DVDVR Message Board

RAWCountry~!

RIPPA

Maybe it's just me but I got a real kick out of the AJ/Vickie stuff. Great main event and Rey is going to have a lot of fun working with these guys the next couple months. Fun show

Naw, Vickie was really entertaining tonight. It was just weird that she's a heel and AJ is still a heel...even if she shouldn't be.

Would it be churlish of me to ask why heels don't just bum rush the apron every time the FIP tries to tag out?

Breaking up a pin or tag more than twice is a DQ.

Not if WWE doesn't want it to be.

Anyway, the AJ/Vickie segment left a bad taste in my mouth because it looked to me like it was a rib on AJ for collapsing on the European tour.

And yes, Dolph and Sandow beating the hell out of each other while the commentators were yukking it up was quite surreal.

I like how Stephanie and Triple H have quickly went from evil but competent to evil and totally incompetent.

Stephanie, having only just gotten WWE out of one messy lawsuit, has no problem admitting on camera that she'll send a sick women out to work purely out of spite. 

Triple H now makes crazy matches that he doesn't even understand the rules of.

And neither seem to notice The Authority is totally falling apart around them.

Now is the time for The Miz to do the "arrogant Hollywood douchebag actor" character Rock was doing in 2003.

We need skits of Miz going to the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute and reciting Marlon Brando monologues while trying to find his "motivation."

Also, he can wonder where his Emmy for Christmas Bounty is too.

I loved Big E getting the I-C belt, and I loved the fans were into it as well. 

And the main event was so much fun.  Though there was something a little jarring seeing Punk and Cody Rhodes all BIG SMILES when Rey came out considering the last two major feuds Rey had were with Punk and Rhodes.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but I got a real kick out of the AJ/Vickie stuff. Great main event and Rey is going to have a lot of fun working with these guys the next couple months. Fun show

Naw, Vickie was really entertaining tonight. It was just weird that she's a heel and AJ is still a heel...even if she shouldn't be.

Vickie and AJ don't like each other. They have a long history.

So does Rey Mysterio with Cody & Punk but that didn't stop the babyfaces from all being happy-go-lucky. You can't just have it one way...

• Like 1

I thought the show was mostly entertaining. Main event was solid. I just wish we could have gotten that traditional Survivor Series match out of these guys. Still, the one they setup with The Shield and The Real Americans vs. The Rhodes and Usos should be very good if they give it time.

Big E winning the IC belt is great.

What else happened..   the heel vs. heel segments were weird but I can kind of see what they are doing with Orton. Bryan had him defeated repeatedly and The Authority had to bail him out. Now Big Show has their balls in a vice...  they want Orton to go out and do what he's supposed to do (or at least that's what they want us to believe, maybe they have another trick up their sleeve).

The musical chairs with the divas was a waste but they all looked tremendous.

Ryback vs. Big Show was solid. I don't know what the deal is with Ryback. It seems like they are still halfway protecting him but have no clue on how to use him.

So does Rey Mysterio with Cody & Punk but that didn't stop the babyfaces from all being happy-go-lucky. You can't just have it one way...

Why not? People are different. I always hated the whole "All heels are friends and all faces are friends" shit. Who's to say that Cody saw the error of his old ways and now sees Rey as an ally, but AJ still dislikes Vickie and vice versa? Shit, they actually took the time to explain their history. And why wouldn't Orton want to beat up Maddox, who's incompetence last week caused him to get choke slammed thru a table? 

• Like 1

I like how Stephanie and Triple H have quickly went from evil but competent to evil and totally incompetent.

Stephanie, having only just gotten WWE out of one messy lawsuit, has no problem admitting on camera that she'll send a sick women out to work purely out of spite. 

She caused the lawsuit in the first place. 

Why not? People are different. I always hated the whole "All heels are friends and all faces are friends" shit. Who's to say that Cody saw the error of his old ways and now sees Rey as an ally, but AJ still dislikes Vickie and vice versa? Shit, they actually took the time to explain their history. And why wouldn't Orton want to beat up Maddox, who's incompetence last week caused him to get choke slammed thru a table? 

Because next week they'll forget it all & nothing will make sense again! C'mon man. Heels Vs. Heels & Babyfaces Vs. Babyface is never really smart. Why was Vickie terrified of AJ all night long? AJ is like 100pounds soaking wet. It was just hokey, didn't make sense. It wasn't thought through at all. Which is probably why so many people think it was just one big shot at AJ for fainting in Europe.

EDIT: That's not to say that Heel Vs. Heel or Face Vs. Face can never work. But it needs build. It's not something you just throw out there. All that segment was going to do was get the crowd to cheer the top female heel. That's counter-productive, unless they're turning her (which they probably should).

That main event ruled so friggin' much. I marked out so much when the heels finally saw eye-to-eye and jumped the faces in the corner. Great moment. Bray saying "WHY DON'T YOU TRUST ME" with Dean saying a minute later "YOU CAN TRUST US!" was the best. I also liked AJ and Vicki's segment a lot, too. Didn't really watch much else but paid attention to those segments.

• Like 1