DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 3/4/2022

I loved the contrast between the all-action 3-way and the big man power struggle between Lee and Drake. 

It's not just Shida returning (which, obviously, ❣️❣️❣️) but HOW she returned. Just furiously attacking. So cool. So apt.

I am bummed have to work Monday - I love my job, but that's when the PPV airs here. I will need to avoid spoilers. It's gonna be a good one! Enjoy!!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 8

PPV-level 3-way as an opener. Man Andrade is good when he wants to be, or maybe when he has guys who can work his style?

Death Triangle-House of Black was a thing that happened. Some big dude showed up.

Keith Lee-JD Vance was big meaty men slapping meat. Good hoss fight, with the clean lift for the finisher as a hell of a highlight, at least until Lee bealed Petey Avalon clean out of the ring.

If I’m being 100% honest having Shida’s return as the payoff to the 5-minute challenge is a wasted opportunity but she sure was beating the shit out of Deeb with that stick. Focusing on the knee was a nice touch.

Main was very solid, I think I like Ethan Page the real person more than the wrestler, he’s fine but just that. Good reversal into finisher for Cage.

Good segments from Kingston and Punk, and the Cargill segment was short and sweet if confusing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Shida/Deeb in whatever gimmick they decide to blow this thing off with (lion’s den FTW) can main event a Dynamite this month and will be lit

Bring back the faux MMA cage used for Wardlow/Jake Hager. Both would pull that style of better. Tay Conti the other. I'm still hoping to see Dr. Britt Baker in one, having to learn a style she's not familiar with so she doesn't have the advantage and to get training vignettes like:

Best thing Jeff Jarrett ever did.

• Like 3

Crazy sprint title match, Andrade looked like a beast being the bigger guy and I liked the finish didn’t have any bullshit kick outs from Andrade, he ate 3 finishers in a row and was dead. Nice that there was no Ahof crap either.

I can’t imagine getting to work and being told that Keith Lee is gonna double chop your chest a few times that night, holy shit those look brutal. This was one of the best examples of big men slapping meat lately.

Starks had me laughing during this match:

Starks: “Why does he walk so slow?”

Starks: “The winner of the ladder match is gonna be either me or Hobbs (I still have love for you brother)”

Excalibur: “That’s not what you said earlier”

Starks: “YOU STIRR THE POT SO MUCH!!!”

Tazz: “GET A FORKLIFT HERE TO UNLOCK HIS ASS”

Alex Abrahantes is super cringy and is always overdoing it so much, but I can tell he is 100% into what he’s doing so I can’t really hate the guy. I just feel he should take a step back and let Pac and Penta do their thing.

Jericho on Shida: “SHE CAME OUT IN A PANT SUIT AND TURNED INTO A VICIOUS BEAST!”

Thank god for Eddie Kingstong and anything that come out of his mouth.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Bring back the faux MMA cage used for Wardlow/Jake Hager. Both would pull that style of better. Tay Conti the other. I'm still hoping to see Dr. Britt Baker in one, having to learn a style she's not familiar with so she doesn't have the advantage and to get training vignettes like:

Best thing Jeff Jarrett ever did.

Only time in my lifetime that I actively looked forward to JJ segments, in any promotion.

• Like 1

Didn’t get to see the whole show.  But I got to squeeze the 3 Way match in before work this morning.  

Count me in on that being one of the better multi-man matches I’ve seen.  

Is it me or has there been a drastically reduced number of 3/4/6 way matches in recent years?  Which is good if so.  They’re gimmick matches. Save it for now and then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eikerir said:

Only time in my lifetime that I actively looked forward to JJ segments, in any promotion.

"That's an armbar little lady!" might be the best thing he's ever said.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

Didn’t get to see the whole show.  But I got to squeeze the 3 Way match in before work this morning.  

Is it me or has there been a drastically reduced number of 3/4/6 way matches in recent years?  Which is good if so.  They’re gimmick matches. Save it for now and then.

Not sure about WWE but AEW does singles multi man matches very rarely. I don’t think they’ve done more than 5-ish or so I’m the past 3 years. 

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

Man that was a fun show but that Alex Alhambraes but was some bad community theatre 

That's what makes him awesome.  He's a QVC presenter who is somehow managing an insane wrestling stable.  What would you do?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

AEW doesn't like doing 3 way matches because it messes up the W/L records.

• Like 1