DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/2/22

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

My only reservation about this Sunday is that MJF and Punk set the bar so high in Chicago, I find it hard to imagine how they can top it.

To steal a quote from a movie.

"(They) don't think it's a damn show, (They) Think it's a fight!"

I mean, if there was any time to go balls-to-the wall all over the place, this is it. Fight all over the arena. Start throwing bombs at each other, tumble over the ropes, land and keep throwing bombs type stuff.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

My only reservation about this Sunday is that MJF and Punk set the bar so high in Chicago, I find it hard to imagine how they can top it.

Double juice. A beaten down and desperate MJF covered in blood begging for mercy, for which Punk has none. I think they can do it. Let's go. Would hate to have to follow that match, Jesus. 

• Like 6

When Tony started, I thought he was talking about TNA/Impact but RoH is also a holy shit moment.

Danielson and Daniels was excellent, as to be expected. Danielson really is just stiffing the crap out of everyone.

Tag battle royale, as with all battle royales, had moments mixed in with a lot of chaos and built some feuds. Top Flight gets a huge rub! Anthony Bowens gets a huge rub! Wingmen on actual television! Let's run Acclaimed vs Top Flight for #1 contenders. P&P vs 2.0, am I remembering that right? And then there's FTR. Not really rooting for any of the teams in the 3-way at the PPV, and I'm expecting JE to retain when ReD and Bucks take each other out to advance that feud.

Punk-MJF was perfect. I thought I was going to have to wipe Punk's blood off my TV screen after that closeup.

The women's tag match did a good job of selling the PPV match, and Rosa and Britt definitely decided to lay in some snug shots. Good match but had awkward moments. Hayter's tiny pants are borderline NSF-regular cable, much less SFW.

Wardlow was Wardlow, ready for him to destroy Spears. Guess we know where Comoroto and Bononi lie in the Dark pecking order.

Main was also very good and did an excellent job of being the go-home match for the PPV main event. JR saying that Silver was like Ivan Putski (who was a central Texas gym teacher post-wrestling) with a beard was funny, but mostly made me want Silver and an unmasked Preston Vance to dress up as Ivan and Nikita Koloff.

Great show top to bottom, definitely sold me on the PPV, wasn't able to pay super close attention, especially during PiP, as I was once again having to work late in a hotel while watching Dynamite.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I felt the same about Britt in that tag. If that's the level she'll perform at then that match should definitely not main event. 

Re: The ROH deal, hopefully he can find some other syndication than cursed Sinclair. And maybe (here is the baseless speculation part) decided to steal the entire Women of Honor roster for AEW (if I were him, anyway. That tournament was the shit). If he's getting the HBO Max deal then the ROH library might just be the tongue on the envelope to seal it. 

Chris Daniels' eye grossed me out yet I can see blood pumping out of Punk and nothing. Weird. Anyway, popped for the Arabian Moonsault and Daniels upping the stiffness in response to Danielson, but it was a fairly perfunctory match in comparison to the rest of Bryan's. That was probably due to Daniels being one foot in retirement, of course. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

The women's tag match did a good job of selling the PPV match, and Rosa and Britt definitely decided to lay in some snug shots. Good match but had awkward moments. Hayter's tiny pants are borderline NSF-regular cable, much less NSFW.

(Looks around)

Anyone else going to do it, or should I?

(waits a beat)

Ok, I'll do it.

"Settle down, JLowecito" 

?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Casey said:

Oh god, SRS said on his live post-show that the same person that leaked the ROH news to him also mentioned that he thinks Cody will end up in charge of Ring Of Honor.

Holy fucking shit. I called it! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This was a pretty good show tonight. Not really anything that was a let down moment. Tony buying ROH leads to so many possibilities. All of them mostly good.

MJF is on a whole other level with his heel work. I thought he Punk was going to call off the dog collar match after the hug and then all hell broke loose. 

Between that, Mox/Bryan, and Eddie/Jericho those are three matches alone I would order a show for. The rest is an added bonus.

• Like 1

Oh my God, will someone please think of Jim Cornette?! How long after he realized TK owns some of his work did the ugly crying start?

Edited by Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Oh god, SRS said on his live post-show that the same person that leaked the ROH news to him also mentioned that he thinks Cody will end up in charge of Ring Of Honor.

Once again, we need the Wow reaction

• Like 3

Based on the Pinnacle’s involvement in the Punk/MJF feud and all of the run-ins in the Raven/Punk dog collar match, I’m expecting a cast of thousands for the finish on Sunday.

If this were a romantic comedy, TK buying ROH for Cody would be the grand sweeping gesture that mends the third act breakup. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Oh my God, will someone please think of Jim Cornette?! How long after he realized TK owns some of his work that the ugly crying started?

Personally, I try not to think of Jim Cornette.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I can still vividly remember watching "The Era of Honor Begins" being astounded by what I was seeing.  Watching Daniels/Danielson tonight made me feel lots of things.  First it made me feel old, then nostalgic, then back to old.  After that though I just felt incredibly happy that we were seeing this as a tribute to a company TK will do right.  Fuck yeah, man.  Didn't see the last couple matches yet but the rest of the show was fucking grand.

• Like 8