DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/24/22 - Philadelphia, PA

*Taped for BTI: Shera (w/ Raj Singh) def. Crazzy Steve (w/ Havok) (7:16) with the Sky High 

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 24, 2022 from Philadelphia, PA

*Josh Alexander opened the show with a promo on Moose. Moose comes out and they end up brawling to the back.

*Speedball Mike Bailey def. Laredo Kid & Willie Mack (11:57) with the Ultima Weapon on Mack to advance to the X Division Championship triple threat match at Rebellion.

*Steve Maclin def. Heath (w/ Rhino) (4:56) via rollup while grabbing the ropes for leverage. After the match, Rhino runs in and hits the Gore on Maclin.

*Violent by Design(c) (Eric Young & Joe Doering w/ Deaner) def. The Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) (7:13) in a Lumberjack Match to retain the tag team championships after Mike Bennett & Matt Taven interfered.

*Eddie Edwards def. Rocky Romero (13:07) when Romero went for an armbar but Eddie pinned his shoulders down. After the match, Eddie looks to continue the attack but Jonathan Gresham ran out and went after Eddie.

*Tasha Steelz(c) (w/ Savannah Evans) def. Mickie James (17:44) in a street fight to retain the knockouts championship with the frog splash after Savannah interfered following Chelsea Green running out and taking a seat in the ring rather than helping Mickie. After the match, Chelsea Green turned on Mickie and Matt Cardona joined Chelsea in attacking Mickie. Chelsea threw off her cast, revealing she had faked the broken wrist injury.

Edited by DreamBroken

Ring Ka King veteran, Shera, takes on Crazzy Steve.  I assume this leads to Shera vs Bhupinder Gujjar.  Shera looked pretty good.  Has Crazzy Steve ever won ever?  He's good.  Full World Wide point.

• Like 1

Awesome street fight main event, loved all the Tasha/Mickie matches. Kind of disappointed in Chelsea's heel turn as I thought there would be more to it than that and more subtlety leading up to it, considering they've talked before about pitching sort of a redo on the Mickie/Trish angle before when they were in WWE and nothing coming of it then, so I figured this was their chance. 

Good stuff throughout the rest of the card. Eddie's release tiger driver on Romero looked brutal. Funny skits from Swinger and the Influence. Jonah vs. Ishii for Rebellion is a nice surprise. 

• Like 1

Moose assumes the role of Clubber Lang!  Goddammit, Mike Bailey is in a three way so I have to fucking watch.  Man, I would love to see a normal match with any combination of these's three.  One can forget about how awesome Willie Mack is;  he is so good when you get a chance to watch him work.  MAN!  Laredo Kid spun 600 times!  YEE-HAW!  That was awesome.  Laredo Kid is the all-star of this godforsaken three way.  Then Willie Mack becomes the all star leading up to a beautiful Razor's Edge.  After some annoying three way goofiness,  Laredo bumps ginormous to the floor and Bailey beats Mack, though Laredo Kid should have been given the win for fucking killing himself and supplying 80% of the match.    Steve Maclin bumps all over the ring for Heath, then he beats some heat onto Heath and Heath does some old guy kinda halfspeed babyface comeback and then Maclin cheats to WIN!  It's perfectly fine.   HOLEEE SHIT!  JONAH vs ISHII?!?!  Hell YEAH!  Fucking AWESOME.   THEN.  The Good Brothers and VBD have a lumberjack match and it's also perfectly fine.  Nice toprope elbow drop by Eric Young.  Finish was confusing.  Honor No More is aligned with VBD?  What?  Eddie Edwards is the best wrestler in IMPACT! and shows why against Rocky Romero.  Romero looked great.  Edwards fuckin lays it in.  Finish was fun.  This was the best match of the night.  This would also be a good time to note that Impact has the best commentary since Gordon Solie roamed the earth.  Jonathan Gresham versus Eddie Edwards will totally rock.   Main event was fun.  Needed blood.  Mickie James assuming the role of Terry Funk in ECW Arena was neat.   She was fucking great in this.  PUT THE BELT ON CHELSEA!  IMPACT!  UNEVEN BUT MORE GOOD THAN BLAND!

• Like 2

This was as good an episode of Impact as I've seen.  Maybe they didn't want to embarrass themselves in Philly?  The Arena looked more like the Showboat in Vegas with those lights on the ceiling.  Very pleased to see Impact doing more straight up promos (and some good ones) rather than rotten backstage sketches (only one high school drama class Scott D'Amore segment)!  Opening segment was my least favorite.  Moose and Josh are both capable on the mic, but I'd love to see them try something different than deulling mics and a shitty brawl.  Small complaint tho, look forward to the title bout.  In ring was solid as always.  Commentary continues to prove to be the best in wrestling.  Eddie Edwards is looking a lot better, or more interesting, in his current role - good bout with Rocky.  I hate multi-mans as much as DEAN, but dug this one.  Willie Mack is indeed underrated and underutilized.  Laredo should be elevated.  Mike Bailey is quickly becoming a breakout star.  Chelsea Green is already a shining star.  Johnny fucking Swinger is fanfuckingtastic!  A managerial role with some worthy talents is what I've been hoping for.  Zicky Dice will be just fine!  

• Like 2