots holding the saints on last play of that game and getting a no call) Go panthers.

FWIW, ESPN's Sportscience guys definitively proved that the ball was catchable without interference.

I said this to alot of people IRL and it's my honest opinion, if Gronk made more of a play for the ball, instead of standing around begging for a flag, maybe they would have gotten the call.

But they didn't. The better team won. Also, where's the outrage for no call on the Charles Johnson legwhip?

Because that happens dozens of times every game and no one gives a shit about linemen.

Unless said linemen are using racial slurs in voice mails to other linemen

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/11/19/5121100/rules-breaking-down-the-final-play on a patriots site, no less. Only grey area was if it was catchable and that can be debated ad infinitum. Sick of hearing the whining about it on tv and everywhere. (obligatory reference to patriots holding the saints on last play of that game and getting a no call) Go panthers.

Unless said linemen are using racial slurs in voice mails to other linemen

Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what the Panthers front 7 do to a Dolphins O-line down three starters.

I would agree that Carolina outplayed New England. 

As for me, I still haven't seen the legwhip.  Based on what I've heard, it was pretty egregious and should have been called.  That's bad.  Not as bad as throwing a flag and then picking up for an incorrect reason (the idea that the interference and interception occurred simultaneously) on the very last play of the game, however.

Matt Ryan just basically got punched in the face for no flag, if you find that subject exciting.

I thought that was pretty hilarious.  Hope Ray Lewis picks up the tab if Hicks gets fined.

Also, as forgettable as last night's game was, I have a feeling that Saints and Falcons fans are going to be sharing this for a long time:

sad11.gif