DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/7 - 3/13/2022

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

so what's the WWE norm for handling a guy who injured someone else during a match these days, is it "turn the move into a killer move" or "punish the guy who did the move"?

In a twist, perhaps it’s going into “goddamn pal why are we hiring all these wrestlers with no prior experience? It’s not safe” mode, less than a year after taking a hard turn the other direction.

Big E needs to get outa this business. He's one of the most charismatic people on earth and should be able to make bank as a t.v. personality who just hosts stuff.

In fact, the world needs Big E. as host of Good Morning America more than it needs the entire wrestling business.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Morganti said:

I backed his kickstater for our heroes rock.  I hope it takes off and he and the rest of the new day get out of wrestling and into other forms of entertainment

If movies today were a bit more like the 80s we should have had a series of hijinks comedies out of them by now where they play three slackers who get into trouble but end up ruining some rich person's evil plan by accident Three Stooges or Bob & Doug McKenzie style.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Morganti said:

I backed his kickstater for our heroes rock.  I hope it takes off and he and the rest of the new day get out of wrestling and into other forms of entertainment

I'm in full support of that and would be thrilled if Xavier was the permanent host of G4's "Attack of the Show"  He's so effortlessly good and if the channel and money took off I would make that happen  ASAP.

• Like 1

That was a sick landing for E, It would be much worse if he didn't have the neck strength he has. It's another case of how wrestlers doing neck Bridges keeps these types of injuries from being worse like the Tyson Kidd injury as bad as that was

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I don't know if Holland doesn't know how to really do it or just thought he was strong enough but that looked like a bad idea from the beginning 

Not the first time he’s dropped someone on their head in disgusting fashion. Gargano was fortunate to escape a similar fate a while back. I think Holland is just not a very safe wrestler.

Best wishes to Big E.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Not the first time he’s dropped someone on their head in disgusting fashion. Gargano was fortunate to escape a similar fate a while back. I think Holland is just not a very safe wrestler.

Best wishes to Big E.

Yeah, I thought Ridge Holland had a previous with Johnny Gargano. Sucks seeing Big E suffer. Best wishes go out to Big E.

Edited by The Natural

I just want one Gunther vs Butch match in NXT.  Not only because it will be awesome but just the idea of people 20 years from now doing Between the Sheets like show recapping that week and thinking "Who the fuck was Gunther vs Butch" and people shocked that it was WALTER vs Pete Dunne

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

so what's the WWE norm for handling a guy who injured someone else during a match these days, is it "turn the move into a killer move" or "punish the guy who did the move"?

Well, when Ricochet broke Holland's nose a little while back they showed about 78 replays of it for weeks after the fact.

Not to make light of the situation, but I'm honestly surprised he hasn't done this already with the spear through the ropes. Which is something I doubt he'll be doing again in the future. Then again watch him come back stronger than ever and the crowd utterly loses their minds for him doing it.

12 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

In a twist, perhaps it’s going into “goddamn pal why are we hiring all these wrestlers with no prior experience? It’s not safe” mode, less than a year after taking a hard turn the other direction.

I wish man. But this is what they want. (Obviously not the injury). They want people who are taught to punch a clock and not question creative. That's the real motivator behind this. Wrestlers that grew up fans of the business have thoughts and opinions on what they are told to do. Former Rugby players don't have those same strong thoughts & opinions. You tell Cody Rhodes his gimmick is to wear suspenders, strange hats, and make dumb jokes he's not gonna like it. Riddick Moss is gonna be like sure thing boss where's the hat room for me to pick some out.

I had forgotten about Holland hurting Gargano. Man he just has an unlucky aura around him. He had his own gnarly broken ankle. Plus almost breaking Gargano's neck. And now breaking Big E's neck. If it's me he's getting sent back to NXT. Accidents happen. But he needs to have an injury free year or two before I'd put anymore trust in him.

• Thanks 1

I want Big E to be my dad. Dude doesn't even show a flare of not being nonchalant and patient after someone breaks is neck, imagine how chill he would be if you just, like, broke a dish at dinner.

Yeah. Be my big Daddy, Big E. 

That sounds like a normal thing to say to a man, right?

• Haha 2

There’s a lot of concern trolling about dangerous spots in AEW and the indies, but the biggest wrestling company in the world always has to have at least one big goon on the main roster named like Lurch Amsterdam or something who routinely nearly kills themself or someone else doing the basics. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Guessing the latter with how loved Big E is and Johnny Gargano.

13 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

E for Price is Right host

I never knew how much I needed to hear Big E calling the Cliffhanger game, trolling people for losing at Plinko and telling us to get our pets spayed and neutered before but now I do. Imagine Big E doing this.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3