DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/9/22

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

What about Tully and Wardlow? I hate to be negative, but I wasn't feeling his promo tonight. Not so much his delivery per se, but the whole conceit was a little WWE for me. I think brevity and intensity is his friend. He and Tully could develop a Jake/Archer or Harley/Vader style dynamic pretty easily.

I’m pretty sure it was his first promo in front of a live tv crowd, and he kind of sounded like a guy imitating other people he’d heard cutting promos. But I think he’ll get better and “find his voice” with more experience.

• Like 5

So the thinking seems to be that MJF will cost Wardlow next week but what if he interferes to HELP Wardlow?

I could see us getting a few weeks of MJF then trying to keep Wardlow onside while simultaneously putting him in his place and Wardlow just wrecking everything to try and get rid of this turd that will not flush. MJF then convinces Wardlow to put the TNT title on the line and we have the match. 

Tonight was freaking fantastic. What a way to reload after a PPV!

I had to take a call during the Wardlow interview, and everything I saw was soooo good. Hangman cosigning Dante. Inner Circle 2.0. Regal and the Lads. JEFF HARDY. Fire tag title match. And a title change!  Plus Rosa and PAC. 

DOPE AF ?

• Like 3

MJF costs him the match and fires him on the spot, only for Tony Kahn to hire him the next week? 

Regal is a talker man, he, with a quickened pace, sent me on an emotional rollercoaster.  I just dream of Claudio Castagnoli and Samoa Joe joining this squad of relentless ass kickers.  What a crew of world beaters that would be!

Tully Blanchard brings in The Briscoes for revenge against FTR firing them? Uh, yes please.  Is it too soon to bring in Ric Flair for FTR?

Hoping we get maybe a Page-Cole TV match down the road, but someone else (maybe Kenny Omega returns to side with the Bucks against the Paragon?) Distracts Cole in the meantime.

Happy to see Scorpio Sky finally win a big one, I was expecting the trigger to be pulled when he wrestled Cody Rhodes for the title, but this is a good time for him.  Looking forward to a Scorpio Sky-Swerve Strickland match. 

Wow at AEW retaining the Hardy Boys ORIGINAL WWF theme music, just wow.  That pop was huge, and to be back in the ring with Sting for the first time since the "incident" was epic. 

Still waiting on Miro to return by attacking Adam Page. 

Max Caster's clever wordplay was on point tonight.  Probably one of his better verses imo.

Edited by ChrisPBacon
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, ChrisPBacon said:

MJF costs him the match and fires him on the spot, only for Tony Kahn to hire him the next week? 

Imagine MJF saying that Wardlow had a 90 day no compete ?

Ps. Fucking LOVE your Tully and the Briscoes idea! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

What about Tully and Wardlow? I hate to be negative, but I wasn't feeling his promo tonight. Not so much his delivery per se, but the whole conceit was a little WWE for me. I think brevity and intensity is his friend. He and Tully could develop a Jake/Archer or Harley/Vader style dynamic pretty easily.

It's a good idea. Wardlow needs a talker until he gets better, Tully needs a job. Perfect fit.

• Like 3

Thunder Rosa, to use a sports phrase, got hot at the right time. She damn near saved aews womens division during the pandemic when many of the women were injured or quarantined overseas. She’s been coasting a bit since then. I hope she beats Britt next week but she shouldn’t hold the belt too long.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yay, somebody there was reading this!  Huzzah!  I know this had nothing to do with anything but just roll with it.

Tons of great stuff going on in this episode but the highlights by far were Eddie's promo and everything related to Mox/Danielson/Regal.  Both brought the real stuff and it not only made you care but it also tied in quite well with everything else going on.  Eddie in particularly mentioning the four people he met at the FanFest was incredibly heavy.  And Regal recognizing the mistakes he made while wanting to make sure the best of his legacy lives on in Mox and Danielson was impactful and made perfect sense.  I'm so very happy with the table setting going on and can't wait to see all this play out.

Absolutely.  The socially redeemable themes happening week in and week out are unparalleled.  The honesty and emotion is so very welcomed.  They’re making history on this weekly pro wrestling broadcast.

• Like 2

Given the diversity furore on Twitter, Wardlow will not be winning the title next week. A 1 week humiliation reign is not going to happen here.

Surprised WWE don't have that Hardy music on lock. Its one of the most recognisable entrance tracks there is.

Acclaimed should have won the title. Shit-talking Acclaimed like an early 00s E&C getting through each defence with cunning & cowardice then facing Danielson + Moxley and trying to talk/scheme their way out of a title defence was the money angle.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, ChrisPBacon said:

Tully Blanchard brings in The Briscoes for revenge against FTR firing them? Uh, yes please.  Is it too soon to bring in Ric Flair for FTR?

Arn needs something to do now. Arn w/ FTR vs. Briscoes w/ Tully. Sexual. Still not sure how you bring them in though after the homophobic shit Jay spouted. 

edit: Wardlow an eloquent motherfucker, just not sure he should be. Hopefully after he got that off his chest, he is a little more to the point. His delivery was pretty confident and he's got a good voice, just too much. Get to the point, son.

Also also, lol at bitchy JR and Tony finally kind of just a lil reacting to it after the national geographic line.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I hate to break it to you guys but Wardlow ain’t winning next week.

My first thought when Wardlow won the Face Of The Revolution match and then left MJF hanging was that Scorpio would win followed by Wardlow getting a Diesel vs Backlund style victory. Hopefully Scorpio gets a few defenses in before dropping it. 

Edited by evidence

Haven't read all the replies yet but I just got back from the show and I had a blast. The friend I brought with me literally hadn't seen a wrestling show since Macho Man in the 80s and he had a blast. We were bummed Orange didn't wrestle but I showed him clips of the ladder match and he understood. I was pleasantly surprised to see Hangman defend the title and to see Jurassic Express defend against my favorite tag team The Acclaimed. Was amped to finally see Mox and Brian wrestle for the first time in person. AEW's live events are just like the PPVs, hardly a chance to find time to pee without missing something.  And Hardy Boy reunion! First show since the 06 Rumble and I'm still so happy I like wrestling again. Hopefully they come back around soon because my buddy wants to bring his kids next time.

• Like 9

Rewatched Regals speech, and I am now convinced, Mox is being played, and Regal/Danielson will somehow turn on him causing a rematch and maybe, hopefully, probably adding Samoa Joe in the mix.  Regal spent 15 minutes putting Danielson over and 15 seconds giving Mox his roses.  No coincidence detected.

• Like 9