DVDVR Message Board

RAWCountry~!

RIPPA

The 11 year old during that match said "Wow, Brad Maddox is actually pretty good. Wonder why they don't let him wrestle more", so even though Maddox only got three moves in on Randy, it was enough to stand out and make an impression.

I love watching wrestling with him because he gives me a great alternative view on how kids (ie most of their audience) are actually perceiving things as opposed to us, the jaded smarks who have been watching for way too long and have way too many opinions and fantasy booking ideas floating in our heads that ruin the casual watching experience.

Anyone else amused at how they tried to push Woods for his intelligence and his college degrees while he was out there doing a shuck-and-jive like Rufus R Jones?

I also liked the thought process;

HHH - "hmmm we've brought up Xavier Woods what do we do with him....?"

Random agent - "I don't know, team him up with another black guy?"

HHH - "I love it."

Is the next step to turn the PTPs heel again so they can feud with Kofi/Xavier?

I wonder why they had the band play live. Don't live band performances usually tank ratings on wrestling shows?

I'm sure the record label paid for that performance.

Monday's WWE Raw television show averaged 3.802 million viewers, according to Zap2It.com. Viewership was up from the 3.768 million average from last week. 

The first hour of Monday's Raw averaged 3.768 million viewers. Hour two drew 3.965 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 3.674 million viewers.

There were no stakes to Big Show vs Ryback. It was set up to give Big Show a vaguely impressive win leading up to the PPV.

Kane vs Big Show would likely be done as part of a larger storyline. I'm not saying that Show vs Ryback couldn't have built to be better than Kane vs Show. I'm just saying that without much effort right now, they could leverage Kane vs Show into something that means more since it can be sold as a "Giant of the Authority" vs "Giant of the Resistance" sort of way. Last night Show vs Ryback was sold as "Big meathead who's lost a lot" vs "Giant of the Resistance." 

I also assume they are saving Kane going back in the ring. 

Anyone else amused at how they tried to push Woods for his intelligence and his college degrees while he was out there doing a shuck-and-jive like Rufus R Jones?

I also liked the thought process;

HHH - "hmmm we've brought up Xavier Woods what do we do with him....?"

Random agent - "I don't know, team him up with another black guy?"

HHH - "I love it."

Is the next step to turn the PTPs heel again so they can feud with Kofi/Xavier?

I think they missed the boat on saving up Xavier Woods' academic resume until he had some sort of interaction with Damien Sandow.  I think Xavier's unusual appearance which belays his intelligence would be well put against someone who would be all,

"I am so smart unlike you philistine."

"Dude, where did you go to school?  Two masters right here honky!"

So, just out of curiosity, is anyone else going to Boston to see Survivor Series?

I just bought suite level tickets.. will be my first wrestling card live in 20 or so years.. of course that indy wrestling show in my hometown isn't too far away from a major PPV, hell, I saw a guy at that indy wrestling show that juuuuuust might be at Survivor Series.. guy went by the name of Terra Ryzing back then.. now he's Triple H.

(That's kinda cool it was when he was a trainee)

Great Raw. Everything felt awesome except for Show kicking out of the Shellshock. Didn't feel right to me.

I'm also a sucker for finisher sequences. Last couple of minutes of the main-event was flaming hot. Too bad the Uso's get a bit overlooked when in the ring with the likes of the Shield, Wyatts, Punk, Bryan and the Rhodes boys, but they looked awesome.

And let's not forget: CESARO SECTION! I hope this becomes a thing.

No, it'll only be the best if the mystery partner is Savio Vega.

No, Aja Kong.  I can count on Seth Rollins to sell the uraken like absolute death.  The plasma gushing from his nose will skyrocket the buyrate.

Then Big E will propose to her right on the spot.  WWE will have the best power couple in recorded television history.

• Like 1

I wish there was a musical act that was willing to allow their performance to be interrupted mid-song by a really awesome brawl.

Or just play a song that fits a really awesome brawl right in front of them like Tito and the Tarantulas in From Dusk 'Til Dawn.

• Like 1

I wish there was a musical act that was willing to allow their performance to be interrupted mid-song by a really awesome brawl.

Or just play a song that fits a really awesome brawl right in front of them like Tito and the Tarantulas in From Dusk 'Til Dawn.

Someone book GWAR for Wrestlemania.

• Like 2

There were no stakes to Big Show vs Ryback. It was set up to give Big Show a vaguely impressive win leading up to the PPV.

Kane vs Big Show would likely be done as part of a larger storyline. I'm not saying that Show vs Ryback couldn't have built to be better than Kane vs Show. I'm just saying that without much effort right now, they could leverage Kane vs Show into something that means more since it can be sold as a "Giant of the Authority" vs "Giant of the Resistance" sort of way. Last night Show vs Ryback was sold as "Big meathead who's lost a lot" vs "Giant of the Resistance." 

I also assume they are saving Kane going back in the ring. 

Funnily enough, he hinted at that in the libertarian podcast he did a few weeks ago (posted on the October Omnibus).

I wish there was a musical act that was willing to allow their performance to be interrupted mid-song by a really awesome brawl

Well, they sort of did that when they introduced Test. Anyone remember him as a roadie for Motley Crue? 

Wasn't Damien Sandow supposed to be the next guy to get a major main event push?

He just lost to the guy, who never wins anything.

Haven't you been following? That's the new way that pushes work nowadays. Just wait and see!

• Like 1

Great Raw. Everything felt awesome except for Show kicking out of the Shellshock. Didn't feel right to me.

I'm also a sucker for finisher sequences. Last couple of minutes of the main-event was flaming hot. Too bad the Uso's get a bit overlooked when in the ring with the likes of the Shield, Wyatts, Punk, Bryan and the Rhodes boys, but they looked awesome.

And let's not forget: CESARO SECTION! I hope this becomes a thing.

Amen to that, brother. Amen.

• Like 1