DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/14 - 3/20/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Cameron Grimes/Escobar was good.  I haven't paid much attention to Grimes since his IMPACT! days but he looked good.  Kushida and A-Kid was a cool match to see on my basic cable.  I haven't seen A-Kid in like five years.  I dug his wacky submission.  He almost killed Kushida with that odd, fucked up DDT.  Sarray is now wrestling in her schoolgirl uniform and she gets attacked by a gymnast?  Somebody at WWE has transferred his Incognito searches to the booking sheet.  Indi Harwell and Persia Pirotta have a little match and them make out with their dudes.  That's heartwarming, I guess.   'I LOVE MY MAN MORE THAN YOU LOVE YOUR MAN!"  I don't know where this is leading and I probably don't want to know since it is the WWE.    Raul Mendoza and Dominick Misterio was fun, short and overbooked.  I'm glad they are doing stuff with Fallon Henley.  LA Knight has the dumbest name in the WWE. I've avoided him since he was Eli Drake in IMPACT!.  I don't know why, he is perfectly fine.   Dolph Ziggler bumped all over the ring for him.  It was a good match.  Knight sold the ribs.  Oh, actually Bron Breakker has the worst name in the WWE.  That was a good show, I guess.

• Like 2

Escobar/Grimes was good.

Kushida/A-Kid was so nice while it lasted and a bit different from the norm. I wish they had five more minutes.

Sarray/Stratton was just an angle. Not a terrible one, but I was kind of looking forward to seeing what Sarray could get out of Stratton.

The whole Persia/Indi match/segment was fun. I dug them entering together and bickering throughout. The post match kiss off was a good kind of ridiculous and dumb. Its nice how they have found a character for Indi. I just wish her wrestling was as good. 

The whole Cora vs. Toxic Attraction stuff backstage wasn't bad. I kind of like that Mandy actually managed to turn it around on Cora. it was unexpected.

Dominick/Mendoza was fun while it lasted though I'm not super interested in the Briggs/Jensen vs. Legado stuff teased here. I am however all for Rey vs. Escobar.

I skipped around all of the Miz/Ziggler stuff. That is too much Raw on NXT. Hopefully they cut back post-WM.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

You're only four years older than him, my dude.

as much as I like to playfully dub AEW the e-fed come to life, I would be remiss if I didn't mention WWE also walks the e-fed path by having it's best feud work done via twitter exchanges that read for all the world like flash packets

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

You're only four years older than him, my dude.

Not to be outdone, (from WON site)  Ziggler responds by saying "the world needs ditch diggers too, kid."

... when he is only two years older than LA Knight.

SARRAY is weaker without her amulets power, I guess it's like N64 Mario without his hat.

NXT 2.0 rating

624k (0.14), #44, it got into the top 50.

Edited by Blue Dragon

You know, watching this episode of NXT makes me think how much they missed a golden opportunity to do this entire story with Dolph as NXT champion during the black and gold era of NXT. When there was actual loyalty to the NXT name, having Dolph come in and steal the belt could have had peak Ciampa level heat. Hell, can you imagine Miz TV with Dolph in that era of NXT? The fans would be ready to burn the place down. Instead we have the 2.0 crowd chanting for Miz and cheering Dolph. Maybe this is my old man yelling at clouds moment, but just seems like this could have been so much better.

And I will give credit where it's due, the show on the whole is a lot better. LA Knight is a suprisingly good babyface. Everything with Bron is great. Escobar qualifying for the ladder match was solid. but if we don't get him vs Mysterio somehow it ain't ok. Grimes needs to move on after this, even if I shudder to think what he will end up as on the main roster.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

You know, watching this episode of NXT makes me think how much they missed a golden opportunity to do this entire story with Dolph as NXT champion during the black and gold era of NXT. When there was actual loyalty to the NXT name, having Dolph come in and steal the belt could have had peak Ciampa level heat. Hell, can you imagine Miz TV with Dolph in that era of NXT? The fans would be ready to burn the place down. Instead we have the 2.0 crowd chanting for Miz and cheering Dolph. Maybe this is my old man yelling at clouds moment, but just seems like this could have been so much better.

This feels like what they wanted do with Charlotte before the pandemic kind of screwed everything up.

• Like 1

I was kinda digging the general weirdness of the new NXT and some of the new characters are amusing but I think they're gonna go overboard with main roster midcarders being on the show so this is probably a good time to jump off. I don't need more Miz and Dom segments in my life. 

Underwhelming Los Lotharios match- which is disappointing since they were on such a roll.  So with Shanky in WWE and Bhupinder Gujjar on IMPACT!, AEW needs to get their Great Khali trainee on the roster.  Shanky made Drew McIntire look good by being big and being bodyslammed.  I love shit like that.  The ladies tag match is the inning eater of the show and Naomi and Rhea Ripley looked lost at one point early, but Naomi bumps crazy to the floor before the commercial to save the matches bacon.  Sasha and Liv Morgan looked great in the ring together.  Liv Morgan is your secret good worker of the WWE.  The missile dropkick by Ripley was fucking awesome.  She's so gigantic.  The finish was fucking awesome before it became a chickenshit finish then it became a total clusterfuck.  WWE is booked by idiots.  Eeeee, Ridge Holland is back in the ring?  Man, everything Holland does past a chinlock is unsettling.   Oh man, Ridge Holland goes over the partner of the guy whose neck he broke last week?  I don't' know.... Well, this episode was perfectly fine.  The women's tag match was your highlight that was booked into oblivion.  Everything else was perfectly fine.

The opening segment with Blood lines was nice enough. 

Skipped around the ending segment with Charlotte and Ronda. I liked the brawl and subsequent powerbomb through the table. It looked brutal. As little as the feud itself interest me I do think the match at Wrestlemania should be good. 

The wrestling was generally fine, but Sasha/Naomi vs. Rhea/Liv definitely stood out as something worthwhile even with the shit ending along with Naomi & Rhea taking a bit to get used to each other.

• Like 1

Pat McAfee and Charlotte killed it with their promos tonight.  Pat has gone from the guy who I thought sucked on NXT Pre show PPV panels to being one of the best parts of the show. He's just great.

And Charlotte is the babyface in this house and that house. That promo channeled her old man's best.

On 3/17/2022 at 9:51 AM, Blue Dragon said:

Boy that is damning with faint praise...

"Calyx Hampton is a 22-year-old former athlete..."

(it actually reads "former athlete from the University of Oregon" but the first part made me laugh so hard, imagining some out-of-shape wrestler whose been sitting on the couch for a few years after having previously been an athlete)

Edited by caley

In a move that surprised no one, Nattie and Shayna are now added to the women's tag at Mania lol This fed will stack a women's Mania match. I wonder if they will throw Nikki and Doudrop in too.

The match between Sasha/Naomi and Rhea/Liv was actually pretty good until the end.

• Like 2

I liked how they said that Sheamus, Ridge and Butch grew up together. a 44 year old Irishman, a 33 year old rugby player from Liversedge, and a 28 year old backyard Wrestler from Birmingham. Just hanging out at weekends together, in the past. As children.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6