DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/16/2022 - St. Patrick's Day Slam

3 hours ago, Pete said:

She had to be emphatic because it was such a big moment. She couldn’t soft hit and maybe throw off the crowd or make it look like shenanigans. I swear there was like 1/8th of a second where she looked down with her palm raised and realized what she was gonna do, then she just did it. 

Awesome match. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, matt925 said:

She had to be emphatic because it was such a big moment. She couldn’t soft hit and maybe throw off the crowd or make it look like shenanigans. I swear there was like 1/8th of a second where she looked down with her palm raised and realized what she was gonna do, then she just did it. 

Awesome match. 

Ultimate aew promotional heel turn. Aubrey soft counts the three. Tony khan comes out after, at the start of rampage, and says the finish was inconclusive and Britt remains champion. It’s then revealed that Cody isn’t going to be running roh. He’s been running aew all along. 

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

I loved the simplicity of the Wardlow/MJF angle.  Who will Wardlow get to be his partner?

Sitting here waiting for him to pop back up on TV, Punk makes a lot of sense. Depends on how clean they want to break him and MJF. But I'm sure Punk has a lot of respect for the dude that had him dead to rights if MJF wasn't barking orders, and Punk might feel he owes him after the dog-collar match. 

• Like 6

Daniel Garcia should be renamed “The Pitbull” to fit this gimmick.

So I guess with Regal emphasizing “Pro Wrestling”, and Jericho emphasizing “Sports Entertainment”, that means these teams will probably end up in a big rivalry down the line with one another. Especially now that it looks like Garcia’s indie rival, Wheeler Yuta, will join this Regal unit(They need a real name). 

Regal should give Hideki Suzuki a call to see if he still wants to live in the states, and be the muscle to challenge Hager.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, L_W_P said:

When is Danhausen due back in the ring?

OrangeHausen vs Danielson/Mox would be pretty great.

The beauty of Danielson is that he loves pro wrestling in all of its forms. He could out-wrestle/beat the crap out of Orangehausen and it would rule. Alternately, he could sell the LIVING SHIT out of being "cursed by Danhausen" and the ensuing comedy would somehow rule even harder. It has to happen.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, A_K said:

Yes they do need stakes. Batista over Devon worked because Devon was a gatekeeper. Batista over Triple H worked because it was for the title. This is completely the wrong time. MJF lost blow off matches vs Jericho & Punk. He loses this one too (eventually). That completely cools him for any title run, and he shouldn’t be a gate keeper either. Wardlow out there last week talking like Tito Ortiz (keep him away from 90 s + promos)

Devon? You mean Devon Dudley? Devon Dudley in his Brother Devon the Preacher stage? That worked? 

Is there some other Devon I don't know about? Was Brock Lesnar's run that year a success because he was able to plow through "gatekeeper" Bubba?

Batista over Triple H worked for a variety of reasons. How about years of Triple H being greedy with the belt? Batista couldn't have gone over just anyone for the title and still charmed his way into a permanent main-event stay. He got face pops the moment he rolled over Benoit on an inevitable climb towards the top, but the Triple H feud making more sense than anything since Brock Lesnar is why that feud worked.

But hey, I don't remember Devon(who?) leading Deacon Batista to anything but an extended vacation until he switched brands and showed up with Evolution, so maybe I don't know how to watch wrestling, but you've got some mechanical theories on how a wrestling show needs to be booked. 

Maybe you should have listened to what Wardlow actually said last week instead of timing it and complaining about the presentation. I haven't cast my vote in favor of the promo yet, but I thought it was great. It was drug-free Crush. If you can't appreciate a drug-free Crush promo in 2022, well, then wholesome may not be for you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The beauty of Danielson is that he loves pro wrestling in all of its forms. He could out-wrestle/beat the crap out of Orangehausen and it would rule. Alternately, he could be cursed by Danhausen and sell the LIVING SHIT out of it and the ensuing comedy would somehow rule even harder. It has to happen.

This. The curse can never be no sold - you get cursed, you get hit with a finisher, you lose. That’s the business. Anything else ruins Danhausen’s gimmick as a glass cannon who is silly as shit and can’t physically harm a fly, but has the death move.

Danielson stooging around to avoid the curse and/or Regal having some sort of demon phobia would be great

Super fun show that continues to make me not miss watching WWE anymore.  I have been antidoted.

Great Trios match.  Great crowd.

Great big milestone moment that potentially could be a big deal further down the road for young Yuta.  Loved it.

Hardys got a great reaction and a very good match from PP.  “No more kids for you.”  Lawls.

I really liked the Jericho segment.  I’m not as enthusiastic about the name “Jericho Appreciation Society” when he keeps saying “That’s Entertainment”.  That should be the crowd name.  

License Face to Faces cover of the song to take “Judas” away from the crowd sing-a-long.  It’s practically an anti-entrance theme.  Booooo!

Another brutal Britt Baker/Thunder Bae match to cap off their feud for awhile.  You don’t practice getting powerbombed in the fucking thumbtacks. Congratulations TB!  ❤️

Edit: Bring on Regals Wrestling Revival vs. Jericho’s Entertainment Weenies!

I love you AEW.

Edited by Brandon Bones
  • Like 5

Multiple people have commented on the cheap heat of the JAS and how awesome that segment was, but that was not even close to the cheapest heat on the show.  The cheapest heat on the show was Paige VanZant and her husband kissing and then teasing Wardlow powerbombing the shit out of him and not doing it.  That dude is the biggest heel in the company and I don't think anyone is anywhere close.  Every time he's on screen I am overcome with irrational hatred.  I don't think it's possible to not like someone I've never met more than I dislike him. Everything about him from his stupid dyed hair to the world's worst tattoo makes me want to see him get his ass kicked.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Not sure what went long - possibly Jericho's segment but the cage match just felt off. The ending was really not great at all. But Rosa got her win. Curious to see if she keeps the belt for a while. Blances out the women's division between heels/faces champions. 

Trios match was really good. Liked everything about it. 

Wardlow/MJF was good. Wardlow destroying Spears to get to MJF will be huge.

However, I did not like Austin Vanderford getting involved as this random MMA dudes showing up with no payoff is not good booking. Is Wardlow really going to get his hands on Austin? 

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Multiple people have commented on the cheap heat of the JAS and how awesome that segment was, but that was not even close to the cheapest heat on the show.  The cheapest heat on the show was Paige VanZant and her husband kissing and then teasing Wardlow powerbombing the shit out of him and not doing it.  That dude is the biggest heel in the company and I don't think anyone is anywhere close.  Every time he's on screen I am overcome with irrational hatred.  I don't think it's possible to not like someone I've never met more than I dislike him. Everything about him from his stupid dyed hair to the world's worst tattoo makes me want to see him get his ass kicked.

My issues is why is on screen - it's not like he is signed to the company and no one is going to get their hands on him. 

HEY YO it's Wednesday!  Nice.

Statlander is taking off the makeup.  Yuta is joining Regal Violence Connection.  The Best Friends are falling apart.  ?

Goofus shits on the gimmick of thumbtacks being under the ring.  Gallant makes up a storyline reason for why they're there.  JR really is a miserable shit 75% of the time and needs to remember that an announcer should support and enhance the show, not expose it and complain.

A Britt Baker haiku:
Send another ref
Send another ref
Get in the fucking cage

Crowd was nuclear for Rosa from the entrance on.  Nice.

Why was Matt Lee dressed like it's 1998 and he's auditioning for the I Want It That Way video?  TELL ME WHY!

Regal thanks Excalibur for nothing.  Dude totally forgot all those times Ex let him into the Reseda VFW for free.

Rosa escaping the Lockjaw by 1) biting Britt's hand and then 2) smashing her other hand into the tacks was just beautiful.

Sports Entertainment Daniel Garcia needs to grow a mustache and become Dashing Daniel.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, (BP) said:

PVZ’s husband has what I’d best describe as Federline Heat.  

Someone here described him as "if Florida was a person" and I don't think that's getting topped anytime soon.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

I want to like Britt and Rosa’s matches with each other and the rest of the roster, but a lot of the time there are a bunch of sluggish, slightly off exchanges built around a couple of good ideas and well-executed spots.

It didn’t feel like they were in the right gear before the first commercial break, then the brutality escalated in PiP and they were already grabbing the plunder from under the ring by the end of the break. That’s more of an agenting/production issue, but if they’d started out hotter in the opening minutes it would’ve been ameliorated. 

• Like 1