DVDVR Message Board

2022 SPRING TRAINING MOTHERFUCKERS

Dolfan in NYC

On 3/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Jeter/Miami fallout appears to be over Nick Castellanos. He coveted Nick, but was told there was no more money to spend.  

The numbers may actually be in the Marlins favor here as they were supposedly one of the teams really losing money.

$58m payroll, $100m+ in TV money. They're not losing money. 

• Like 1

Jayson Stark has the details of how the new schedule will work (starting in 2023) and it was pretty much what I guess in the other thread

In a detailed column about the CBA, Stark adds some details about the schedule changes that will begin in 2023. While it had been previously reported that teams would play all 29 of the other squads in the league each year, with the number of divisional games being reduced, the details were not known at the time. Stark lays out the format that will begin next year, with each team playing its divisional rivals 14 times per season, down from 19, for a total of 56. Teams in the same league but not the same division will be played six times each, a total of 60. When it comes to interleague play, each team has a “rival” that they will play four times, with three games against the other 14 teams in the opposite league. That amounts to 46 total interleague games. All of those categories are evenly split between road and home, except for the final one. In the case of the 14 non-rival teams that are in the opposite league, the home team for the three-game series will alternate from year to year.

1 minute ago, Death From Above said:

Can we get Jays/Mariners as rivals? Those crowds are always buck wild for the Seattle games.

Jays are getting stuck with either the Braves or Phillies since MLB already has 9 of the 15 rivalries set and 3 of the involve East teams (Yanks/Mets, Nats/Os, Marlins/Rays)

I am gonna assume the Jays will get Philly while the Red Sox will get Atlanta (since MLB will love to throwback to the Boston Braves)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Friendly reminder that Heyman will always carry the owners water

god how i WISH the Giants were willing to be the level of financial bully this is trying to cast them as.

I could ordering that Kris Bryant replica jersey by now

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I can't help but wonder who the Jays get as a rival. Hard to think of an obvious option since their obvious out of division choice would be another AL team in the Mariners, given how wild those crowds tend to be.

Jays and Mariners are natural rivals because they both started in 1977.

33 minutes ago, elizium said:

They can play at home, but non-vaccinated players cannot play in Toronto

Yeah Aaron Boone just today was all “I’m concerned about playing in Canada because we still have a few guys who are unvaccinated”

I hate the team that I love

After having to play home games in Florida and Buffalo because of the pandemic, it's poetic that teams will now come into Toronto at a disadvantage beacuse of player who refused toget vaccinated.

So pumped for the Jays this year!!

• Haha 2

pretty sure that Sanchez and Urshela aren't on the list of Yankees who can't enter Canada (Sanchez was described as vaccinated during 2021 and Urshela had a vaccine effect IL stint), so this wasn't the "drop expendable unvaccinated guys" trade

The Twins are pretty much going full OOTP trade king right now

Just now, Death From Above said:

The Twins also just freed up like $50 million so there is no way they're done yet.

possibly related:

Also, Donaldson is sorta disliked in KC, but it's more of a lifetime achievement award thing where he wasn't booed as much as Bautista, but he's probably the least popular Yankee in KC since most of their roster aren't really too notable around here anyways.

The Nats are signing Nelson Cruz to a one year deal and everyone is all giddy since he is the first person to now take advantage of the DH in the NL