DVDVR Message Board

Remembering Scott Hall (1958-2022)

2 hours ago, eikerir said:

Never forget when the Bad Friends invaded AEW

bad-friends.jpg

Scott-Hall-Dead-Legacy-nWo-Razor-Ramon-W

I know the end goal was to get on Turner but that event was almost a half year before there was even an announcement.  Good bit of foresight on their part and I didn't realize until now that's what they were going for.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

I know the one. Haven't seen that in years.

It's on the Network, Coliseum Video section (you remembered correctly), a 1995 HBK collection (I don't recall the name), it's the second match they show. It is just spectacular, especially for the time period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Beech27 said:

That still might be a top 5 or 10 all time tag match in WWF/E history honestly. I think I saw it because one of the match threads on this board about a decade ago, and I was mad I had not seen it before because it's fantastic. I reference it to people on occasion who want to see a match from that time they may not be aware exists. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chaos said:

That still might be a top 5 or 10 all time tag match in WWF/E history honestly. I think I saw it because one of the match threads on this board about a decade ago, and I was mad I had not seen it before because it's fantastic. I reference it to people on occasion who want to see a match from that time they may not be aware exists. 

Legit might be the best one, actually. 

Man, before he had all those injuries, Kid could fucking go. 1994-1996 Kid has got to be one of my favorite workers ever. Most guys who go-go-go irritate me for some reason, but Kid is captivating. Maybe because he feels more out-of-control even though he hits his shit cleanly? He's also an elite bumper and great at showing fatigue through body language. 

Waltman is one of those dudes who I never think about when thinking about the very best wrestlers to exist, but he would get more than a look-in on my final list. 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 2

Sorry to 2x post, but the wrestling fan who runs the playlist for Arsenal just hit Razor's music as the clubs came out for the second half. 

That shit will forever slap. 

• Like 3

Just now, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Sorry to 2x post, but the wrestling fan who runs the playlist for Arsenal just hit Razor's music as the clubs came out for the second half. 

Was coming here to post that. 

3 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

GOAT music contender. K-Dogg single as well, if I'm honest...

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

It really is great. I’ve been watching a lot of AJPW tags from that same era, and I guess the highest compliment I can give is that it doesn’t seem remotely out of place. Not just the pace and quality of the bumping and work itself, but — I think the key to great tags — clear tiers between individuals that influence strategy/teamwork, and a constant sense of which team is winning, with a constant drive to securing that result. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Garza flash win was great, but the Scott Hall revenge squash was even better.

Watching this reminds that Pac made the right move to follow Hall and Nash to WCW. I know it didn't work out like it coud have but I don't know if he would have gotten away from being the Kid in WWF but then again Hunter was able to slowly get away from the Blue Blood persona. He was close enough in the circle of the kliq to push to go away from being the Kid even he say he had been pushing to Vince about getting away from the 123 Kid deal before he left. He was supposed to be the 4th Member of the NWO instead of Giant. If Hall and Nash had more say about who joined and who didn't then it would have played out much better because they wanted Pac, Nash and Hall as the Wolfpack part of the Faction. Them adding all those guys killed it, in addition to adding guys just because they thought turning someone heel and adding them would get them over. Even if you weren't a smart fan you knew Pac , Hall and Nash had a different level of friendship than the rest of the group but I will say especially early on Pac seemed like a bigger star being with Hulk.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Good look, I'm definitely going to scope that pod out for regular listening @Web Conn

Dude it's a good time, they review Thunder well they watch the fall of WCW through the lens of Thunder. It's Thunder and PPV's its a fun listen.

also here's a 6 man match from AWA that involved Scott

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jim Cornette said something on his little tribute that is 100% true. First he repeated what Jim Ross said which is true, that Hall had a great wrestling mind. He went on to explain that Hall only later became what he was surrounded by, referring to the idiots he hung out with. That is so true. Hall had a GOAT wrestling mind. He practiced the basics like losing when it was time to lose, keeping his hair fixed (Bobby Heenan’s confessed secret to be great if you remember), the toothpick. And yes doing business belongs on that list. It didn’t used to be this big dramatic thing if you were good enough to do it like Hall was. 

Also this thread can’t be without a gif of this greatness.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kTjksYe

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 4

Also I have no idea what I’ve done with this double post lol! So I’ll add 1 more thing that just so perfectly, ironically, and unironically explains how great Hall was and how it relates to how messed up WCW was. 

All this talk about doing business and how Hall was the best at it...you know who was the first guy to finally lose to Sting like they were supposed to? Yep Hall. Went right out there and did business the FIRST time. First guy to lose to the Steiners in that awesome, underrated match that’s overshadowed by the fact that the rest of that show didn’t quite work out. Then even dusted himself off and went out there and lost to Goldberg just so Hogan didn’t have to do that by himself. Sting and the Steiners. The top face and the top team face. Then of course Goldberg was the top face by then. Nobody else did it but him. And he was awesome for it. 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 9