DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT!- SACRIFICE- 3/5/2021

The Countdown to Sacrifice has like the two matches I most wanted to see.  Lady Frost and Giselle Shaw have a really good match.  I haven't watched the Rich Swann/Willie Mack vs Matt Taven/Mike Bennett yet, but I can only assume that it's good.

• Like 1

Whoops didn't see you already made the thread! (Delete mine whenever possible)

Preshow matches were short and solid, didn't expect either result there. Trey/Jake was a great X Division opener. My reaction was fuuuuuuuuck nooooo when Maclin turned on Rhino, destroying my hopes for Maclin's babyface future but I can dig Maclin being DTA Dont Trust Anybody too. The crowd responding with a chant of "Fuck You Maclin" was amusing. Influence/IInspiration was fun as they finally got to deliver and a surprise title change. Both teams looked good. Jonah/PCO was insanity. PCO still rules, loved the super frankensteiner. Had me wanting PCO to win even though I knew he wouldn't, but I'm glad the ending was fitting as Jonah had to really try to kill PCO to beat him. 

Great to see Shelley back - awesome match! Result never in doubt but still managed a couple killer near falls. Always love watching Deonna in action, good stuff here.

TASHA STEELZ! Another excellent match following up last month's match and a great finish here. Well deserved moment for an absolute breakout star.  Definitely did not expect the tag titles change here. 

Solid main event. Figured Josh would be back soon and that story would pick up where they left off.  Another very good overall show with lots of happenings.

Full results: 

Spoiler

*Digital Exclusive Match: Speedball Mike Bailey def. Aiden Prince

*Preshow Match: Lady Frost def. Gisele Shaw (5:57) with the Frostbite moonsault. 

*Preshow Match: Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. Honor No More (Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) (7:45) when Swann pinned Bennett with a sunset flip.  Maria Kanellis did commentary.

Impact Wrestling Sacrifice 2022 - March 5, 2022 - from Louisville, KY

*Trey Miguel(c) def. Jake Something (10:32) after Meteora to retain the X Division Championship

*Eddie Edwards (w/ Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Kenny King, & Vincent) def. Rhino (w/ Rich Swann, Willie Mack, & Chris Sabin) (8:49) with the Boston Knee Party after Steve Maclin interfered and first laid out Eddie but then hit Rhino with a kendo stick.

*The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood) def. The IInspiration (Cassie Lee & Jessie McKay)(c) (10:24) to WIN the Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championships when Tenille pinned Cassie after Kaleb with a K threw in one of the titles which Tenille used to hit Cassie. 

*W. Morrissey went after Brian Myers at ringside and tried to powerbomb him through a table, but Myers escaped, so Morrissey put a security guard through the table instead.

*Jonah def. PCO (11:34) with the Tsunami Splash following a Tombstone on the steel steps and a powerbomb off the steps to the floor.

*Jay White def. Alex Shelley (18:49) after the Blade Runner. After the match, Shelley offered a handshake but White laughed at him and left.

*Deonna Purrazzo(c) def. Chelsea Green (8:23) via armbar submission to retain the ROH Women's Championship. After the match, Deonna refused to break until Mickie James chased her off and checked on Chelsea.

*Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) def. Mickie James(c) (14:11) with a mid-air cutter after interference from Savannah, to WIN the knockouts championship.

*Violent by Design (Eric Young & Joe Doering w/ Deaner) def. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)(c) (11:50) when Doering pinned Anderson after a powerbomb/neckbreaker combo to WIN the tag team championships.

*Moose(c) def. Heath (12:13) after the Spear to retain the Impact Worlds Championship. Anthony Carelli (former Santino Marella) did guest commentary. After the match, Josh Alexander returned and laid out Moose with the C4 Spike.  Josh got the mic and brought up Scott D'Amore sending him home. Josh revealed his new multi-year contract with Impact Wrestling and announced he will challenge Moose for the title in the main event of Rebellion next month. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I assumed he wasn’t going anywhere, but still, it’s good that they were able to keep him around. Hard to build any momentum when you’re constantly losing your most promising talent to other places.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Whoops didn't see you already made the thread! (Delete mine whenever possible)

Preshow matches were short and solid, didn't expect either result there. Trey/Jake was a great X Division opener. My reaction was fuuuuuuuuck nooooo when Maclin turned on Rhino, destroying my hopes for Maclin's babyface future but I can dig Maclin being DTA Dont Trust Anybody too. The crowd responding with a chant of "Fuck You Maclin" was amusing. Influence/IInspiration was fun as they finally got to deliver and a surprise title change. Both teams looked good. Jonah/PCO was insanity. PCO still rules, loved the super frankensteiner. Had me wanting PCO to win even though I knew he wouldn't, but I'm glad the ending was fitting as Jonah had to really try to kill PCO to beat him. 

Great to see Shelley back - awesome match! Result never in doubt but still managed a couple killer near falls. Always love watching Deonna in action, good stuff here.

TASHA STEELZ! Another excellent match following up last month's match and a great finish here. Well deserved moment for an absolute breakout star.  Definitely did not expect the tag titles change here. 

Solid main event. Figured Josh would be back soon and that story would pick up where they left off.  Another very good overall show with lots of happenings.

Full results: 

Reveal hidden contents

*Digital Exclusive Match: Speedball Mike Bailey def. Aiden Prince

*Preshow Match: Lady Frost def. Gisele Shaw (5:57) with the Frostbite moonsault. 

*Preshow Match: Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. Honor No More (Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) (7:45) when Swann pinned Bennett with a sunset flip.  Maria Kanellis did commentary.

Impact Wrestling Sacrifice 2022 - March 5, 2022 - from Louisville, KY

*Trey Miguel(c) def. Jake Something (10:32) after Meteora to retain the X Division Championship

*Eddie Edwards (w/ Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Kenny King, & Vincent) def. Rhino (w/ Rich Swann, Willie Mack, & Chris Sabin) (8:49) with the Boston Knee Party after Steve Maclin interfered and first laid out Eddie but then hit Rhino with a kendo stick.

*The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood) def. The IInspiration (Cassie Lee & Jessie McKay)(c) (10:24) to WIN the Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championships when Tenille pinned Cassie after Kaleb with a K threw in one of the titles which Tenille used to hit Cassie. 

*W. Morrissey went after Brian Myers at ringside and tried to powerbomb him through a table, but Myers escaped, so Morrissey put a security guard through the table instead.

*Jonah def. PCO (11:34) with the Tsunami Splash following a Tombstone on the steel steps and a powerbomb off the steps to the floor.

*Jay White def. Alex Shelley (18:49) after the Blade Runner. After the match, Shelley offered a handshake but White laughed at him and left.

*Deonna Purrazzo(c) def. Chelsea Green (8:23) via armbar submission to retain the ROH Women's Championship. After the match, Deonna refused to break until Mickie James chased her off and checked on Chelsea.

*Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) def. Mickie James(c) (14:11) with a mid-air cutter after interference from Savannah, to WIN the knockouts championship.

*Violent by Design (Eric Young & Joe Doering w/ Deaner) def. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)(c) (11:50) when Doering pinned Anderson after a powerbomb/neckbreaker combo to WIN the tag team championships.

*Moose(c) def. Heath (12:13) after the Spear to retain the Impact Worlds Championship. Anthony Carelli (former Santino Marella) did guest commentary. After the match, Josh Alexander returned and laid out Moose with the C4 Spike.  Josh got the mic and brought up Scott D'Amore sending him home. Josh revealed his new multi-year contract with Impact Wrestling and announced he will challenge Moose for the title in the main event of Rebellion next month. 

Looking forward to checking this out.  I felt a little torn hearing Alexander is back.  Part of me was hoping to see him step it up to Wednesdays.  But looking forward to him mixing it up with Big Moose.  Less so for the inevitable Impact-style-dramatic build.  And not at all looking forward to more of the dogshit awful mentor Scott D'Amore story arc.  

Ha, I'm as stoked for Jonah-PCO, especially after reading this, as anything on the fantastic looking AEW PPV.  I'm also stoked for Shelley-Jay.  I love your enthusiasm for Tasha Steelz.  I'm sold.  Both women's singles look interesting.  I was hoping the Heath bout would be a quick squash and go on earlier.  Giving a chance for something else to main.  I love Maclin thwacking everybody.  Steve Maclin is making the best of this Impact opportunity.  Coming out of this he's either going to be an excellent upper mid card mechanic or a legit top guy.  He seems to be only a few moves a way from the latter.  I mean top guy elsewhere, here in Impact there's no excuse.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Looking forward to checking this out.  I felt a little torn hearing Alexander is back.  Part of me was hoping to see him step it up to Wednesdays.  But looking forward to him mixing it up with Big Moose.  Less so for the inevitable Impact-style-dramatic build.  And not at all looking forward to more of the dogshit awful mentor Scott D'Amore story arc.  

Ha, I'm as stoked for Jonah-PCO, especially after reading this, as anything on the fantastic looking AEW PPV.  I'm also stoked for Shelley-Jay.  I love your enthusiasm for Tasha Steelz.  I'm sold.  Both women's singles look interesting.  I was hoping the Heath bout would be a quick squash and go on earlier.  Giving a chance for something else to main.  I love Maclin thwacking everybody.  Steve Maclin is making the best of this Impact opportunity.  Coming out of this he's either going to be an excellent upper mid card mechanic or a legit top guy.  He seems to be only a few moves a way from the latter.  I mean top guy elsewhere, here in Impact there's no excuse.  

Agreed on Maclin. I wasn't feeling him much when he first showed up here late last year, but somewhere in the excellent Trey Miguel feud things turned around and since their last match at Hard to Kill, he's definitely one that's felt on the verge of being a breakout star here.  I also thought there was a chance of something else main eventing, given Moose/Heath only had a 2 week build, but I guess they had to end the show with Josh's return. Definite recommend overal though, very enjoyable show.

Thought for sure that Chelsea's injury would be storyline, crazy if not with how many times that's happened to her now. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw Maclin's debut and he was definitely in need of finding some sort of purpose.  And character.  As much as I've enjoyed him, and I think you'll agree, his potential ceiling is much higher then he's reached yet.  I like in my head how he matches up with Alexander, for one. 

I really dug Jonah-PCO by the way.  It's the only bout I've seen thus far.  Jonah's booking in Impact has been excellent.  And it's been not without the loss to Alexander - which he totally recovered from.  

I like positioning the Alexander-Moose 'rematch' out of the gate for Josh, but I'm sorta torn on that match happening soon.  Mostly because I want to see them position Moose as completely unstoppable.  I wanna see them book him like he's Bbbrrrrrock Lesnar.  If he battles Alexander on the next PPV or soon thereafter it'll likely mean a title switch.  But then, Josh Alexander is clearly their best over all talent, so having him on top working any number of guys is no doubt a smart move.  I just think Alexander working thru the mid-card and having more strong bouts on the road to a title rematch allows for that fantasy unstoppable Moose push.  Tho, that's not how they're going to book Moose anyway.  It sometimes feels like they're intent on selling his goofiness.  I certainly see that sense of humour with the big guy, but I don't think you want to overexpose it.  Guys like Morrissey laying him out is one thing, but guys like Heath should never get the upper hand on big Moose.  And they let too many ppl talk him down.  He should destroy anybody that even utters a word that he doesn't like.  All this said, I'm relatively new to Moose, and maybe I'm wrong in thinking he's potentially marketable as the super human face of the company.    

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1