DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/9/22

On 3/10/2022 at 9:52 PM, The Great ML said:

I hope this means they are ditching the second TNT belt. That was stupid for SG to wear two straps after the “unification match.”

re: MJF/Wardlow/TNT Title

i kinda think we might see Wardlow dominate, but as he's about to win, MJF comes out and early celebrates that he's the new TNT champion. this causes Wardlow to lose somehow (by countout while arguing with MJF?) but it's fairly ambiguous if he lost by accident or purposely so Max wouldn't get the title. 
Scorpio goes on to have a few wins to make up for his bad first showing.  i do love that there's so much speculation on how this angle progresses, especially since it relates to a title.

• Like 4

On 3/10/2022 at 11:19 PM, GodzillaPerez said:

Ultimo Dragon proved the more belts you have, the cooler you look.

Not if they're all the same lol. Ultimo would have looked like an absolute tool if he had 9 WCW Cruiserweight Titles with him. Easy math equation to follow.

Being a champion of more than one division / company = cool.

Carrying multiples of the same exact title = tool.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, twiztor said:
re: MJF/Wardlow/TNT Title

i kinda think we might see Wardlow dominate, but as he's about to win, MJF comes out and early celebrates that he's the new TNT champion. this causes Wardlow to lose somehow (by countout while arguing with MJF?) but it's fairly ambiguous if he lost by accident or purposely so Max wouldn't get the title. 
Scorpio goes on to have a few wins to make up for his bad first showing.  i do love that there's so much speculation on how this angle progresses, especially since it relates to a title.

You could do an angle where MJF wishes him luck backstage pre-match, which arouses suspicion. Wardlow then beats the answer out of Smart Mark, leading to Wardlow destroying Scorpio Sky, then dragging him on top for the pin. Scorp's streak continues, contract stip revealed as MJF winning the title if Wardlow beats Scorpio Sky. 

Wardlow going to great lengths to avoid the violent beatdown of MJF, but inevitably bringing it to heed by outsmarting him at every opportunity, sometimes unintentionally, could be fun.

• Like 1

I always felt that "No More Words" was Jeff's song since that's associated with his big WWE singles run. The stock music used was more of The Hardy Boys theme to me so it makes sense that they'd bring it back for AEW. I assume that Jeff wanted to do his own thing when he got to TNA (and all of his songs were stuff that he made right?)

Hope that Sky gets more than a week reign so he doesn't look like a dork.

• Like 1

Rewatching the show:

Looked like Hangman got his bell rung pretty nasty by Dante's leg on the bump from the Buckshot.

Love Dark Order as the lovable band of misfits...but does the perceived lack of love for Hangman push them to a charismatic leader like.....Windham Rotunda?

When Tully brings in the Briscoes to take out FTR, he needs to bring up Dax's "punk kid" like he talked about Ole's. Totally a little nod that AEW would do.

Is the Workhorsemen teaming the first time a contracted talent has teamed with a non contracted talent?

29 minutes ago, Infinit said:

When Tully brings in the Briscoes to take out FTR

Fightful reported AEW doesn't have any interest in bringing in the Briscoes. Here's what Fightful said:

... but if was confirmed to us by WarnerMedia sources that a person of influence in the company did not want the duo signed to AEW, specifically due to Jay Briscoe's homophobic tweets from 2013.

That's what i was thinking the other day. They are very talented but not worth the baggage. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Fightful reported AEW doesn't have any interest in bringing in the Briscoes. Here's what Fightful said:

That's what i was thinking the other day. They are very talented but not worth the baggage. 

Didn't see that...thank you for sharing that. I wonder if this stance will also keep the Briscoes out of the new AEW owned ROH?

Did Jay ever walk back or apologize for those tweets?

Edit: if AEW had the Briscoes on their persona non grata list, it really makes them letting FTR go to Final Battle to confront them a puzzling decision. 

Edited by Infinit

53 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Is the Workhorsemen teaming the first time a contracted talent has teamed with a non contracted talent?

When Suge D's Pineapple Pete run was finishing up, he was in a tag with Michael Nakazawa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Did Jay ever walk back or apologize for those tweets?

Yeah he apologized the next week on ROH TV according to that fightful post on patreon. Here's the whole post:

Don't expect to see the Briscoes in AEW, at least if word at WarnerMedia and among AEW talent is true.

Fightful has been told that as of prior to the ROH sale, The Briscoes weren't planned to be signed by All Elite Wrestling. It should be stated that we're not even sure of the interest on All Elite Wrestling's part, but if was confirmed to us by WarnerMedia sources that a person of influence in the company did not want the duo signed to AEW, specifically due to Jay Briscoe's homophobic tweets from 2013. Briscoe would apologize at the start of an ROH show the week after. Those that we heard from in ROH since have said that to their credit, they hadn't caused issues for the company since then. One AEW talent said they were made for television, but can't blame WarnerMedia or AEW. 

Fightful was told that as of a month ago, there are no imminent plans for FTR and The Briscoes to have a match in ROH, AEW or anywhere else for that matter, although that was before Tony Khan purchased ROH, which could have changed things. Both Briscoes and FTR are open to the idea of facing each other, and multiple promoters have indicated to Fightful that they've wanted to book the match and were willing to pay significant money by indie standards to make it happen.

We aren't sure if The Briscoes will be a part of the new Ring of Honor, which is owned by AEW. They're the current ROH World Tag Team Champions, and were scheduled to wrestle on Supercard of Honor before Tony Khan's purchase. We don't have an update on where that stands now.

• Thanks 1

Sad news.  It was obviously a shitty thing to 'tweet'.  But he apologized.  And it felt very sincere.  Not surprised a corporation would be apprehensive to their signing, but very frustrating that there are ppl so righteous that they are unable to forgive and move on.    

I know people grow, change, mellow, and all that, but the dude literally tweeted anti-gay slurs and threatened to shoot anyone who taught his kids that gay marriage is okay.  Change that to "anti-black slurs" and "interracial marriage" and nobody would bat an eye at the prospect of Jay never working again, much less being passed by one company.  He's getting off light and I say this as somebody who is pretty far left, politically, but also leery of taking away people's whole careers because of stuff like this.  You buy the ticket, you take the ride.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

the dude literally tweeted anti-gay slurs and threatened to shoot anyone who taught his kids that gay marriage is okay. 

In other words, he’d get a Road Warriors Pop at Daily’s Place.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I know people grow, change, mellow, and all that, but the dude literally tweeted anti-gay slurs and threatened to shoot anyone who taught his kids that gay marriage is okay.  Change that to "anti-black slurs" and "interracial marriage" and nobody would bat an eye at the prospect of Jay never working again, much less being passed by one company.  He's getting off light and I say this as somebody who is pretty far left, politically, but also leery of taking away people's whole careers because of stuff like this.  You buy the ticket, you take the ride.

Yes, people can grow.  There aren't any buts about it.  Jay Briscoe is an incredible talent who has long paid the price for his stupidity.  If there was no remorse I wouldn't suggest he's ready for forgiveness, but there was remose.  And it felt pretty sincere.  And we're nearly 10 fucking years on.  There's a lot of room to grow in a decade.  Forgiveness, empathy, compassion are not fashionable traits in the modern age, but as the world grows more and more divisive, and everybody is exposed for their poor decisions, things may just come back around.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

I'm not real strong on my position on this one. I see both sides of it.

Forgiveness is definitely a thing we all need more of. On the other hand, I'm not so sure someone so strong in their beliefs that they say they will shoot people that teach their kids gay marriage exists is ever going to actually learn or grow. How does anyone know if he's remorseful or his stance has changed at all? Don't mistake silence with regret. He may not regret what he said at all. He just hasn't spoke about it in 10 years.

Jay Briscoe is talented as hell. It's a shame he lost opportunities. But there are hundreds of talented guys that never even got to be in Jay's position in the first place. I wouldn't be offended if they gave him a second shot. But I also wont lose any sleep if they choose not to roll the dice on him either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1