DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/9/22

As far as I'm aware, only two matches (and rwo segments) have been announced:

Sammy vs Scorpio Title vs Streak match

Legit Leyla vs Thunder Rosa Winner Subsequently Beats DMD For the Belt in a Cage match

Chris Jericho "addresses" Eddie Kingston

The very pretty blonde MMA lady signs her AEW contract, presumably including Dan Lambert somehow upsetting all of the pro wrestling grandpas by speaking on their behalf (which is a thing that I still find consistently entertaining).

Lots of room for us to ask for some other nice treat of a match to fill out the show!

Although, really, I am kinda full already. Hot damn that was one great PPV. Plus: Have you seen Ishii vs Shngo from night 2 of the New Japan Cup yet? This really has been a great week for fans of harrowingly stiff professional wrestling (like me. i am a fan of that).

Also: Am I the only one who sets themself up with "snacks" for Dynamite? I can't possibly be! I picked up 2 microwavable soups from 7-11 on my way home from work. Miso with pork and veg, and Korean style ginseng chicken soup. Japanese convenience stores are incredible! I also have some nice brown-spotted bananas and a couple of smoked chicken breasts. And a discount sports drink called Jungle Man.

i guess we'll get some fallout from the PPV and maybe the start of some new programs building to the next big card. I wonder if Swerve will wrestle. 

What do all y'all wanna see?

EDIT:  Reportedly, we'll be getting something new from Matt Hardy as well. Some are speculating about, maybe, Jeff showing up. 

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5

I want to see more of Regal and his violent idiot sons.

I think we need to see Top Flight in a regular tag match, maybe time to start a program with 2.0 or Ass Boys?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The tag battle royal felt like it was kicking off some new feuds.  P&P vs 2.0 and FTR vs Red Dragon.

I want FTR vs ReDRagon but I suspect we're going to get Bucks vs ReDRagon. Which, in some ways is fine because it means the rest of the tag teams have a chance to be built up as challengers while the Elite factions are occupied with each other.

• Like 2

I think we might get a lil Top Flight/FTR program while ReDRagon and the Bucks are occupied with each other.

Team No Flips vs Team Yes, Very Much Flips

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 8

37 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I want to see more of Regal and his violent idiot sons.

Now I'm picturing Regal as Bill Murray's Herman Blume in Rushmore and Mox/Danielson as his twin sons, Ronny and Donny.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'll be at this show and hope we rock the house. Wish there were some more matches announced but not surprising as it's the first show after Revolution. I keep seeing Jeff Hardy rumors and that would be pretty cool. The main battle will be my freshly herniated discs sitting in one of those uncomfortable arena chairs. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I think we might get a lil Top Flight/FTR program while ReDRagon and the Bucks are occupied with each other.

Team No Flips vs Team Yes, Very Much Flips

No flips, just fists vs no fists, just flips (to borrow another poster's name)

• Like 3

Hmmm...since it seemed to work last time....

I dunno guys, only a couple matches announced sounds like a pretty weak show.  I think this will make for a disappointing rating unless they come up with something else.

C'mon, TK, you know what to do, right?  Hello?  Tony?  Harrington?  CP Munk?  Dare I say FSW?  Okay, not really him but if ya know the joke you get it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

No flips, just fists vs no fists, just flips (to borrow another poster's name)

Which one?

I hope we get some development on Grapple Boys United (TM). Danielson & Mox squashing the shit out of 2.0 while Garcia watches. Then Regal just says to Garcia you know who you belong with. And all 4 walk out together. Gonna be dope when they win the tag titles and defend them under the super violent grapple boy freebird rule.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StevieNippz said:

I'll be at this show and hope we rock the house. Wish there were some more matches announced but not surprising as it's the first show after Revolution. I keep seeing Jeff Hardy rumors and that would be pretty cool. The main battle will be my freshly herniated discs sitting in one of those uncomfortable arena chairs. 

Enjoy, fella!

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

I want FTR vs ReDRagon but I suspect we're going to get Bucks vs ReDRagon. Which, in some ways is fine because it means the rest of the tag teams have a chance to be built up as challengers while the Elite factions are occupied with each other.

The latter feud might be the only way to make the Bucks faces in my eyes. Fish & O'Reilly's crimes against orthography make them the biggest heels in the business.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gordlow said:

The very pretty blonde MMA lady signs her AEW contract,

Damn I got excited that you were talking about Marina Shafir. Is she All Elite© yet? She should be. 

Hoping for the implosion of AHFO leading to the return of the Hardy Boyz like it was 1999.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

Damn I got excited that you were talking about Marina Shafir. Is she All Elite© yet? She should be. 

Hoping for the implosion of AHFO leading to the return of the Hardy Boyz like it was 1999.

She's been winning matches on the Youtube shows so I would guess yes.

5 hours ago, Gordlow said:

Lots of room for us to ask for some other nice treat of a match to fill out the show!

Also: Am I the only one who sets themself up with "snacks" for Dynamite? I can't possibly be! I picked up 2 microwavable soups from 7-11 on my way home from work. Miso with pork and veg, and Korean style ginseng chicken soup. Japanese convenience stores are incredible! I also have some nice brown-spotted bananas and a couple of smoked chicken breasts. And a discount sports drink called Jungle Man.

Some sort of combination, give or take, of hummus, crackers, toast, strawberry jam, aged cheddar, peanut butter/chocolate larabar, and a refreshment featuring Cherries, bananas and 'vanilla' almond milk.  

Expecting a Hardy reunion tonight.  Hoping for Claudio, but i suspect that might be on the backburner.  Also, expecting and hoping to see more of Swerve.  Very excited for the power and beautiful glory of Paige Vanzant!  I think, looking to the Sky, we might see an upset title victory.  Rosa over Leyla.  And somehow, blame it on Eddie, I'm really stoked for a Jericho talk segment!  Evil Lionheart, so happy to have you back!   

And as exciting as any combination of performers I've ever seen: Moxley... Danielson... and Regal!

4 hours ago, Log said:

Now I'm picturing Regal as Bill Murray's Herman Blume in Rushmore and Mox/Danielson as his twin sons, Ronny and Donny.

'Dad, get your head out of your ass!'  

Bert Fischer: Are you fond of that mustache, Mr. Blume?

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Post-PPV reset show, so I won't be surprised if this episode is chasing the record for number of promos that get interrupted before they can start in earnest.

Doubt it happens tonight, but I'm excited to see if we get in deep enough with this Bryan/Mox stuff that they get a proper team entrance eventually. Hope we get a Regal promo. 

• Like 4