DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/2/22

20 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

ROH on Turner would dilute AEW too much, IMO. And if Turner's giving out TV time all willy nilly, why wouldn't there just be a 2nd hour of Rampage by now? Or why wouldn't Dark be a weekend show? Just doesn't make much sense to me, I can't see it happening.

I can't help but think that a second hour of Rampage would be the Thunder or Smackdown bringdown-buzzkill that this company needs to absolutely avoid.  I like that Rampage is somewhat inessential, and more Sunday Night Heat than prime time 2 hour Smackdown.  More important TV means more potential for burnout.  Same could be said for ROH if there aren't some relaible ppl in place to book it.  Burnout is my greatest fear right now (mostly from how those aforementioned additions and 3rd Monday hours wreaked havoc on the old guard big 2).  If Tony tries to run the creative of ROH I worry.  If he's just stamping approval, well, I love his taste and I'm all for it.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.    

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I agree, wrestling is best when Kids are In Satan's Service. Gotta catch 'em early with the blood. 

I believe it's Knights In Satan's Service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I can't help but think that a second hour of Rampage would be the Thunder or Smackdown bringdown-buzzkill that this company needs to absolutely avoid.  I like that Rampage is somewhat inessential, and more Sunday Night Heat than prime time 2 hour Smackdown.  More important TV means more potential for burnout.  Same could be said for ROH if there aren't some relaible ppl in place to book it.  Burnout is my greatest fear right now (mostly from how those aforementioned additions and 3rd Monday hours wreaked havoc on the old guard big 2).  If Tony tries to run the creative of ROH I worry.  If he's just stamping approval, well, I love his taste and I'm all for it.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.    

Agreed on all points. Let me clarify, I'm not necessarily advocating for a fourth hour of TV, I'm just saying if they were able to just walk into a Turner deal so easily, it would have probably already happened with their existing properties

17 hours ago, Gordlow said:

All In-N-Out.

Double Double match. 3X3 and 4X4 matches. Animal Style match.

This is how you get Okada through the Forbidden Door.

Okada,Ishii and Gedo hanging out at In-n-out burger : r/SquaredCircle

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I mean, would an ROH acting as a Codyverse that also acts as an NXT of sorts be that bad of an idea? Seems like it would work pretty well to me.

I'm one of the few who actually dug Cody's act most of the way thru, but I'm not so sure he's somebody I'd want to pass the book to.  I suspect, like most, that his segments were sorta personally authored or co-authored, and they were what led him to be jeered whilst refusing to accept the natural heel role.  Just curious, what are you basing his booking abilities on?  I pose that question to anyone that thinks the American Nightmare would be a positive presence in the head ROH booker role.  That said, I'm not of the belief that Cody will have anything to do with Ring of Honor 2022.  

I don't think many people are assuming it because anything points to him being good at it per-se. Just that according to the rumors a big part of what attracted him to AEW was the desire to book and be part of the office. So not based off of results or merit, just off of his known desire to want a creative & executive role.

I too also liked a lot of what he was doing (minus anything with Ogogo or The Factory). But I'm fairly sure he is night after WrestleMania Raw bound. Had all this developed under a different timeline maybe it could have worked out. But I'm of the thinking he's already signed to WWE.

10 hours ago, Matt D said:

Last thought for now on the ROH situation. I just read some report where people think Sinclair TV is out, but that TV is probably happening on Turner brands. The problem with the ROH brand is that it's not differentiated enough from AEW. If anything, it's even farther in the direction that they shouldn't be going. More serious, more gated, more "pure." If they were going to have another brand then they probably should have come up with an AEW Kids sort of thing that could run on Saturday mornings on one of the turner brands and play around with the Dark Order and Serpentico and some of the other characters they had. The ROH brand feels like it just captures a portion of their already existing audience instead of somehow expanding it.

(So again, tape library! or awesome Cody Vanity Project)

Make Jurassic Express the tag team champs of AEW Kids and let Acclaimed and FTR duke it out for the main title.

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

I believe it's Knights In Satan's Service.

My friends had a spazzy hardcore band in the early 00s called Kids in Service to Satan. They were rad, I think their longest set was 8 minutes and tha twould have been probably every song they ever wrote.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Make Jurassic Express the tag team champs of AEW Kids and let Acclaimed and FTR duke it out for the main title.

The Acclaimed’s act is far more grating and annoying.  They are good heels and I can see them even becoming pretty good babyfaces.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:17 PM, Casey said:

I'll echo everything that has been said about ROH. They're a good addition to AEW's video library if they go the streaming route, and pair that up with maybe CyberFight, and that's a lot of content. On the other hand - it kind of sucks that ROH is yet another in the long line of companies to be swallowed up by a bigger one, but, also - fuck Sinclair Broadcasting, so I'm happy for this one. I hope TK doesn't try to book ROH and AEW, while still keeping his other football and soccer jobs. He's turning into VKM in front of our eyes, folks!

I said it initially and I stand by it; ROH being the centre of the Cody-Verse is too perfect.

Give him a house of misfit toys, let him run wild with the booking while developing the guys AEW wants for the future.

He could literally be the Dusty for AEWs version of NXT.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JLowe said:

My friends had a spazzy hardcore band in the early 00s called Kids in Service to Satan. They were rad, I think their longest set was 8 minutes and tha twould have been probably every song they ever wrote.

I would go to that show.

• Like 1

I knew MJF, that walking discarded suppository, was going to do something like this! It took awhile for Punk to finally drop his guard, but he finally fell for it and paid dearly! Damn that POS to the depths of hell that Punk will unleash on his ass!

...also, after hearing MJF threaten the financial future of Wardlow's family, shouldn't Tony offer Wardlow an AEW contract ASAP to counteract such injustice? As an economic sanction, as it were?

Edited by Shartnado
Tony, take care of Wardlow's contract, now!