DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 3/11/22

36 minutes ago, (BP) said:

This show cemented for me that Hayter and Darby are two of the most consistent performers in AEW, and that Hayter should be one of the goddam pillars.

After seeing Thunder drop off in form the past couple of months, I'm going to say that Hayter and Deeb followed by Riho and Shida are the best in ring performers within the division. It's too bad none of them are good promos, though Deeb is improving and we haven't seen much from Hayter (she's been fine when given limited chances). I get why the focus is on Rosa because she's good, or in a stretch where she's fine in the ring, but is really charismatic, a good talker, and the history and trajectory is all there. Unless Baker develops into a great bell to bell wrestler, the division is lacking that MVP calibre talent that doesn't have holes in her game. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I really liked the opener. It felt like it was dragging a bit at the start but instead it was just a well-paced match with one completely insane spot and a good ending. 

The woman’s match was also very good. Maybe a bit clunky at times the ending was great heel outside interference b.s. Britt rules doing things like that.

I really think Keith Lee would be better as a heel. I love his in-ring work but he comes off in promos like he could be his generation’s Bockwell as the smartest guy in the room who, also BTW, is a beast. But that was some nice stuff. Hobbs with the spine buster was great. Wish they slowly built to that a bit more but good stuff.

I hated the main event. Not from a match perspective as it was perfectly well-executed and Swerve does some really nifty weird things. But they just introduced him on a PPV, and he’s charismatic as anything. Give him a quick squash over someone in his debut, not a 15-minute 50/50 match with a guy who is there to put everyone else over.

I agree with all of this, although I don’t know enough about Keith Lee yet to know for sure if he could be a heel. The idea of a Bockwinkel eloquent heel is intriguing but Lee is a hoss whereas Bockwinkel was a grappler.

I’m 100% with you on that main event being a weird way to bring in Swerve after a big PPV signing. Nese has been a JTTS and getting wins of local enhancement on YouTube, which is fine and all. Also, I apparently am the only one who felt like Swerve made all of Nese’s offense look great while Nese wasn’t working well getting Swerve over. It’s my first time seeing Strickland so apparently he has a lot of convoluted moves and unnecessary rolls and flourishes so maybe that was the issue?

I gotta be honest, I really don’t care about 2022 Hardy Boyz but the fans are into it and that’s what matters.

There wasn't a lot of crossover between the indy stuff I watched and Swerve's ascent, and I don't watch WWE, so I've probably seen maybe part of one match of his until now.  I don't think he's that good.  Oooof.  I guess "swerve" means he goes one way when you expect him to go another?  In kayfabe, if that works, why doesn't everybody do it?  That would be like a football team saying "everyone expects us to go straight for the endzone, but we're actually going to go backwards!" 

Also, what is his finisher?  He did ridiculous move where he did a forward roll into a flatliner, which is up there with the Cody Cutter and Lethal Injection for me.  Then he did like a step-up basement kick to the head and then I guess what was supposed to be a flying one foot stomp, maybe?  I can tell the guy is talented but all his stuff is corny and ill-conceived.

Edited by Technico Support