DVDVR Message Board

2022 SPRING TRAINING MOTHERFUCKERS

Dolfan in NYC

20 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

just hit into the shift.  go opposite field. how hard could it be

THIS.

These millionaire ball players need use the off-season to expand their skillset and learn to hit to the opposite field. 

Maybe the "they wanna do this in a way that seems like an achievement instead of a surrender" thing I typed was a little too optimistic.

At least the Yankees have come a ways from a few years ago when I read national media people saying the Yankees were a likeable team (which was probably post A-Rod)

Though this is not the place to litigate this, it seems the "modification" will be that pro athletes and performers won't have to be vaccinated effective immediately.  And the word on the street is apparently "why are we firing front line workers and letting these rich people off the hook?"

But, I guess Adams wants to see Aaron Judge go BRRRRRRRRRRRRR to a baseball, so...  

29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Though this is not the place to litigate this, it seems the "modification" will be that pro athletes and performers won't have to be vaccinated effective immediately.  And the word on the street is apparently "why are we firing front line workers and letting these rich people off the hook?"

Because they are rich

I mean if any place should understand the reason - rightly or wrongly - you would think it would be the "streets of New York City"

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

But, I guess Adams wants to see Aaron Judge go BRRRRRRRRRRRRR to a baseball, so...  

I want Cold Stone to claim the entertainment exemption because their employees sing to customers after they get a tip.

The mandate has been lifted for athletes:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33585252/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-allows-unvaccinated-athletes-play-home-games

I would be shocked if 5pm Friday arrives and there hasn't been lawsuits filed by one or more groups still under a mandate.

Edited by Tabe

Well I think the part that reporters are doing the lazy job about is that the Jays have to follow the same rules - the only reason it is a "competitive advantage" is because their whole team is vaccinated (at least I am assuming that is still the case after their offseason moves)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well I think the part that reporters are doing the lazy job about is that the Jays have to follow the same rules - the only reason it is a "competitive advantage" is because their whole team is vaccinated (at least I am assuming that is still the case after their offseason moves)

After playing so many "home games" in Florida and Buffalo the past 2 years, we deserve some sort of competitive advantage lol

I'm sure you'll all be shocked to learn this, but the Ricketts family is out of the running to buy Chelsea FC due to their history of making anti-Muslim comments.

But think of all the money they'll save now! I'm sure papa Ricketts wishes it were the 1800s so he could blow all that money on slaves.

9 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I can't believe the Jays actually found a buyer for Grichuk and his mythical year of hitting 80 RBI without actually being a power hitter and going .241. No offense to the guy but I'm happy to try someone else and press my luck there instead.

I'm with you on this. He's probably going to hit 35 HRs because of Coors this year and I'll be happy for him. But he wasn't worth the dollars doing what he was doing for this Jays team.

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm sure you'll all be shocked to learn this, but the Ricketts family is out of the running to buy Chelsea FC due to their history of making anti-Muslim comments.

But think of all the money they'll save now! I'm sure papa Ricketts wishes it were the 1800s so he could blow all that money on slaves.

Speaking of...Forbes just released their list of team values for this year.

Just you know, look and remember the "owners make no money" line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, EdA said:

Speaking of...Forbes just released their list of team values for this year.

Just you know, look and remember the "owners make no money" line.

not sure if they quantify this but much of the teams values comes from the collective value of the league? Rising tide lifting boats and all.

but I guess this is good news for the people trying to estimate the net worth of someone like John Sherman (Royals owner/chairman/CEO). The team sold for a billion-ish, he was part of a group, I'm not sure if anybody really mentioned how much Sherman's money share was in order to become the controlling partner. Now we can just count the Royals entire Forbes value in Sherman's net worth and call him a billionaire.

Also Sherman got natural gas money, and that form of energy is still booming and (allegedly) causing earthquakes in Oklahoma, so he's got some money.

Ketel Marte and the Diamondbacks have agreed to a 5 year, $76 million extension

It technically only adds two years to his current deal (through 2026) as he was already under team control through 2024 - it just converted his options to guarantees and changed the amount he would make those years