DVDVR Message Board

Reminiscing about board member of days gone by

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Looking back on the 2022 Wrestlers Leaving Companies Thread today, Jimbo_Tsuruta is now Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta. What happened?

He asked to have his account deleted - that is how it appears when we don't want to delete the content

You will stumble across some other ghosts in the machine like that on the board if you looked hard enough

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, RIPPA said:

Yeah he was on like a week or two ago - reacted to a few posts

Marty has grown daughters.  His hands are full.  Mine sure are and I only have the one kid in college.

I miss American Balloon pimping his adventures in Japan.

I think Shootstyle Josh Zhixel got an IT gig somewhere, but I haven't seen him in person in over a decade.  He used to post to a few of the tech forums I lurked and then he vanished.

Evilclown AFAIK still works at Ft. Rucker, AL.  He is in the Global Address List.  

SatanPro used to run a Sunday afternoon Mechwarrior campaign at a gaming joint in Richmond,VA.  The gaming joint closed a couple years ago and I haven't seen him since.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Last I saw of Evilclown/Snowden, he was either having a meltdown on Twitter, just being his usual asshole self, or both. 

He's publishing books- including Schneider's Way of the Blade.  He wrote a Ken Shamrock biography that Meltzer speaks pretty highly of,

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

He posts occasionally posts some updates on Instagram - usually when he is doing family stuff

But yeah - I think he has moved on from the wrestling life since it has been about six months since he has been here or PWO.

Will and I talk somewhat regularly,  and actually we just did a couple of wrestling podcasts the past month. One was with Zellner which was a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DEAN said:

He's publishing books- including Schneider's Way of the Blade.  He wrote a Ken Shamrock biography that Meltzer speaks pretty highly of,

His Shamrock biography is the best wrestling biography I've ever read.  

Snowden has a mailing list that he (fairly) regularly sends stuff out to, mainly MMA discussion.  He's definitely very busy writing all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of great memories brought up by going through this thread.  Barnwell was a good friend for a bit there as I was getting into Soccer - very happy for his ongoing success.  The two of us watched the US/South Korea World Cup match at like 3 AM with Pete in 2002 and kept Pete's poor dog up all night.

I'll randomly bump into Schneider when I head into the office - at least, before the Pandemic started.  Married life agrees with him.  

Edited by Marcel

15 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I'll randomly bump into Schneider when I head into the office - at least, before the Pandemic started.  Married life agrees with him.  

He also split for the coast again

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn’t all the old accounts get purged in one of the board crashes?  I seem to remember having to create a new username from scratch at least once following a major crash.  Really surprised someone’s old log-in worked. 

When this version of the board started we started over from scratch - so people could go back to their old names or start anew with a new name

A lot of people signed up immediately when the new board started but didn't stick around very long

I think folks just forgot they signed up for the new board (since this version will be 10 years old next July)

• Like 2