DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAB: MADNESS~!

Dolfan in NYC

FGCU's women's team was the only game I got wrong in the women's tournament today.

Men's bracket is very bad. If Wisconsin wins, I get 21 correct. Since the bracket already sucks, this means I am pulling for Colgate.

It appears I overestimated Baylor by having them losing in the Sweet 16 instead of losing to the most underrated UNC team ever

Like UNC was being talked about like they were on the bubble until they beat Duke. It's like if the Rolling Stones made an album that would have been a career defining album for any other band but it was only the 8th best Stones album.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well so much for North Carolina dominating as they have been outscored 30-9 lately.   Doesn't help that UNC is dealing serious foul issues and an extremely questionable ejection

nice to see Tim Donaghy making a comeback in the college officiating ranks though

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

nice to see Tim Donaghy making a comeback in the college officiating ranks though

Now that sports gambling is legal pretty much everywhere I wonder how long it'll be before we start finding out about all the point shaving and match fixing,

Now the other #1 team Kansas is struggling only up 1 to Creighton.   Starting to think that maybe the Big East isn't as awful as I thought it was

But it looks like they are going to survive.  But barely

Edited by hammerva

Also, maybe I just don't remember/never noticed before, but it seems weird to me that three of the number 1 seeds played Thursday/Saturday and only one on Friday/Sunday instead of having them split evenly.

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am probably wrong but it seems like it a huge deal that Chris Webber was rooting for his team today against Tennessee.  Maybe that bridge got rebuilt years ago

It's been an ongoing healing for a few years, Webber came back a few years ago, and I think him and Jalen finally buried the hatchet last year.

35 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Also, maybe I just don't remember/never noticed before, but it seems weird to me that three of the number 1 seeds played Thursday/Saturday and only one on Friday/Sunday instead of having them split evenly.

It's weird to me as well but I think they did it that way so they can give Duke so much focus Friday/Sunday. 

St. Peter’s making the Sweet 16 is the biggest Cinderella story in the NCAA since Loyola’s run after Hank Gathers. This is just unbelievable. They are such a well-coached team. They are a really good defensive team and their offensive sets are as good as anyone’s. What a team. 

• Like 1