DVDVR Message Board

RAWCountry~!

RIPPA

I am putting this here because I figure that it will come up during the show and more folks will talk about it here

WWE.com announced that at Survivor Series it will be Shield/Real Americans vs. Rhodes/Usos and a mystery partner in a traditional Survivor Series match

If mystery partner = Big E Langston then Greatest Survivor Series Match Ever

Things this thread is going to require

1) Screen Cap of the guy with the Art Donovan sign

2) Screen Cap of the security guard with the insane hair

3) animated gif of Kofi's counter

It was a good show, sans a couple segments, but the booking is so confusing to me. Randy Orton is a heel. Why are you feeding Maddox to him, when Maddox is also a heel? Vickie Guerrero is a heel. Why are you feeding her to AJ when AJ is also a heel? Why are The Authority acting like babyfaces? Why would you not have Orton hit his finish in his match before Survivor Series? Why did the #1 Contender for the WWE Title have to struggle so much with Ryback going into his title match on Sunday? Why was that 12-man match on free TV? Just a lot of confusing decisions.

The commentary making jokes during the entirety of the Sandow/Dolph match really took away from what could have been called as a brutal match. Some of those spots were really gross looking...but instead, it was completely glossed over as a throwaway joke, just like the Divas musical chairs segment. Just hurts everyone involved.

Why are we supposed to care about Miz turning on Kofi? Have they ever even teamed together before? Why are we supposed to care about Kofi? Who cares if Miz "turned" on him?

• Like 1

Incredible main event. Holy shit. Rey didn't look good running, though.

Loved Dolph's Double J strut (as well as shouting out Jarrett on Twitter after the match).

This company is so weird. The tippy-top guys aren't really getting as much TV time as all the guys they (probably correctly) feel aren't PPV draws. Weird.

"I was in THE BAND in High School." JBL, spoken with such unfounded pride

"WE ON TV" - sign

"YOUR BAND SUCKS" - sign

Vickie did some great stooging, Eddy would be proud. Ziggler decided, even though there were instruments he could injure himself all over the ring, he would eat a chair right to his face in the corner. The main was a brilliant Southern tag for a Southern audience (I'm getting used to everyone hitting their finisher in these at the end now). If you don't like the shitkicker songs, there's always a mute button... yeah, this was really good. Randy gets punked more, Miz eats Cesaro offense and turns heel, we get a new face from NXT on the roster, Big T. wins the belt. Alright!

Let me get this straight:  Goldust and Rey Mysterio are apparently going to be on a team?

This is amazing.  It totally makes up for that horrific "performance" of "music" by Florida Georgia Line.

That main event was great.  The rest of that show was not.

Would it be churlish of me to ask why heels don't just bum rush the apron every time the FIP tries to tag out?

Breaking up a pin or tag more than twice is a DQ.

This show was was great, but nothing tops Cole likening Bryan to a Pitbull, and Lawler getting confused. The bubble invades Raw!

Also, I think there were more headshots in the Ziggler match than in the past four years combined.

I wanted so bad to gloat over the fact that I called the 12-man for Raw in the last Raw thread and Rippa had already locked the thread. 

Ditto the love for the Strut and El Kabong. I'm glad someone had the balls to bust it out. 

Amazing how small Ryback looks up against Big Show.