DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAA BB OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Maryland has officially announced the Kevin Willard hire

I guess if you can't get Rick Pitino get the like 4th in line of his coaching tree

Is it wrong that I want this dude to fail purely based on what a horrible coach his father was?

Rutgers' Ron Harper Jr is declaring for the draft.  He's projected as a 2nd round pick.

Wichita State has three players in the transfer portal already with more possibly to come.  Gotta wonder how long Coach Brown can stick around.

Can't remember the last time I was this stoked for the Valley. Between the pre-existing parity and all the new blood coming in, the next few years should be absolute knife-fights.

I am stunned - STUNNED - that Penny Hardaway is now involved in a recruiting scandal

Memphis is reportedly facing four Level I and two Level II NCAA violations stemming from an 18-month investigation into the Tigers' men's basketball program.

The Daily Memphian obtained the notice of allegations and an amended notice of allegations from the Independent Accountability Resolution Process investigation. An infractions case involving former Memphis center James Wiseman was the first case accepted by the IARP in the spring of 2020.

Memphis head coach Penny Hardaway is the only person named in the notice of allegations, according to the report. It says Hardaway was involved in at least one of the Level I violations and the two Level II violations. The NCAA alleges Hardaway "failed to demonstrate that he promoted an atmosphere of compliance within the men's basketball program."

The Memphis Commercial Appeal, which also obtained the documents, reported that the investigation extended beyond Wiseman.

Wiseman, a No. 1 recruit who committed to play for Hardaway and Memphis during the 2019-20 season, was suspended 12 games in November 2019 for two violations: his mother accepting $11,500 from Hardaway in the summer of 2017 and Wiseman playing in three games while ineligible.

Memphis appealed the ruling, but the Division I Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement upheld the decision.

Butler has just fired Lavall Jordan.  

Of note, Butler's last game was 3 weeks ago, but they waited until today because his buyout dropped "significantly."   Plus they screw him (and his staff) over in getting new jobs. 

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Butler has just fired Lavall Jordan.  

Of note, Butler's last game was 3 weeks ago, but they waited until today because his buyout dropped "significantly."   Plus they screw him (and his staff) over in getting new jobs. 

Ah so they clearly have learned from their time being in the Big East

10 hours ago, Zimbra said:

LSU currently has 11 of their players in the transfer portal.  Add the graduating seniors and it appears they only have four players at the moment.

And I believe zero scholarship players.

Unsurprisingly - Saint Peter's Daryl Banks, Matthew Lee and Doug Edert have all entered the transfer portal

The question of course becomes - how many end up at Seton Hall

On 3/16/2022 at 5:26 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Is Georgetown really not going to fire Ewing?

Like, I know he's an all-time legend at the school, and they have him that big extension cause they happened to get hot at the right time in the conference tourney, but holy hell, they went 6-25 and 0-19 in the conference this year. They can't possibly run this back, can they?

I still can't believe he hasn't been fired

Drew Timme has declared for the NBA draft.  I think that's a mistake.  I think he could really benefit from another year in college.  He's making north of $250k already in NIL money - probably well north - and could improve his draft spot by working on his jumper and getting a little stronger.