DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/9/22

7 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Jeff Hardy is still vertical and mobile still is a testament to something. 

Back in 2002 or something, one of you guys wrote something like "2005, Matt Hardy, world champion. Jeff Hardy, wheelchair." Yet they still stalk the earth. It boggles the mind. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Not sure why they made Thunder Rosa look so weak after a phantom pin AND submission against the champ at the PPV, and a week before what looks to finally be her title win, but they sure made her look weak.

Rosa‘s kinda low key not been good at all in her recent matches. Honestly neither has Britt. I hope they pull it off next week, but they’re in a rut.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Put those idiot fans who were yelling "What" during Kingston's promo on a rocket and fire it directly into the sun.

Other than that, I loved the show!  Probably like half a dozen segments where I was legitimately interested in seeing the next step in the story.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Hmmm...since it seemed to work last time....

I dunno guys, only a couple matches announced sounds like a pretty weak show.  I think this will make for a disappointing rating unless they come up with something else.

C'mon, TK, you know what to do, right?  Hello?  Tony?  Harrington?  CP Munk?  Dare I say FSW?  Okay, not really him but if ya know the joke you get it.

Yay, somebody there was reading this!  Huzzah!  I know this had nothing to do with anything but just roll with it.

Tons of great stuff going on in this episode but the highlights by far were Eddie's promo and everything related to Mox/Danielson/Regal.  Both brought the real stuff and it not only made you care but it also tied in quite well with everything else going on.  Eddie in particularly mentioning the four people he met at the FanFest was incredibly heavy.  And Regal recognizing the mistakes he made while wanting to make sure the best of his legacy lives on in Mox and Danielson was impactful and made perfect sense.  I'm so very happy with the table setting going on and can't wait to see all this play out.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

Rosa‘s kinda low key not been good at all in her recent matches. Honestly neither has Britt. I hope they pull it off next week, but they’re in a rut.

Hot take maybe? but Rosa has never been all that great.

• Like 4

I am a wrestling fan today because I found Bret Hart/123 Kid on tv while flipping through channels at my grandmas house. That Hanger/Dante match gave me that same vibe. Not as long but a comparable story.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

Always hard to know how much of the tape and wrap is for real, but she’s been wrestling a lot and seems to be nursing multiple injuries. I also don’t think her and Hirsch were a very good match as far as styles and postitioning.

Hats off to @PetrolCB. "2 Gold Scorpio" is better than "Transitional Sky" which is what I was going to go with.

Did not see that title change coming! Guess the Universe put its own twist on what @JLowe was manifesting!

Not big on "Jericho Appreciation Society" as a unit name. Very much looking forward to Jericho, ripped Hager, Garcia, Terrance, and Phillip (why not "Inner Circle 2.0?") vs Kingston, Santana, Ortiz, maybe Sammy? etc. (Outer Circle?) Wargames and Guts match. 

Finish sequence to Page vs Dante was some very swank pro wrestling.

Regal choking up a little. Danielson choking up a little... Gordlow choking up a little.

i really hope "Uncle Tony" brings in Finlay for a one-off. Bryan, Mox, Regal vs Finlay and, say, Bear Country? I'm sending it out into the Universe. Come on, Law of Attraction!!

What's next for Arn and Tully?

Darby's expression! He's all "Papa Nero! I knew you'd come!" That was sweet. Not too sweet, though. Just sweet enough.

Tony " has abs" Nese as his first opponent? What is this? Some kind of swerve?

LOVED the Jurassic Device!!

Legit Leyla and JD Drake on Dynamite. *contented sigh*

Edit: Damn near forgot aboot PAC vs Wheeler! 

Kingston also got me a little choked up.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Probably the beers talking but in 32 years of being a fan and watching every televised show I could, that was a great pro wrestling show. I loved every minute of it. Everything lead to something exciting and this should be used as an amazing example of a rebuild show after a PPV. It started new feuds and stories, all that I'm interested in. Brilliant. Seriously up there as one of the best 2 hour shows I've ever seen. 

Edited by GodzillaPerez
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

What about Tully and Wardlow? I hate to be negative, but I wasn't feeling his promo tonight. Not so much his delivery per se, but the whole conceit was a little WWE for me. I think brevity and intensity is his friend. He and Tully could develop a Jake/Archer or Harley/Vader style dynamic pretty easily.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

What about Tully and Wardlow? I hate to be negative, but I wasn't feeling his promo tonight. Not so much his delivery per se, but the whole conceit was a little WWE for me. I think brevity and intensity is his friend. He and Tully could develop a Jake/Archer or Harley/Vader style dynamic pretty easily.

I’m pretty sure it was his first promo in front of a live tv crowd, and he kind of sounded like a guy imitating other people he’d heard cutting promos. But I think he’ll get better and “find his voice” with more experience.

• Like 5

Tonight was freaking fantastic. What a way to reload after a PPV!

I had to take a call during the Wardlow interview, and everything I saw was soooo good. Hangman cosigning Dante. Inner Circle 2.0. Regal and the Lads. JEFF HARDY. Fire tag title match. And a title change!  Plus Rosa and PAC. 

DOPE AF ?

• Like 3