DVDVR Message Board

RAWCountry~!

RIPPA

Seeing Xavier on the big show was cool to see. A Truth & Consquences reunion at that! Tons of potential in that guy, so of course TNA would release him. Who needs a young, charismatic, althetic, 20 something year old in your company? My only complaint is the mustache and chest hair...he looks like he is nearly 40. Its time to cut it.

I thought his gimmick was Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School

• Like 1

I might have missed it in this thread. I definitely missed it last night if it happened.

Was there any explanation as to why Kane wasn't punished for his matchmaking last week?

I might have missed it in this thread. I definitely missed it last night if it happened.

Was there any explanation as to why Kane wasn't punished for his matchmaking last week?

I thought they were going to punish Kane by putting him against Show but I think they're saving that for a more meaningful time.

Something I noticed while watching the Xavier Woods debut on WWE's Youtube channel. Cole announced that next week Michael Strahan will be the "Guest Host" for RAW. So basically this whole "RAW Country" shit was just a way for them to sneak in the "Guest Host" gimmick again.

Cole announced that next week Michael Strahan will be the "Guest Host" for RAW. So basically this whole "RAW Country" shit was just a way for them to sneak in the "Guest Host" gimmick again.

It's November Sweeps, gotta bring in the celebs.

And I <3 Xavier Woods. He was the one of the two guys in the X-Division with anything resembling charisma and knowledge on how to throw a punch. I wonder if how soon we get a double team spot with him and Santino sliding down just to pop a guy in the face.

Drink!

• Like 2

I thought they were going to punish Kane by putting him against Show but I think they're saving that for a more meaningful time.

Yeah, Kane/Big Show isn't something you can just give away without any thought.

Yeah, Kane/Big Show isn't something you can just give away without any thought.

Right now? It's not. Kane was damaged last week but for the most part, he's repackaged and useful for them for as long as they keep him useful. Both of them are tools in the story they're telling. There's a value in bringing them together at a key point. I don't think that's a crazy notion. 

I don't know, man. They just gave away Ryback Vs. Big Show for free, first ever meeting, that featured Ryback doing The Shell Shock to Big Show. They  also just gave away Daniel Bryan, C.M. Punk, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Jimmy & Jey Uso Vs. The Shield & The Wyatt Family for free on RAW.

...but they can't do Kane Vs. Big Show? A match we've already seen between two guys that have been around forever?

So, we were supposed to cheer for Maddox right? Because his hope spot seemed designed to do that. I do not understand how The Authority acts sometimes, it seems murky.

I think it was more that we were supposed to cheer Randy "Face of the WWE" Orton getting potentially embarrassed by Brad Maddox of all people.

And the Authority's actions made perfect sense: Give Randy essentially the night off while punishing Maddox for his part in the fiasco last week. Meanwhile they stick Show in with a guy who can lift him up on his shoulders.

It just felt odd to me how much trouble Big Show had with Ryback and how much offense Maddox got in on Orton going into them main eventing one of the bigger shows of the year. Ryback/Show was a good match and Maddox trying to sneak one over Orton was a fine segment, it just left me pondering how this makes the main event something you want to see.

The Authority stuff with Ziggler/Sandow and the divas is what is also odd. Stephanie gets into with AJ a few months ago, now she is using her to punish Vickie.

I would of liked something with Kane where HHH says "no, good job Kane" or something to make it seem like Kane is not one to be trifled with. Usually they beat us over the head with that sort of thing. Kane/Show one more time around would be a draw.

I don't know, man. They just gave away Ryback Vs. Big Show for free, first ever meeting, that featured Ryback doing The Shell Shock to Big Show. They  also just gave away Daniel Bryan, C.M. Punk, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Jimmy & Jey Uso Vs. The Shield & The Wyatt Family for free on RAW.

...but they can't do Kane Vs. Big Show? A match we've already seen between two guys that have been around forever?

Context matters. One thing is part of the bigger narrative they're telling. One isn't.

Context matters. One thing is part of the bigger narrative they're telling. One isn't.

I think context only matters to a degree. I don't think anyone would give a piss about that match at all, just like the other times that it's happened, but maybe I'm wrong. I dunno, there's a lot of new fans.

There were no stakes to Big Show vs Ryback. It was set up to give Big Show a vaguely impressive win leading up to the PPV.

Kane vs Big Show would likely be done as part of a larger storyline. I'm not saying that Show vs Ryback couldn't have built to be better than Kane vs Show. I'm just saying that without much effort right now, they could leverage Kane vs Show into something that means more since it can be sold as a "Giant of the Authority" vs "Giant of the Resistance" sort of way. Last night Show vs Ryback was sold as "Big meathead who's lost a lot" vs "Giant of the Resistance." 

Kane and Undertaker fought a LOT. But a few years back when Kane went super-evil and they were having this crazy power struggle over World Title, the matches meant so much more. Context always changes interest.

Maybe they will just give it away. Maybe no one will give a piss. But I personally find context the only way to keep repetitive matches interesting. Right now, I'm not interested in seeing Kofi wrestle Dolph Ziggler ever again. But if Kofi turned heel and was Papa Shango Jr, I'd be totally down for that match at least once.

New Korporate Kane vs. Cry Baby KO Big Show could be interesting again if they create a story that makes it dramatic. I'd love it if they drew that story out to include Kane ducking Big Show's wrath by Kane booking him against other people. Then they're both in the Rumble at the same time for one of those mid-match stare downs before they both end up eliminated. Leading to a Giant Chair on a Pole Match at Wrestlemania. C'mon you want to see the Giant Chair on a Pole. 

So, we were supposed to cheer for Maddox right? Because his hope spot seemed designed to do that. I do not understand how The Authority acts sometimes, it seems murky.

I think it was more that we were supposed to cheer Randy "Face of the WWE" Orton getting potentially embarrassed by Brad Maddox of all people.

And the Authority's actions made perfect sense: Give Randy essentially the night off while punishing Maddox for his part in the fiasco last week. Meanwhile they stick Show in with a guy who can lift him up on his shoulders.

It just felt odd to me how much trouble Big Show had with Ryback and how much offense Maddox got in on Orton going into them main eventing one of the bigger shows of the year.

I...What? How much offense Maddox got in? He snuck a quick shot in with the mic, pushed Orton into the post, tried to sneak a quick pin, then promptly got destroyed.

I don't know, man. They just gave away Ryback Vs. Big Show for free, first ever meeting, that featured Ryback doing The Shell Shock to Big Show.

You say that like Ryback wasn't completely damaged goods. He's utterly failed to garner interest or have good matches in programs with Punk, Jericho, Henry and Cena. They need to build him back up if he's ever going to matter, and impressive matches like the one with Show is the best way to do that.

That's the thing. Kane's built up right now. Show is built up right now. With all the win trading, there are, at any one point, usually very few guys in the WWE who are built up either due to gimmick/story issues or due to wins. Kane is one. Show is another.

Anyone else amused at how they tried to push Woods for his intelligence and his college degrees while he was out there doing a shuck-and-jive like Rufus R Jones?

I also liked the thought process;

HHH - "hmmm we've brought up Xavier Woods what do we do with him....?"

Random agent - "I don't know, team him up with another black guy?"

HHH - "I love it."

• Like 1

Vince - "hmmm we've brought up another black guy what do we do with him....?"

Vince's Reflection in the Mirror - "I don't know, team him up with another black guy?"

Vince - "I love you"

Fixed.

• Like 8

It just felt odd to me how much trouble Big Show had with Ryback and how much offense Maddox got in on Orton going into them main eventing one of the bigger shows of the year.

I...What? How much offense Maddox got in? He snuck a quick shot in with the mic, pushed Orton into the post, tried to sneak a quick pin, then promptly got destroyed.

I just felt it would of been easier to have Orton do the hanging DDT and then RKO/punt. Boom, over. Instead it kind of lingered. I probably should have phrased it better. The DDT from Maddox I was surprised to see, I figured they'd have Orton quickly drop him with his usual spots. Hanging DDT, RKO, and the punt. Short and sweet. Nothing wrong with what they did, I'm not complaining.

He also got in the DDT on the floor (I believe) or before the pin.