Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

UFC 272: Covington vs. Masvidal (03/05/2022) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)


 Share

Recommended Posts

FLJshcuVIAERrd3.jpg?1644434378

UFC 272: Covington vs. Masvidal 
March 5, 2022
Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Colby Covington (170.5) vs. Jorge Masvidal (170.5) - Covington, DEC (unanimous)
Rafael dos Anjos (160) vs. Renato Carneiro (160) - Dos Anjos, DEC (unanimous)
Edson Barboza (145.5) vs. Bryce Mitchell (145.5) - Mitchell, DEC (unanimous)
Kevin Holland (170) vs. Alex Oliveira (170) - Holland, TKO (punches), R2 (2:38)
Sergei Spivak (245.5) vs. Greg Hardy (266) - Spivak, TKO (punches), R1 (2:16)

ESPN / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Jalin Turner (156) vs. Jamie Mullarkey (155.5) - Turner, TKO (strikes), R2 (0:46)
Marina Rodriguez (116) vs. Xiaonan Yan (116) - Rodriguez, DEC (split)
Nicolae Negumereanu (205.5) vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu (206) - Negumereanu, DEC (split)
Maryna Moroz (125.5) vs. Mariya Agapova (126) - Moroz, SUB (arm triangle choke), R2 (3:27)

ESPN+ / Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Brian Kelleher (145) vs. Umar Nurmagomedov (146) - Nurmagomedov, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (3:15)
Tim Elliott (126) vs. Tagir Ulanbekov (125.5) - Elliott, DEC (unanimous)
Devonte Smith (156) vs. L'udovit Klein (156) - Klein, DEC (split)
Michał Oleksiejczuk (206) vs. Dustin Jacoby (205.5) - Jacoby, DEC (unanimous)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Maryna Moroz
Performance of the Night: Kevin Holland
Fight of the Night: Colby Covington vs. Jorge Masvidal

Attendance: 19,425
Gate: $6.76 million
Buyrate:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really interested to see Kevin Holland move down a weight class. Could be a great decision for him. I'm assuming during his wrestling excursions he realized he might be too small to make up ground against the top middleweights he's already lost to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Really interested to see Kevin Holland move down a weight class. Could be a great decision for him. I'm assuming during his wrestling excursions he realized he might be too small to make up ground against the top middleweights he's already lost to.

He just has to be more active trying to make his way back to his feet. Other fighters are likely to get takedowns against him regardless of weight class, but he can help his own cause by not laying flat on your back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

He just has to be more active trying to make his way back to his feet. Other fighters are likely to get takedowns against him regardless of weight class, but he can help his own cause by not laying flat on your back. 

Did you catch him in the grapple fight a little while back? I can't remember the name of the event but it had Punk and Paul Felder doing commentary. He looked like a different cat altogether on the ground.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Did you catch him in the grapple fight a little while back? I can't remember the name of the event but it had Punk and Paul Felder doing commentary. He looked like a different cat altogether on the ground.

 

No, I didn't get a chance to. However, that's definitely encouraging to hear.

By the way, given that it was Punk and Felder on commentary, it was likely one of those Fury Pro grappling cards that CFFC has been doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

No, I didn't get a chance to. However, that's definitely encouraging to hear.

By the way, given that it was Punk and Felder on commentary, it was likely one of those Fury Pro grappling cards that CFFC has been doing. 

Here it is:

It's an exhibition and the other dude is clearly better than him, but he has fun with it. Looks like he's working on some new tricks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got to say that was Moroz's best performance in her UFC tenure. She was obviously coming in as the sentimental favorite, but she utterly dominated Agapova. That was impressive.

Maybe leaving/getting kick out of American Top Team probably was to the detriment of Agapova. Despite her physical size, she's bedeviled by her lack of strength in the clinch. Happened in the Shana Dobson fight and happened here as well.

Also, I thought it was funny that we got a bit of insider trading with Din Thomas' commentary between rounds. He's like, "Yeah, I saw this everyday in the gym".  Man, if I was Din, I probably would have hit the sportsbook before the show and placed a giant wager. Lol he probably did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought Yan won the first two rounds but, Rodriguez certainly turned it around in the third and I respect that. I feel like Yan could be champ at some point but she needs a little more shark in her.

Jalen Turner looked calm cool and collected. Didn't rush. Looked confident the finish would come to him. Great stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a surprising start.

Shout out to the BIG BET guy who just had his 67,000 parlay on all the main card winners busted. Enjoy the rest of the show..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...