DVDVR Message Board

2022 SPRING TRAINING MOTHERFUCKERS

Dolfan in NYC

People getting mad about it are so weird. We have technology and use its improvements in literally every aspect of our life. I am sure all the purist don't use keyless car entry, phone apps to order food, or use the People Mover in the airport either. Baseball (and maybe golf?) are the only sports that some fans think any change is bad and it should be the same sport as it was in 1920, while the NFL has been beaming plays into the QB's helmet since 1994 and soccer has had VAR for five years. It should be this simple. "Will this improve the game in some way with no downsides?" "Yes." "Ok, do that."

• Like 3

I wish Spring Training was longer (and that I figured out how to get the radio feeds through the app before yesterday) because it really is fun to listen to some other game.

Although I misheard "Rip Flare" as "Ric Flair" and for a brief moment thought Eddie Rosario hit a "ric flair" into the outfield in this game. Rip Flare sounds like it would be a good gimmick name if you were trying to deceive people into thinking Ric Flair would be there.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

People getting mad about it are so weird. We have technology and use its improvements in literally every aspect of our life. I am sure all the purist don't use keyless car entry, phone apps to order food, or use the People Mover in the airport either. Baseball (and maybe golf?) are the only sports that some fans think any change is bad and it should be the same sport as it was in 1920, while the NFL has been beaming plays into the QB's helmet since 1994 and soccer has had VAR for five years. It should be this simple. "Will this improve the game in some way with no downsides?" "Yes." "Ok, do that."

Other sports absolutely had these arguments, including the "it'll spoil the purity of our game," that always gets bandied around, and my personal favourite "video technology will undermine the on field officials," as if broadcasters beimg able to pull up evidence of these things within fifteen seconds didn't undermine them twice as much. There are always a few luddites who argue vociferously against change, and watch out for them crowing in the first season or two as there are teething problems and the officials get to grips with the best way to actually use the technology. (or not, if the traditionalists actually win,) 

Houston extends Astro-4-Life Ryan Pressly  for another 2/30.  Team option for another year at 12 mil. 

Baltimore trades Tanner Scott and Cole Sulser to Miami for a couple of prospects (Velez & Guerrero).  (Sulser is probably going to be Miami's closer while Dylan Floro is hurt, so you may want to throw a $1 at your auction draft for him)

Bryson Stott has made the Phillies main roster and will be with the team Opening Day.  

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Guardians and Jose Ramirez have agreed on an extension of 5/124.   

Ramirez is guaranteed $150m total now between this and his old deal. 

That seems like a good value for Cleveland.  35-homer 3B aren't exactly super-plentiful.

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The Ramirez extension includes a full no-trade clause. 

That's actually not a big deal since he's a 10/5 this year anyway. 

• RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic