DVDVR Message Board

NEW JAPAN ON AXS- RESTART!

DEAN

• 2 weeks later...

I was alerted on one of the few times I looked up whilst listening to my new Pungent Stench vinyl to check out Impact (sorry Impact, I got you on DVR) that Okada/White was gonna be next. Said to myself "awww, I wanted to see that crazy Omega match". Lo and behold, the crazy Omega match ends up on the air instead! And... well, shit. You got two of the biggest, most meta goobers in pro wrestling deciding to just go all-out. Bad hair all around -- whatever animal Ospreay has sewn onto his head deserves a proper burial, and whatever Omega did to his is equally awful. But it just underlines that these guys don't care about jack and are completely insane. Around the time that Omega took the legit DDT into the buckles is where this one picked up from just fairly nuts to completely nuts. You can tell that some things like the V-Triggers are pulled, but the stuff that Ospreay was pulling out didn't seem so at all. Those elbows, holy fuck. On the other hand I also think he busted out the blade instead of his juice being hardway because of the teammates surrounding him on the floor to block photographers, which is very Japanese of them. Jesus H... the rest of it is wild. Who thought that Will Ospreay would end up having two classics in such a short space of time with, of all people, Kenny Omega and Orange Cassidy? You would have been laughed off the playground. But it happened. I don't want to give him credit because he's a wanker but hey, there you go. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey hey! I finally got around to Great O-Khan vs. Moxley and it was nutty. Them exchanging submissions over by the wall of the venue at the edge of the crowd with Moxley leaking all over the place is hilarious. The look on O-Khan's face when he realized Mox had cut his ponytail: priceless. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dragon/ZSJ just on, what can you say. Poor Bryan at the end, frowning like a big hurt lion, wondering how it went wrong. Probably my favorite part was shithead Zack no-selling getting blasted in the face with Bryan's open hands while they're on the apron, he reaches down and twists the foot and Zack just screams and falls out of the ring 😄

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

They aired Okada vs. Tanahashi and tha Dogg Pound or whatever match, making for a three hour recording. The former I ignored. The latter they call at one point a "sick parody of a wrestling match" or somesuch and nah, it doesn't reach that. It is very much a wrestling match, with all the handcuffs and laying around ga-ga that has ever been in any goofball gimmick match. One of the teams dressed up like the Sheepherders! Somebody else imitates Muta! They take apart the ring! Etc. etc. Now, GOOD wrestling matches make you almost forget they are a wrestling match -- they are a sicko bloodshow, or a heated battle for life and death, or an incredible display of athleticism that suspends all disbelief and thought of "this is a wrestling match". You NEVER forget THIS is a wrestling match 😄

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what kinda jacket SHO was supposed to be wearing but it was really fucking stupid. Frankly, though those things were supposed to be wings or something... they looked like the fake arms Johnny Depp was wearing in Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

• Haha 1