DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/9/22

I think they can deal with the Mox/Regal thing pretty easily - Danielson is everything that Regal SHOULD have been while Mox was going down the same dark path that Regal did.

Regal knows that kind words and a pat on the head aren't going to have any sway in Moxley's mind. He's a man of action:

"When I when to the ring to confront Moxley, did I use words? Nooo sunshine. I headbutt him, painted myself with his blood and let him know that if he wanted my help he was going to bloody well earn it. People think I disrespected Jon last week because I didn't shower him with praise. That's not Jon Moxley. I praise Jon by slapping him 'round the ear and letting him unleash his dark demons on the AEW roster. You think you've seen violence from Jon Moxley... *laughs to himself* Just you wait and see. You've all been warned: Step up or be stepped on."

• Like 4

Didn’t hear any real sentiment in the Regal promo shared here, yes he gave more credence to Danielson but he is more closely identified with Danielson. No real negativity or bad body language to Moxley. Having taken pains to pair the two and having already had a no-stakes singles bout, they won’t blow these two off yet. The money is in Moxley doing what Danielson couldn’t and beating Hangman down the line (feel good story after substance-absence), then having the split occur there and the two face for the titles. 

As a note to the above - there is absolutely no chance of MJF taking the title in any foreseeable future if they kick the Wardlow program off now (he also won’t go over Wardlow at the end of it, which creates its own dilemas).

1 hour ago, Log said:

C'mon.  Matt's been a dick for a while now.  Jeff was probably letting him take a few extra shots to teach him a lesson.  Like, if my brother is going around being an asshole (I don't have a brother), and he gets in a fight.  I'd let the guys get a couple shots in so that he maybe isn't such an asshole in the future, but then I'd jump in.

I was applauding from home Sting and Darby with the slow walk for that reason.  

• Like 1

No photo description available.

Tony saying "The handle is the hardest part of the bat" got a chuckle out of me.

Also swerve saying "who was gonna interrupt my promo" did as well

Loved the stand by match. Someone here suggested that a while back and it happened.

Hope Hangman doesn't go back to the bucks. DO showed him what real friendship looks like

• Like 5

I’m assuming the timing issue is why he praised Mox less. Given the context of the promo it seemed like he was going to relate himself to Mox over fighting his demons and still being a crazy asskicker. He was likely waved to wrap it up. I’m sure the sweet moment thanking Tony ate into his segment time and got caught up in the moment.

The Jeff dancing thing isn’t actually a big deal, but the memes are hilarious. I laughed hard at @The Natural’s Monster Inc one. 

1 hour ago, A_K said:

As a note to the above - there is absolutely no chance of MJF taking the title in any foreseeable future if they kick the Wardlow program off now (he also won’t go over Wardlow at the end of it, which creates its own dilemas).

Just quoting this so it's easy to find for next week's Dynamite thread. Carry on lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was shocked when I heard Regal was 53, I guess he’s always had a very “old timey” type of look and presentation which made him come off as much older.

I mean he was only 29 in that infamous Golderg match, actually younger than Goldberg.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, eikerir said:

I was shocked when I heard Regal was 53, I guess he’s always had a very “old timey” type of look and presentation which made him come off as much older.

I mean he was only 29 in that infamous Golderg match, actually younger than Goldberg.

That blew my mind too. Here's hoping Sting gave him his orthopedist's card.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, eikerir said:

I don't know if you've read his autobiography but one thing that made him look older was the drug he was on. Can't remember the exact name but it was something like Somas but not exactly Somas IIRC. He said it made him super bloated and look really awful and old when he was really bad off in WCW.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

I don't know if you've read his autobiography but one thing that made him look older was the drug he was on. Can't remember the exact name but it was something like Somas but not exactly Somas IIRC. He said it made him super bloated and look really awful and old when he was really bad off in WCW.

I haven't read it but I think i saw an excerpt - he may have been talking about Renutrient which was like a GHB-precursor you could get at GNC at the time. Was Regals book the one where he talks about getting real messed up and watching Nickelodeon while high on it? I think it was also involved in that bad car accident Eddy got in on new years Eve that year

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I haven't read it but I think i saw an excerpt - he may have been talking about Renutrient which was like a GHB-precursor you could get at GNC at the time. Was Regals book the one where he talks about getting real messed up and watching Nickelodeon while high on it? I think it was also involved in that bad car accident Eddy got in on new years Eve that year

Yeah that's it. Renutrient. I thought it was like a Soma but now that you mention it, it was a GHB knock-off.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Her biggest claim to fame was being the judo woman that tossed Murr around on an Impractical Jokers punishment. You know, a legit sporting endevour that wouldn't sully the reputation she has built up over time.

Two Olympic gold medals in judo. Harrison's talent level is ridiculous, it's just that she's getting biggish paydays by beating scrubs in a relatively minor league for the time being.  Safe and easy money.

On the topic of PVZ: I get the idea behind putting her with Tay Conti with them both having legit backgrounds, and I also acknowledge 1) that Conti's improved tremendously and 2) she's an unequivocally better choice than Brandi Rhodes, but part of me thinks it's a little bit risky not putting her in there with someone who is a little more seasoned Not in the sense that she's going to be injured or anything like that, but there's always the potential for it to go off the rails. They definitely have a lot of faith/trust in Conti. This also could always end up as a mixed tag of some sort, I read that Sammy/Tay teamed or are soon teaming on a AAA show

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

On the topic of PVZ: I get the idea behind putting her with Tay Conti with them both having legit backgrounds, and I also acknowledge 1) that Conti's improved tremendously and 2) she's an unequivocally better choice than Brandi Rhodes, but part of me thinks it's a little bit risky not putting her in there with someone who is a little more seasoned Not in the sense that she's going to be injured or anything like that, but there's always the potential for it to go off the rails. They definitely have a lot of faith/trust in Conti. This also could always end up as a mixed tag of some sort, I read that Sammy/Tay teamed or are soon teaming on a AAA show

Conti and Anna Jay got the most out of the AEW COVID shutdown as far as reps on the woman's side; and it shows today.  I hope PVZ gets time with Dustin too

• Like 1

Another pretty great Dynamite. Awesome finishing sequence to Hangman/Dante. Loved the idea of the "stand by match" taking place afterwards. Amazing promo from Regal. Really fun tag title match.

Huge pop for the epic Jeff Hardy debut. Surprised to see them get the Hardyz theme as I figured, like the Impact days, they'd use one of Jeff's songs since he did all his own themes there and made a new one each year of his run. "Obsolete" during the Broken Hardyz run was the best. Excited for all the potential Hardyz matches now. 

Scorpio Sky's never done much for me, but I expected the title change here. They talk up him being unbeaten for a year, but the first thing that comes to mind for me is still him losing to Shawn Spears on late night Dynamite way back when. Funny that Sky's last loss was the TNT title shot he got for winning the Face of the Revolution last year and now he wins the title without that and is the one defending against the new face of the revolution. Personally would love a Wardlow squash next week but definitely don't see that happening. Speaking of, thought Wardlow did pretty well for his first big promo time. Paige/Tay seems like a natural perfect feud. Paige signing her contract on Tay was a solid visual to end the show. Two more awesome signings to this incredible roster this week.

Definitely looking forward to next week. Britt/Thunder in the cage, one year since my favorite match of last year, will hopefully be epic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1