DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/16/2022 - St. Patrick's Day Slam

Just two words: DADDY  MAGIC~!  That whole segment was the cheapest of cheap heat and it was great.

Just now, EVA said:

What an incredible night. Wheeler finally got over.

That fucking owned, Wheeler has been really great the past few weeks since they've been letting him have non-squashes on TV.

Oh ,so Jeff Hardy is washed washed.

Main event wasn't as good as the lights out match but I still dug it.  I'd like to see a Rosa/Nyla program after this.

• Like 4

That match was fucking awesome.  I assume Baker gets the title back on April 20th in Pittsburgh.  If you follow Thunder Rosa's vlog, you know she is the hardest working wrestler on earth.  That finish was fucking beautiful.  The opening six-man was waaaaaay fun.  The triple moosault!  The double Doomsday Device!  The clean finish!  I loved the simplicity of the Wardlow/MJF angle.  Who will Wardlow get to be his partner?  I LOVED the Jericho Appreciation Society.  Daniel Garcia was ELECTRIC!  Wheeler Yuta joining the William Regal League Of Ass Stomping Gentlemen was great to.  GREAT!  So Britt Baker is the best wrestler in AEW?  Isiah Kassidy is prolly peeing blood from the nasty landing of that Swanton.  YAY! AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Great fucking show!

The 6 man was mad fun but by the end of the show I kind of forgot about it lol.

I can totally get behind "Regal as Inoki" with the respect slaps

God, Jericho and the crew are gonna get so much HEAT as sportz entertainers in AEW lol

It makes me so happy to see the Hardys back together.

Looking forward to seeing Wardlow eventually powerbomb MJF straight to hell. That's gonna be GLORIOUS.

Main event was spectacular...Britt and Thunder make magic in these brawls. So happy for Rosa. The ending seemed rushed though...they were definitely up against the clock. That crowd really added to the match too. 

Another magnificent 2 hours of pro wres. Thank you AEW! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

That was a killer show. I loved Wardlow aaaaaalmost getting his hands on MJF. The place is gonna come unglued when that time comes.

That main event was wild as hell. I can't say enough about Britt's "Send a fucking ref!!" Just the perfect cap to her reign, and Im looking forward to seeing who Rosa's first challenger is (as well as the eventual Britt/Hayter stuff).

Edit: Forgot to say how much I loved the opener. Seriously great PWG style match. Honestly, if I were running AEW, I'd have saved it for Rampage to grab people after the tourney. It was that good.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 3

Yeah obvious pacing issues aside I enjoyed the main event and it was a fitting end to this chapter of their rivalry. 

Triple moonsault, Matt countering PP's poetry in motion by killing them both, and Wardlow's titty poppin at PVZ in front of her husband were highlights as well. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

The eventual Stadium Stampede with Regal’s Wrestlers vs The Jericho Appreciation Society is going to rule so fucking hard. 

Daniel Garcia's soul on a pole match. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

That spot feels like a little bit of an homage to the awesome stuff in the big NXT Sasha/Bayley classics where Sasha was kicking Bayley’s broken wrist/Bayley reversing it in the Iron Woman.

I love those Sasha Banks vs. Bayley matches at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn and NXT TakeOver: Respect. Gave both *****. Me and you are in the camp that prefer the Iron Woman match while most go for the predecessor.

• Like 1

Well, I'll ask it. What the fuck was up with the main? Bizarre finishing sequence with Britt immediately popping up from the power bomb, hitting one chair shot, and then eating the fire thunder driver. Maybe they didn't realize the top of the hour was coming that fast? Communication seemed to be a problem through the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Yeah obvious pacing issues aside I enjoyed the main event and it was a fitting end to this chapter of their rivalry. 

Triple moonsault, Matt countering PP's poetry in motion by killing them both, and Wardlow's titty poppin at PVZ in front of her husband were highlights as well. 

Felt like cutting it close for time. It'll be a big deal when Dr Britt Baker beats Thunder Rosa down the line as she's lost her two high profile matches to her: Lights Out and now here. Remember at some point in Dr Britt Baker's reign as AEW Women's World Champion she forbid Rebel and Hayter to mention Rosa's name?

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Well, I'll ask it. What the fuck was up with the main? Bizarre finishing sequence with Britt immediately popping up from the power bomb, hitting one chair shot, and then eating the fire thunder driver. Maybe they didn't realize the top of the hour was coming that fast? Communication seemed to be a problem through the whole thing.

Yeah, time management in AEW still needs work. You could hear Aubrey telling them to get back in the ring. It's why I was in favour of Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega and Bryan Danielson vs.  Adam Page I opening AEW Dynamite to avoid such a thing.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm pretty sure they were supposed to set up a table spot for the finish but time ran out and they had to bring it home.

I once read a Dean Malenko interview in which he said he didn't understand "sports entertainer," because the word "entertainer" made him picture someone with a cane in a top hat.

JAS should do that.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

one of these weeks they're gonna fuck up the time cue and go off the air during the main event?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3