DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 3/4/2022

TNT Title Match: Sammy vs Darby vs Andrade. 

Oh me. Oh my. This should be very good indeed.

Expect some AHFO shenanigans and Sting getting involved to set up the PPV match.

Face of the Revolution ladder match qualifier: (Ch) Cage vs (E) Page! On Rampage! (Sadly, not in a cage) (or on a bronze age theatrical stage). It might rage backstage!

I want Christian to win and then win the ladder match. Gran'pa power! Oldish guy revolution! 

Another 5-minute Deeb challenge! I flat out love these.

Keith Lee Yeets Some Guy!!!  Is it wrong that I am looking forward to this one most of all? I doubt I am alone there.

Seems churlish to ask for more...

Though, maybe,  Hook eating a chip or Kingston on the mic or something? Might be space to toss something like that in.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Was the TNT match originally for the PPV?

2 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

We figured it was then the 6 man was announced for the PPV. 

This. That's happened before when we figured an AEW match was meant for PPV but was put on TV instead: PAC vs. Andrade II. I'm happy with the Tornado Trios match as we don't get enough Tornado matches and we get more Sting. Staggering comeback by Sting last year after what happened to him in WWE. It's one of the most amazing comebacks in wrestling history.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gordlow said:

TNT Title Match: Sammy vs Darby vs Andrade. 

Oh me. Oh my. This should be very good indeed.

Expect some AHFO shenanigans and Sting getting involved to set up the PPV match.

Face of the Revolution ladder match qualifier: (Ch) Cage vs (E) Page! On Rampage! (Sadly, not in a cage) (or on a bronze age theatrical stage). It might rage backstage!

I want Christian to win and then win the ladder match. Gran'pa power! Oldish guy revolution! 

Another 5-minute Deeb challenge! I flat out love these.

Keith Lee Yeets Some Guy!!!  Is it wrong that I am looking forward to this one most of all? I doubt I am alone there.

Seems churlish to ask for more...

Though, maybe,  Hook eating a chip or Kingston on the mic or something? Might be space to toss something like that in.

Pretty sure Sting said Wed night that nobody can interfere in tonight's TV title match or they are fired/suspended.  Should be a good match regardless. 

• Like 3

I worked 12+ hours the last 4 days and I'm in a hotel for one more night. But all I have to do tomorrow is ride 4 hours in a truck so I have a 6 pack and I'm hoping to stay awake long enough for Rampage!

• Like 8

The terror that was coming over me realizing the hour was ticking away and knowing there was going to be another commercial break coming up as soon as the main event got in the ring... The PIP stuff looked good though. Probably would have cut a couple segments to give them more minutes. A LOT of stuff crammed into this show. Maybe too much?

Tonight was maybe peak "Excalibur has too much stuff to mention."

Christian's last two singles matches have been against both members of The North. Got me thinking how fun Christian/partner vs The North would be. 

• Like 4

Super fun hour of pro wres. I didn't think I could get more excited for Sunday...but here we are.

That 3way was BANANA.

I like Redbeard...he's an interesting addition to the roster. And we have ANOTHER match on Sunday!?!?!?

Love Shida...glad she's back.

Keith looked like a freaking BEAST.

And Christian is a great addition for the ladder match. He's going to be the glue that keeps it all together. 

And Smart Mark bungling the "no contact order" was hilarious. 

• Like 6

Man fuck Dynamite being a good go-home show, THAT was a good go-home show. Best three-way ever? Keith still way too heavy but with an insane amount of strength and gas tank? Goofy Alex steps aside for REDBEARD. And now Ethan Page reminds me of Rick Rude for some reason. This was a great show. 

• Like 7

I hate triple threat matches but THAT one was fucking AWESOME.  Everything was awesome.  Erick Redbeard was another WWE guy who looks 4000 times better in AEW.  Ethan PAge continues to be Ted DiBiase without the punches.  Hikari Shida is back?  Are the Tokyo Joshi Pro matches a RUSE?!?  Yeah, Keith Lee was blown up but he is a big fella and it was an actual match.  Peter Avalon is seeing more action post-contract than he saw with a contract.  So either Ethan PAge, Andrade or Sammy Guevara is the best wrestler in AEW?  Or maybe Darby Allen?  YAY! AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!

• Like 15

TNT 3 way was awesome. Great fast paced action. Love how much is happening at once with this big match happening, a title defense for next week already set up, plus the PPV Ladder match crowning the next contender after that. Plus Paige VanZant about to become All Elite!

Alex Abrahantes took his goofy outfits to a new level. Erick Redbeard was a cool surprise, fun little brawl segment here and another match added to the insanely stacked Revolution! 

Thought Keith Lee looked fantastic. Perfect booking of him thus far, post-match was a solid little tease of what's to come at Revolution. Digging a potential Keith Lee vs Team Taz feud a lot.

Punk's bloody promo was amazing, can't wait for that match. Popped huge for the surprise Shida return! Did not expect that at all but great to see her... add them to Revolution too! 

Great to see Christian back in action, getting a win, and on the PPV. Love the faceoff with Tarzan Boy playing. Awesome final dive from Jungle Boy to end it.  GREAT overall show here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1