DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/7 - 3/13/2022

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

buenas_noches-DMID1-5g6y2fym4-480x204.gi

I'm sure everyone is going to handle this ... well. 

And was that a Mutoh Lock Charlotte had there?  

This is me every time WWE does something stupid and nonsensical like changing Pete Dunne's name to Butch and knowing that they'll keep on making a shit ton of money because of Saudi deals and what not

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it-fed-up

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

NXT Stand & Deliver has sold 3,286 tickets so far, out of the 5,059 set-up. 

That's actually better than I would've guessed.

With the amount of other wrestling events that weekend and the cost of actual Mania tickets* and the fact that NXT 2.0 has nobody on the roster I'd consider a "must see" star from an indie perspective, I can't really understand the appeal. 

* I'm guessing that most people going to Stand and Deliver or that are coming in from out of town are also going to at least one night of Mania so tacking on an additional $50 minimum for an NXT show on top of an already-very-expensive weekend just seems crazy unless you literally have absolutely no budget to worry about. 

51 minutes ago, DMJ said:

That's actually better than I would've guessed.

With the amount of other wrestling events that weekend and the cost of actual Mania tickets* and the fact that NXT 2.0 has nobody on the roster I'd consider a "must see" star from an indie perspective, I can't really understand the appeal. 

* I'm guessing that most people going to Stand and Deliver or that are coming in from out of town are also going to at least one night of Mania so tacking on an additional $50 minimum for an NXT show on top of an already-very-expensive weekend just seems crazy unless you literally have absolutely no budget to worry about. 

Several other reasons why tickets are selling out for that show; the WWE and NXT brand power combined, with whomsoever watches the show left seeking to attend, and some people from over the world buying tickets.

2 hours ago, DMJ said:

Conversely, if you're already paying to go see Mania, with travel, accommodations, and tickets for the show itself, what's another $50? One less shirt at the merch stand and one less beer during Happy Corbin's match?

9 hours ago, DMJ said:

Generally speaking, no one going to Mania weekend has any budget to worry about. Almost no one there is local, and is there with the intent of going to multiple shows, conventions, and doing other touristy things. I was fortunate enough to go a few times, and each one ran me over a couple thousand easily. Especially 31 in San Francisco.

That said, you'd have to pay me a couple thousand to go to any Mania in the past 5 years.

15 hours ago, kafkonia said:

Conversely, if you're already paying to go see Mania, with travel, accommodations, and tickets for the show itself, what's another $50? One less shirt at the merch stand and one less beer during Happy Corbin's match?

Id be wary of giving up that beer during Happy Corbin's match because if you don't have it, you'll have to watch a Happy Corbin match.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

There was a time iirc when overhead belly to bellys were actually banned in WWE, unless you were Kurt Angle or Scott Steiner.

Which basically meant that Tazz was the only one who wasn't allowed to do it.

• Like 1