DVDVR Message Board

RAWCountry~!

RIPPA

Unlike everybody else, I didn't care for the IC Title match. Now I did like that Big E. won the belt, but I thought it was stupid to have a competitive title change. Instead he should have ran through Axel in under a minute to win it(Warrior Vs. Honky style).

Now is the time for The Miz to do the "arrogant Hollywood douchebag actor" character Rock was doing in 2003.

We need skits of Miz going to the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute and reciting Marlon Brando monologues while trying to find his "motivation."

Fo this to work, it should be something more Miz-ish.  He should be reciting his favorite David Boreaniz monologs.  And he should end every line by saying his name into the camera.

"The bitch is, you have a soul now. Pretty soon, those memories are gonna start eatin' away at you. No matter how hard you try, you won't be able to escape the truth of what you were.

Believe me, ....

I know.....

The Miz!"

• Like 3

You know Punk & Bryan are over when fucking NASHVILLE chants their names. If this was last year or the year before (hell, any other year), that crowd would have been dead as shit the entire night. I was really surprised. That was a hell of a main event, though. If they really wanted to get all "Survivor Series"-y this week, they should have given that match the entire last hour of the show and let it be an elimination match. But I'm not complaining. Although, it'll be interesting to see if the heels all get their revenge this Sunday or not. since the go-home show had the faces close the show, triumphant.

Kind of sad I didn't go. I totally would have been in the Cesaro Section.

Now is the time for The Miz to do the "arrogant Hollywood douchebag actor" character Rock was doing in 2003.

We need skits of Miz going to the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute and reciting Marlon Brando monologues while trying to find his "motivation."

Fo this to work, it should be something more Miz-ish.  He should be reciting his favorite David Boreaniz monologs.  And he should end every line by saying his name into the camera.

"The bitch is, you have a soul now. Pretty soon, those memories are gonna start eatin' away at you. No matter how hard you try, you won't be able to escape the truth of what you were.

Believe me, ....

I know.....

The Miz!"

"I would now like to recite Channing Tatum's romantic monologue from The Vow."

• Like 1

Main event was more good stuff from all those guys, glad they got a Survivor Series match set up and glad to see Rey back. Surprised they had the 12 man tag on here along with the first time ever Ryback/Show match that I remember being rumored for this past Mania, especially with the Shell Shocked actually hitting which I didn't expect at all. Broadway brawl was awkward. Was also surprised to see Miz turn a week before his Christmas movie. About a year ago Miz was feuding with Kofi just before the face turn, now I guess they'll continue. Felt like the Country theme didn't lead to much.. needed a Road Dogg appearance.

I finished watching most of the show on the DVR. Brad Maddox deserves so much better than this. I loved it with JBL going crazy about Maddox making a name for himself. They have something with Maddox and they refuse to do anything with him. I seriously marked out for that mic shot and then the DDT a few seconds later. That was a hell of a beating he took as well. I think Orton really cracked him with that microphone a bunch of times. Lucky it wasn't the other side or Maddox would have been a bloody mess.

Vickie was great doing her tribute to Eddie. Stephanie McMahon is the most horrible boss ever. She just got sued and she goes and does this. AJ was great though tonight especially with her mocking Vickie and being like "oh no, we're having a match". So was Vickie's act just their round about way of making fun of AJ for collapsing? LOL Fainting.

Ryback/Show was an awesome match. If it wasn't a throw away match it could easily be the new Show/Sheamus or Show/Henry series. I was honestly amazed that Ryback could shellshock The Big Show. You have to admire Big Show taking moves like that.

Overall a fun show for the most part.

I care about nothing in this company except those 15 or so guys who were in and around the main event but what a group of guys to have on your roster. If it was my company, I'd have them all wrestle each other every week too. Hope Rey can have a good run without his knees erupting because that shot at the end of the 7 babyfaces celebrating would have had 10-year old me cheering.

The Del Rio/Cena angle was good too, both guys delivered good strong promos. I've no doubt that'll be a fun match on Sunday but I assume there's no chance of Del Rio going over.

Anyone who didn't laugh at Vicky going "YEAH YEAH YEAH, CAN'T WRESTLE" on the gurney while they were discussing her condition has no soul.

Loved how the main event played out with the Wyatts and the Shield slowly coming to terms with each other. Some beautiful story-telling.

I kind of like this incarnation of Babyface punk. Him laughing in Rollins' face when Cody was beating on him in their corner was great. Then he was getting into the chants with the rest of his team and after Harper knocked Goldust off the apron, he dropped down to check on him. Little things. I think he had a need to be sort of serious during his last face run given the pressure on him and now there's a bit more naturalness that's bleeding through. 

That whole exchange ending with the giant Harper Powerbomb on Bryan was really good, and I really loved how Bryan took that bodyslam by Rowan. He made it seem like the most painful thing ever. 

My favorite part of the Shield/Wyatt alliance was when Ambrose sort of shrugged and went with it. The REALLY HARD TAG was good too.

• Like 1

Thankfully the country Raw was not what I expected at all. The 12 man tag was great, I assume Rey is the fifth person for Survivor Series. Xavier Woods debut was good too, like 3MB trying to earn cheap pops every show now.

So, we were supposed to cheer for Maddox right? Because his hope spot seemed designed to do that. I do not understand how The Authority acts sometimes, it seems murky.

Floria George Line pretty much represents every goddamn thing I hate about country music.

And I <3 Xavier Woods. He was the one of the two guys in the X-Division with anything resembling charisma and knowledge on how to throw a punch. I wonder if how soon we get a double team spot with him and Santino sliding down just to pop a guy in the face.

Put Rey with Punk / Bryan and make that a 6man. I don't get why Bray isn't wrestling. He looked fine last night, worlds better than Rowan. Hot finish to the show. Rey looked a lil gimpy running out but he hit all his stuff. Someone backstage was smart enough to have the first guy he does something on be Cesaro. The GTS followed by the big knee on Harper was fun stuff.

So, we were supposed to cheer for Maddox right? Because his hope spot seemed designed to do that. I do not understand how The Authority acts sometimes, it seems murky.

I think it was more that we were supposed to cheer Randy "Face of the WWE" Orton getting potentially embarrassed by Brad Maddox of all people.

And the Authority's actions made perfect sense: Give Randy essentially the night off while punishing Maddox for his part in the fiasco last week. Meanwhile they stick Show in with a guy who can lift him up on his shoulders.

Seeing Xavier on the big show was cool to see. A Truth & Consquences reunion at that! Tons of potential in that guy, so of course TNA would release him. Who needs a young, charismatic, althetic, 20 something year old in your company? My only complaint is the mustache and chest hair...he looks like he is nearly 40. Its time to cut it.